PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade's divorce takes a nasty turn

Basketball Fan
01-17-2009, 11:50 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/people/story/857913.html

D-Wade's divorce takes a tawdry turn
BY JOAN FLEISCHMAN
joanfleischman@yahoo.com
Heating up: Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade's divorce from wife Siohvaughn, his high school sweetheart. In legal papers, she alleges he abandoned his children, committed adultery, and infected her with an unspecified sexually transmitted disease. She wants the names of ''all of his sexual partners'' during their six-year marriage.

Dwyane petitioned for the divorce last May in Cook County, Ill. They wed in Chicago on May 18, 2002.

Dwyane's Windy City attorney, James Pritikin, issued a statement: ``These malicious allegations are absolutely false and we look forward to the opportunity to dispute them in court.''

Dwyane turns 27 on Saturday. He and Siohvaughn, 27, have two boys, Zaire, a first-grader who will be 7 next month, and Zion, 1. Siohvaughn moved back to Chicago with the kids last year.

Dwyane's Heat salary is $14,410,581, according to published reports. He hauls in millions more from major endorsements such as Gatorade and Converse. He has a dozen vehicles, including four Cadillacs, four Mercedes-Benzes and a Maybach, court papers say.

The All-Star has been romantically linked to actress Gabrielle Union, 36, once married to former Jacksonville Jaguar Chris Howard.

From Siohvaughn's pleading: ``Dwyane has dissipated substantial sums of marital property including . . . buying his mother a $2 million church; placing substantial sums of money in an account with another woman; providing numerous friends and family members with unfettered access to accounts with hundreds of thousands of dollars of marital funds from which they made substantial withdrawals . . .''

Meanwhile, she says, he cut her off financially.

Dwyane, named a ''Father of the Year'' in 2007 by the National Father's Day Committee, has gone ''months'' without seeing his boys, Siohvaughn says. His ''failure to spend time with them . . . has resulted in the children at times being afraid of him; in fact, Zion . . . does not recognize or know Dwyane.'' She wants sole custody, and support.

She also says she has suffered ''grievous physical, emotional and mental injury'' from the STD, diagnosed in the fall of '07. (The infection is not HIV or a ''killer thing,'' sources say.) Dwyane and his ''paramour or paramours'' are liable, she alleges.

'Dwyane must disclose the identity of all of his sexual partners during the parties' marriage,'' says her counter-petition, prepared by attorney Michael J. Berger of Chicago. Siohvaughn has another Chicago lawyer, Dorene Marcus.

Says Pritikin: ``It is sad that an obviously angry and bitter woman will go to any lengths to publicly damage Mr. Wade.''

Siohvaughn speaks the truth, Marcus insists. ''A person's public persona does not necessarily reflect his behavior in private,'' Marcus adds. ``Mrs. Wade is prepared to prove everything she alleges. And, medical records don't lie.''

Spirit
01-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't believe her. She just wants his money.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-17-2009, 12:06 PM
If the STD thing is real...that's horrible.

Bball
01-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Cue the Everly Brothers...
"Love Hurts"
(you can cue the Nazareth cover if you want)

Roaming Gnome
01-17-2009, 12:27 PM
After a 6 year marriage... I can believe her. If she just wanted his money, she could have divorced him a long long long time ago. Considering they were high school sweethearts, I can see where it's time to move on. Especially when a change in lifestyle is involved like in this case.

As for, "She just wants his money." D. Wade filed the divorce papers according this story.

Kstat
01-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Very, very hard to prove person A definitely got an STD from person B.

Even if he has an STD, who's to say she didn't give it to him?

Basketball Fan
01-17-2009, 12:37 PM

Yeah and worse the kids will grow up to find all this was on public record.

MiaDragon
01-17-2009, 01:30 PM

Ive run into him a few times from my personal experiences and friends of mine who have more interaction with him that I do, the guys an A-hole, Ive never seen someone think more about himself than he does.

Justin Tyme
01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Let's see whose # are his fav 5.;) I'm guessing it isn't Sir Charles.

Justin Tyme
01-17-2009, 02:03 PM

What makes you so sure Wade is so squeaky clean, b/c he has a pretty smile on tv?

King Tuts Tomb
01-17-2009, 04:05 PM

Depending on her access to medical records, it would be easy to prove if he was treated for it first and she was healthy at the time.

It's too bad it had to come to this, but I've been hearing about problems with them for a few years. Not surprising, but I didn't expect it to get so nasty.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
DWade gettin' with Gabrielle Union?? Damn DWade...

