PDA

View Full Version : 01/23/2009 Pacers vs Rockets POST GAME THREAD..PACER's WIN with the power of the 'stache!!

Kemo
01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
good win for us ...

Pacers 107
Rockets 102

Is it the newfound ritual of keeping mustache's ?

lol

GO MUSTACHE CREW !!

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Please keep them. I'm getting my fake one for Sunday. I'm pumped. Hopefully in a month mine will grow in.

Unclebuck
01-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Ford looked a little healthier tonight

tora tora
01-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Danny and TJ combine for 25-26 from the free throw line, nice job!

BPump33
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
It's nice to get a win while only shooting 39% from the field. It wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. Great free throw shooting really helped us out tonight.

Jonathan
01-23-2009, 10:53 PM
I am sick of the hatred towards Ford. He does get to the line. He is better than Bayless for our immediate future.

HeliumFear
01-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Danny had a good line; 25/5/6 with a couple of steals and blocks. I'm not gonna' get to watch the game (forgot to DVR),but the moustache thing sounds epic. I want pictures!

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Half the post game show has been about the Mustaches. Know why? Because they got us the W. C'mon Pacers faithful, let's go, let's get growing. Can't grow one? Buy one.

Justin Tyme
01-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Danny and TJ combine for 25-26 from the free throw line, nice job!

The Pacers won this game at the line tonight. They got out rebounded both games by the Rockets. Landry looked good and so did Scola.

I kept waiting at the 3 minute mark counting down for the shoe to fall, but credit to the Pacers it never happened... close but no cigar for the Rockets.

I liked the fact that O'Brien put Granger on Barry and Daniels on ? thus allowing Granger to be able to block the shot. Nice block!!

2minutes twowa
01-23-2009, 11:01 PM
good win for us ...

Pacers 107
Rockets 102

Is it the newfound ritual of keeping mustache's ?

lol

GO MUSTACHE CREW !!

I think it had more to do with Artest and TMac being out and Yao sitting the 2nd half. Nice win, but with those 3 sitting the bench, it should have been a larger margin of victory.

kester99
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Nice to see TJ getting his quick back. If he and Dunleavy's shots can get back to form, that would be a good thing.

Our defense did look better at times tonight. A couple of days of practice showing there?

I still hate the slow-down philosophy that coaches use with a lead and a couple of minutes left in the game. Going to a half-court deliberate pace, and hoping your D gets stops...it almost guarantees that 9 point lead is going to shrink to 2 with time still on the clock.

But good win!! Keep it rolling.

vnzla81
01-23-2009, 11:20 PM
I think it had more to do with Artest and TMac being out and Yao sitting the 2nd half. Nice win, but with those 3 sitting the bench, it should have been a larger margin of victory.

agreed. I am not getting to excited

Anthem
01-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Might be a Ewing Effect situation. I'm not sure how much better they'd be playing if they added TMac/Yao/Ron. One, definitely. Two, maybe. Three, hard to say.

jeffg-body
01-24-2009, 01:53 AM
If we would have had a few more staches, we's have won by 20.

duke dynamite
01-24-2009, 03:08 AM
I don't care who was on the floor for the other team. We got a win!!!

CableKC
01-24-2009, 04:35 AM
I know that we need the win and a "win is a win".......but let's put just a little perspective in this.....with the Rockets out with their top 3 Players, for once, the Pacers were the more talented team.

Midcoasted
01-24-2009, 05:16 AM
I know that we need the win and a "win is a win".......but let's put just a little perspective in this.....with the Rockets out with their top 3 Players, for once, the Pacers were the more talented team.

We did beat them in Houston.

Raskolnikov
01-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Any staches in action pics?

Major Cold
01-24-2009, 08:45 AM
I am so sick of the excuses not to get excited for a win, but the defense to hate the team when they lose by a last second shot is rampant.

The Defense was very active tonight. Why didn't we front the post on Scola like we did on Yao though?

Ford did look good offensively, but defensively he was alright. When he contested a shot his hands were bellow his waist on three shots that I counted.

For those of you who say that Dun is a horrible defender need to watch our defenders who are not on the ball. He was sinking and shifting in the first half really well. His team defense is so much better than Rush and Graham.

I wanted to see more of Ford, Daniels, Dunleavy, Granger, and Foster. This group has the slashers and shooter we need to go on needed runs in the fourth without compromising whatever defensive pressure we can muster.

I wish that Danny attacked Battier more. The dude was struggling to walk.

We should have gotten Landry. It is that simple, but I don't think the Rockets would have let him walk. Foster would have been the only player to snag him on our team.

The Rockets are in trouble folks. Once they finally get healthy they still have develop the chemistry that they have yet to establish. If they had all three of those guys we still would have been in this game.