PDA

View Full Version : duke dynamite's Game Ball - 1.23.09

duke dynamite
01-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Danny Granger - 33

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20090124/capt.dbede3c9559a4883a4ac36947b47ed9d.rockets_pace rs_basketball_naf106.jpg
photo: Getty Images\Yahoo! Sports

Play: Danny blocks Houston's Von Wafer late in the fourth quarter to subside a run by the Rockets.

Danny also scored 25 points despite going 5-19 in shooting. Granger also had 6 rebounds and 5 assists.

This is Danny's 3rd Game Ball of the season.

trey
01-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Granger was a pimp this game. His blocks were huge.

Kaufman
01-24-2009, 06:41 AM
do we really need a thread for this? there is a post game thread.

Justin Tyme
01-24-2009, 07:11 AM

That cracked me up! After reading this, I had to stop and clean the OJ off my monitor! Thanx for the laugh.

Major Cold
01-24-2009, 07:31 AM
While I agree I think Murphy should win. The dude played excellent D on Yao.

aceace
01-24-2009, 09:13 AM
While I agree I think Murphy should win. The dude played excellent D on Yao.Exactly, Yao was so humiliated he stayed in the locker room at the half.

duke dynamite
01-24-2009, 10:47 AM
This was discussed in the last game ball thread. The admins feel that this is a good idea, leave it be.

Good grief, can't I catch a break!? I'm starting to get mad here.

kester99
01-24-2009, 10:54 AM
I think that was just Kaufy being his usual mischievous self. (It's hard to be sure. There's a reason he uses Andy Kaufman in his sig.) Don't let it irritate, there, Dukester.

I could see co-game balls to Murph and Danny...but I REALLY want to be able to see Dun or TJ listed in here in the not too distant future.

duke dynamite
01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I think that was just Kaufy being his usual mischievous self. Don't let it irritate, there, Dukester.

I could see co-game balls to Murph and Danny...but I REALLY want to be able to see Dun or TJ listed in here in the not too distant future.
Yeah, he just came out of left field with that one...I wish he would've read the last game ball thread...

I would like to see them listed, too. TJ did have a solid game last night, and made it to the line, but Danny secured it with that block. It just totally killed the Rockets' momentum and mindset.

PaceBalls
01-24-2009, 12:06 PM
TJ was playing great D on Rafer at times. Danny definatlely deserves the ball just for that badass block though hehe

Dece
01-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Got to say I do find it ironic that you're always the first to cry in any new thread discussing coaching/rotations/pace because there's already a place for that. I'm sure Granger is honored though.

duke dynamite
01-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Got to say I do find it ironic that you're always the first to cry in any new thread discussing coaching/rotations/pace because there's already a place for that. I'm sure Granger is honored though.
Me? If so I don't think you should go there...

Major Cold
01-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Ok ladies lets just let this one go and keep the cat scratching to Maury.

Dece
01-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Of course you, Duke, who else could I have meant?

Really I think all the hub bub about who starts threads about which topics is silly, but it's hypocritical of you, and ironic to me, that you'd be the one complaining about xxx starting a thread about coaching, citing the official fire JOB thread, when you've got 2 superfluous post game threads (gameball + game pictures) yourself. Honestly, I don't care at all who starts which threads as it's easy enough to just not click if you don't want to read about it, but I was just making an observation.

I shouldn't go there... what is that, some kind of veiled e-threat? C'mon. Really?

heywoode
01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
I sure wish we could all be a bit more petty here at PD. There really is nothing to discuss other than this...

Granger definitely gets my game ball, although I would like to give an honorary one to Dunleavy for masterminding the mustache idea. ROCK ON, Mikey.

Kaufman
01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
This was discussed in the last game ball thread. The admins feel that this is a good idea, leave it be.

Good grief, can't I catch a break!? I'm starting to get mad here.

i frankly don't care if you are mad so throw a hissy if you want.

it was my observation and i'm on too infrequently anymore to have caught the last precious "game ball"

McKeyFan
01-25-2009, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood, Duke.

Proceed at your own risk.

heywoode
01-25-2009, 08:29 PM

it was my observation and i'm on too infrequently anymore to have caught the last precious "game ball"

Nice manners. Too bad you aren't around more. Glad you can catch just enough around here to know half of what's going on and still offer your thoughtful observations!

Pacersfan46
01-25-2009, 08:56 PM

Someone get this guy some Midol.

-- Steve --