Evan_The_Dude
01-18-2009, 11:09 AM
DWade gettin' with Gabrielle Union?? Damn DWade...

Yeah that about made me cry and give up all hope for a future with her...

Pacersfan46
01-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah that about made me cry and give up all hope for a future with her...

So you want the 'mystery disease' too?

Strange.

-- Steve --

NapTonius Monk
01-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Let's see whose # are his fav 5.;) I'm guessing it isn't Sir Charles.

Maybe #5 was the lady Charles was heading to see when he got stopped for DUI. :D

Dr. Goldfoot
01-18-2009, 11:20 PM
People can be idiots. Can't they keep this kind of info "court sealed"? I'm sure the 1st/2nd grader loves the fact that his parents are not only getting divorced but a bunch of internet/Pacer junkies are discussing their VD's. I'm appalled at this whole thing. Wade & wife getting divorced is really all the info that should be out there.

<---not a saint, but seriously.

Kstat
01-19-2009, 02:40 AM
...you really think his wife is going to NOT use the biggest weapon at her disposal, which is damaging his rep?

Basketball Fan
01-19-2009, 10:33 AM
...you really think his wife is going to NOT use the biggest weapon at her disposal, which is damaging his rep?

She can damange his rep all she wants as long as she doesn't have any skeletons in her closet she would be fine.

However she does share children with this man and regardless anything you do to him hurts them too. That and by damaging his rep she also damages his marketability and the extra money he could've brought in that she could've gotten for herself.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
People can be idiots. Can't they keep this kind of info "court sealed"? I'm sure the 1st/2nd grader loves the fact that his parents are not only getting divorced but a bunch of internet/Pacer junkies are discussing their VD's. I'm appalled at this whole thing. Wade & wife getting divorced is really all the info that should be out there.

<---not a saint, but seriously.

The quietest divorce I ever remember of celebs was the Bob Knight divorce. It was done and over b4 most people even knew about it.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2009, 11:15 AM

I have always said when it comes to divorces "he who can be the chittiest and hold out the longest gets the mostest."

Basketball Fan
01-19-2009, 01:27 PM
The quietest divorce I ever remember of celebs was the Bob Knight divorce. It was done and over b4 most people even knew about it.

Bob Knight got a divorce? I don't remember this

Major Cold
01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I feel sorry for the kids. I thought DWade was classy. I hope all this is not true..

Jonathan
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
When is Shaq going to rap about this?

Evan_The_Dude
01-19-2009, 04:00 PM
So you want the 'mystery disease' too?

Strange.

-- Steve --

I would drink Gabrielle Union's bath water.

Justin Tyme
01-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Bob Knight got a divorce? I don't remember this

From his boys' mother, I believe her name was Nancy, eons ago. As far as I know, not being a Knight fan, he's still married to his 2nd wife. If he is, she should get hazardous duty pay at the least for being married to him. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Naptown_Seth
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I think Goldfoot's point might be that this weapon shouldn't be available to her legally unless he also agreed to the records going public. It's sad that things like this can be played out in public.

Sure makes me wish I was famous.

Basketball Fan
01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
From his boys' mother, I believe her name was Nancy, eons ago. As far as I know, not being a Knight fan, he's still married to his 2nd wife. If he is, she should get hazardous duty pay at the least for being married to him. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

They're still married he thanked her for something at one point. I was surprsied to see him married myself.

Basketball Fan
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/02/dwyane_wade_off_the_hook_for_s.html

Dwyane Wade off the hook for STD
By Kevin Allenon February 6, 2009 9:35 AM | Permalink | Comments (5) | TrackBacks (0)

CLEAN GETAWAY: Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade leaves the Daley Center in downtown Chicago yesterday. (Brian Jackson/Sun-Times)

The estranged wife of Chicago native and NBA star Dwyane Wade on Thursday dropped her charge that the Miami Heat guard gave her a sexually transmitted disease.

The charge was included in a divorce filing against Wade being heard in Cook County. Wade's attorney James B. Pritikin told the Sun-Times that the accusation by Siohvaughn Wade (right) "was never true" and that his client was pleased the matter was removed from the divorce case.

Siohvaughn Wade, whom the basketball star met when they were students at Richards High School in Oak Lawn, accused Wade of infidelity and sought the names of "All of his sexual partners" during their six-year marriage.

Cook County Judge Fe Fernandez continued the case until March.

Kuq_e_Zi91
02-06-2009, 04:02 PM
A lot of charges get dropped when you have money.

I love D Wade, but the charges being dropped doesn't change anything in my eyes.

Anthem
02-06-2009, 05:50 PM
A lot of charges get filed when you have money.
No more true, no less true. I wouldn't assume anything one way or the other.

Basketball Fan
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
This is a bad time for this to come up during divorce proceedings...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/claim-d-wade-staged-sex-parties-smoked-weed-22257

Claim: D-Wade Staged ‘Sex Parties’, Smoked Weed
Dwyane Wade, who has experienced his share of personal public relations disasters of late, had another bomb dropped on him this week by the PALM BEACH POST.

(Oh, how the mighty Father of the Year has fallen.)

In a story published on the PBP’s gossip site PAGE 2 LIVE, Jose Lambiet reports that a former business partner of Wade is accusing the married NBAer of hosting wild “sex parties”, smoking marijuana and botching numerous business deals.

Richard Von Houtman claims he provided a condo to Wade that the Miami Heat star soon turned into a personal party bungalow. Wade and his friends held numerous gatherings there, which featured sex with random women and marijuana use. Van Houtman said he twice saw Wade smoking a joint in the house but wasn’t in attendance for the orgies that Wade allegedly helped arrange.

“They (Wade and childhood friend Marcus Andrews) both made it clear to me how their goal in life is to have sex with as many women as possible,” Von Houtman said.

Ugly allegations for a guy who is currently damage-controlling a divorce settlement.

So if Wade is such a bad guy, why did Van Houtman develop a close relationship with him?

Van Houtman:

“I got sucked into doing business with him because he has a first-class media persona, the new Michael Jordan. He was that good guy, father-of-the-year, celebrity who had his head on his shoulder. I found out after a year he was not like that.”

In addition to his detailing of Wade’s questionable lifestyle choices, Van Houtman accuses Wade of collecting $100,000 for his participation in promoting a charter school chain designed to assist high school dropouts. As part of the deal, Wade promised to get Shaquille O’Neal involved in the project, which he apparently never did.

(Just one of Wade’s pseudo-business, pseudo-sex investments gone wrong.)

The two also went in together on a restaurant chain bearing Wade’s name. Needless to say, things didn’t end well.

“Dwyane and Marcus would show up in the Fort Lauderdale location and round up the waitresses they thought were pretty. They’d disappear with them, leaving the restaurant short-staffed,” Von Houtman said. “They were sexual harassment lawsuits waiting to happen.

“Dwyane wanted us to built a VIP room in the Aventura branch (which never opened) that would be totally segregated, with its own bathroom and chaise-lounges. For what? We were serving food, not sex.”

(Wade and his accuser, in happier times.)

The restaurants all went belly up in short order.

You wonder if any of this will have an effect on Wade’s current divorce proceeding with his estranged wife, Siohvaughn. Could the accusations lead to a larger payday for Wade’s former partner? Not to mention severely reduce Wade’s chances of gaining custody of his two children?

Or did Van Houtman make everything up leading to Wade shouting denials from the rooftops?

Somehow, I doubt it. But I hope I’m wrong.

Will Galen
02-10-2009, 11:35 AM
This is a bad time for this to come up during divorce proceedings...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/claim-d-wade-staged-sex-parties-smoked-weed-22257

Wade could actually be worse than what's written here and yet people will still embrace him. The fact is there would be fan's on here willing to trade Danny for him.

Kid Minneapolis
02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
As a general rule, when stuff starts flying around from multiple sources, there's usually a reason for it.

Basketball Fan
02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9235686/Wade-sues-estranged-wife,-lawyers-for-STD-claim?MSNHPHMA

Wade sues estranged wife, lawyers for STD claimadd this RSS blog email print
Updated: February 18, 2009, 4:59 PM EST 55 comments MIAMI (AP) - Dwyane Wade sued his estranged wife and two of her lawyers Wednesday over accusations the Miami Heat star contracted a sexually transmitted disease through an extramarital affair.

In the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press, Wade is seeking at least $50,000 in damages from each defendant.

Siohvaughn Wade said last month the player infected her with an unspecified disease in 2007. Weeks later, she withdrew the claim from the court hearing the divorce case for unknown reasons.

That wasn't enough to satisfy the 2006 NBA finals MVP, who said her allegations not only defamed him, but caused "embarrassment" and "humiliation" along with damaging future earning potential.

"It has been difficult to see false allegations, rumors and gossip repeatedly discussed in public about my personal life," Dwyane Wade said in a statement released to the AP. "I had no other choice but to file this action in order to clear my name."

Wade declined further comment.

The All-Star guard also lists attorneys Michael Berger and Dorene Marcus as defendants, along with their firms, contending they wronged him in the same manner as his estranged wife. The suit was filed in Chicago, where the divorce proceedings have gone on for nearly a year.

Mr. Wade has been the victim of a reckless campaign by Siohvaughn Wade and her lawyers to publicly humiliate him and damage his reputation," James Power, an attorney representing the Heat player, said in a statement to the AP. "To clear the public record from these false and malicious allegations, we have filed a defamation suit in court ... and will seek appropriate compensation for damages."

Siohvaughn Wade's claim made "by and through her attorneys, and disseminated by various print and online media throughout the world placed plaintiff Dwyane Wade in a false light," according to the lawsuit.

"I frankly couldn't make any comment because I haven't even seen it," Berger said.

He did, however, point out that even though the original claim by Siohvaughn Wade was withdrawn, "Mrs. Wade has stood behind her allegations."

Marcus declined comment, also saying she had not seen the suit.

In the allegations filed in January, along with the claims of affairs and being infected with an STD, Siohvaughn Wade said her husband abandoned their children and goes weeks at a time without speaking to them. She added that the paternal relationship was so severed that her younger son cries uncontrollably when he's around and he does not recognize Dwyane Wade as his father.

Siohvaughn Wade's withdrawl of the claim wouldn't prevent her from resubmitting it to court at a later date. The divorce proceedings are not expected to end anytime soon.

Dwyane Wade's private life has been tabloid fodder for several months, a span that largely coincides with his split from his high school sweetheart.

A recent story in The Palm Beach Post, based on comments made by a former business partner of Dwyane Wade — a person who's filed suit against him, alleging breach of contract in a failed restaurant deal — said Wade used a rented Miami apartment for sex parties and smoked marijuana.

Wade's representatives denied that story, dismissing it as lies from someone seeking a payoff from the NBA star.

Dwyane and Siohvaughn Wade began dating as teens and continued their relationship through college. He starred at Marquette, leading his team to the Final Four before being drafted with the No. 5 overall pick in 2003 by Miami.

The couple married in 2002 and have two children, the older of whom was born three months before the wedding. Their second son was born in 2007.

Through the tumult, Wade has been having the best season of his career in many statistical areas. He entered play Wednesday as the NBA's second-leading scorer.

"He's done a tremendous job just focusing on the team and the game when he's in this building," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "In many ways, this can be a sanctuary, not just a place of work, but a place of escape and he's got a great way of compartmentalizing things in his life."

MyFavMartin
02-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe he had the STD before they got married?

Basketball Fan
02-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Maybe he had the STD before they got married?

If that were the case then his ex-wife's outrage is garbage because she would or at least should've been mad back when they did get married.

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/05/dwyane-wade-siohvaughn-wade-mental-evaluation-custody-trial-children-ex-wife/

Dwyane Wade's Ex -- Psych Tests Demanded in Court

10/5/2010 12:07 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Dwyane Wade's ex-wife needs a checkup from the neck up ... according to the attorney appointed to look out for the former couple's kids during their ongoing child custody trial.

1004_dwayne_wade_siohvaughn_wade_EX_getty
According to new documents filed in Chicago -- and obtained by TMZ -- the attorney, Lester L. Barclay claims, "There is a question as to the mental condition and violent tendencies" of Siohvaughn Wade.

In the filing, Barclay claims Siohvaughn's own testimony has revealed a history of extreme violence -- and he believes she has "homicidal" and "suicidal" tendencies.

Bottom line ... Barclay is asking the court to force Siohvaughn to undergo a psychiatric evaluation with a court-approved psychiatrist -- and he wants their two kids to stay with Dwyane while the trial continues.

TooBigNdaPaint
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
We all hope the best for Siohvaughn. Dwayne Wade is like Tiger Woods and all the other big name athletes in all sports. Money and fame destroyed him. He got caught cheating numerous times, infected his wife, ignored his kids, and he now has to pay the piper. His wife is not a gold-digger. It's the other skanks that only LOOK for rich men to take care of them as Trophy wives. Nasty skanks....all of them. Enough said!!!

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
We all hope the best for Siohvaughn. Dwayne Wade is like Tiger Woods and all the other big name athletes in all sports. Money and fame destroyed him. He got caught cheating numerous times, infected his wife, ignored his kids, and he now has to pay the piper. His wife is not a gold-digger. It's the other skanks that only LOOK for rich men to take care of them as Trophy wives. Nasty skanks....all of them. Enough said!!!

While I don't care for Wade at all you haven't followed this much have you? Wade didn't infect his wife with Herpes it turns out she got it from her side action and tried to pin it on him.

I don't know about her not being a gold digger that's debatable however these men choose to hook up with these women so what does that say about them?

Slick Pinkham
10-05-2010, 03:18 PM
She can damange his rep all she wants as long as she doesn't have any skeletons in her closet she would be fine.

Her skeletons have skeletons. He may be a jerk but she is bat-****** crazy.

she apparently placed all his NBA stuff in the living room: His MVP trophy, and all sorts of other ****** that meant the world to him. While D-Wade wasn't home, his wife took a baseball bat to all his stuff and bashed the *** out of them for him to find when he got home

http://deadspin.com/5143017/the-one-where-dwyane-wades-wife-goes-crazy

"Dwayne Wade's Ex-Wife Siohvaughn Gets Dropped By 9th Lawyer"
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Dwayne-Wade-s-Ex-Wife-Siohvaughn-Gets-Dropped-By-9th-Lawyer.aspx?BlogID=a922d8b2-3a49-4e1b-b948-862e65f37f45

"Police Search For Dwayne Wade's Ex-Wife After Missing Court Date"
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Police-Search-For-Dwayne-Wade-s-Ex-Wife-After-Missing-Court-Date.aspx?BlogID=5196da67-a926-492f-ba0a-55a196c40396

"Dwayne Wade's Ex-Wife SiohVaughn Taken Into Custody By Police"
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Dwayne-Wade-s-Ex-Wife-SiohVaughn-Taken-Into-Custody-By-Police.aspx?BlogID=cf5c3600-d13b-4e41-a138-cc3c0701db06

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Her skeletons have skeletons. He may be a jerk but she is bat-****** crazy.

http://deadspin.com/5143017/the-one-where-dwyane-wades-wife-goes-crazy

"Dwayne Wade's Ex-Wife Siohvaughn Gets Dropped By 9th Lawyer"
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Dwayne-Wade-s-Ex-Wife-Siohvaughn-Gets-Dropped-By-9th-Lawyer.aspx?BlogID=a922d8b2-3a49-4e1b-b948-862e65f37f45

"Police Search For Dwayne Wade's Ex-Wife After Missing Court Date"
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Police-Search-For-Dwayne-Wade-s-Ex-Wife-After-Missing-Court-Date.aspx?BlogID=5196da67-a926-492f-ba0a-55a196c40396

"Dwayne Wade's Ex-Wife SiohVaughn Taken Into Custody By Police"
http://dimewars.com/Blog/Dwayne-Wade-s-Ex-Wife-SiohVaughn-Taken-Into-Custody-By-Police.aspx?BlogID=cf5c3600-d13b-4e41-a138-cc3c0701db06

I agree it truly sucks for the children.

rock747
10-05-2010, 03:56 PM
She may seem crazy now, but I would assume that Wade is probably at the base of all her problems.

Kstat
10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't think Wade has much to do with no lawyer wanting to represent her...in a multi-million dollars divorce case.

How toxic do you have to be for lawyers to not want to have anything to do with you with million of dollars at stake?

pacer4ever
10-05-2010, 05:01 PM
that woman is sycho

Slick Pinkham
10-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Can you imagine coming home and finding that every trophy you ever won in your whole life, from when you were a kid until you won a NBA Finals MVP, was literally smashed to bits by your wife using a baseball bat?

Man, that is cold...

Basketball Fan
10-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Can you imagine coming home and finding that every trophy you ever won in your whole life, from when you were a kid until you won a NBA Finals MVP, was literally smashed to bits by your wife using a baseball bat?

Man, that is cold...

Could be worse she could've taken the baseball bat or a golf club to him

Kemo
10-05-2010, 05:38 PM

Man, that is cold...

Honestly I cannot even answer that .. by emotions would tell me to merc the b**** .. but my brain would send the impulse to my legs .. to get to steppin .. and quickly ..

Brad8888
10-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Think he would ever fail the NBA drug test 3 times...

pacer4ever
10-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Man, that is cold...

ya i heard she has been crazy for awhile the only reason he wanted to work it out was 4 the kids

Anthem
10-05-2010, 08:17 PM
She may seem crazy now, but I would assume that Wade is probably at the base of all her problems.
If that's your assumption, then she's not the only one who needs an eval.

Basketball Fan
03-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Wade gets custody of kids (wow she must be a real hot mess if the father gets the kids)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-dwyane-wade-custody-20110313,0,6833068.story

NBA star Wade wins custody of children
Chicago judge rules for Miami Heat player in contentious litigation with ex-wife

Share 0diggsdigg
Topics
Celebrities and Bad Behavior
Justice System
Getaway Travel
See more topics »
XBasketball
Judges
NBA
Trips and Vacations
Lawyers
Miami Heat
Trials
Athletes
Dwyane Wade By Kristen Mack and Becky Schlikerman, Tribune reporters

6:32 p.m. CDT, March 13, 2011
E-mail Print Share Text Size ct-met-dwyane-wade-custody-20110313
NBA star Dwyane Wade was awarded sole custody of his sons after a drawn-out and contentious battle with his ex-wife, lawyers said Sunday.

The Miami Heat guard's children, ages 3 and 9, settled in to his Florida home over the weekend, Wade said.

"Going through a custody trial was difficult, and I wish it hadn't been necessary," Wade said in a statement. "I felt it was the only way that I could continue to play an active part of my kids' lives and provide them with a happy and stable home."

Cook County Circuit Judge Renee Goldfarb on Friday issued a meticulous 102-page ruling, which took into consideration who will have custody of the children during holidays, All-Star Weekend and the NBA finals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need basic training in SEO and social media? Sign up for 435 Digital seminars at Tribune Tower >>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys, who had been living with their mother in suburban South Holland, will have 30 days to acclimate to their new school and surroundings. During that period, they will have limited contact with their mother, Siohvaughn Wade.

"This is a very difficult decision for this court," Goldfarb wrote. "This will be an abrupt change for the children. However, this court has very grave reservations about (Siohvaughn Wade's) ability and/or willingness to ease these children through a transition."

After the monthlong adjustment, Siohvaughn Wade will fly to Miami every other weekend to spend time with her children, with the exception of a few holidays, when the boys will come to Illinois. For the time being, the cost of her trips, including "reasonable" airfare and lodging, will be covered by Dwyane Wade.

During All-Star Weekend, the NBA star will have parenting time with the boys, according to the judge's ruling. If the Miami Heat are in the NBA finals, the boys will be with their dad, but only if Wade is a playing or participating in the games.

"Unfortunately I think the court got it wrong and it's not in the best interest of these children and fails to recognize that Siohvaughn Wade has been a wonderful mother and a provider for these children, educationally, emotionally and physically," said her lawyer, Michael A. Haber. "Mr. Wade, while well-intentioned, just does not have the ability to parent these children."

Siohvaughn Wade is considering an appeal of the judge's decision, Haber said.

During the nearly five-month trial, Haber accused Dwyane Wade of being disengaged, uncommitted and too busy to be a full-time dad. Wade's lawyer said his ex-wife is manipulative, mentally unstable and occasionally violent, and that she alienated the children from their father.

"In a custody trial that was one of the longest ever in Cook County history, we presented clear evidence of parental alienation against Mr. Wade," James Pritikin, Wade's lawyer, said Sunday. "The court agreed the best home is with Mr. Wade and that he is also willing to foster a relationship with the children's mother."

Wade, a native of south suburban Robbins, married his high school love in 2002 while still at Marquette University. Five years later, they separated and began what would become a contentious and prolonged divorce proceeding.

By 2009, Siohvaughn Wade had accused her husband of adultery, infecting her with a sexually transmitted disease and abandoning their children. Wade denied all accusations and filed a defamation lawsuit against her.

The judge found that Siohvaughn Wade demonstrated a "continual unwillingness or inability to foster a positive relationship between the children and their father."

Despite his demanding schedule, Wade has the physical and emotional energy to parent, Goldfarb said. Wade is in Miami at least 70 percent of the time, Goldfarb said, and his schedule allows him to be at home for breakfast and when the boys come home from school.

"The primary bond and attachment is to the mother," said Haber, Siohvaughn Wade's lawyer. "They've been yanked from their mother. The long-term effect on these children is unknown."

Roaming Gnome
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Wade gets custody of kids (wow she must be a real hot mess if the father gets the kids)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-dwyane-wade-custody-20110313,0,6833068.story

There are many states that go by who can provide the best for the child financially and family wise. Illinois is one of these progressive states that doesn't "automatically" grant custody to the mother.

In Indiana, your comment about the mom being a "hot mess" would apply, but not so much in Illinois.

PacerPenguins
03-14-2011, 08:07 PM

i would to :laugh: