PDA

View Full Version : I met Granger's father tonight...

duke dynamite
01-17-2009, 03:04 AM
He was in Home Court after the game scoping out the sales. I went up to him and talked to him a little while. I told him that I met Danny's high school coach his during his rookie year with the team.

I also shown him that I bought an authentic Danny jersey earlier in the evening, and he seemed very pleased that his son had fans. He was very friendly and appreciative.

He did ask me, "Hey, do you want that autographed?"

Will Galen
01-17-2009, 03:28 AM
Good story! You should have had him autograph it. Then you could get Granger to autograph it too and have had a one of a kind jersey! :laugh:

YoSoyIndy
01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
He was in Home Court after the game scoping out the sales. I went up to him and talked to him a little while. I told him that I met Danny's high school coach his during his rookie year with the team.

I also shown him that I bought an authentic Danny jersey earlier in the evening, and he seemed very pleased that his son had fans. He was very friendly and appreciative.

He did ask me, "Hey, do you want that autographed?"

Was he asking you if you wanted it autographed by Danny?

duke dynamite
01-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Was he asking you if you wanted it autographed by Danny?
Yeah, I declined. I told him about all the other things I have autographed by him, including the front page of the Sports section of The Star the day after we drafted him. It's framed. I'll take photos of my stuff today and post it.

Peter_sixtyftsixin
01-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Great story. I was in Home Court, that makes me sad I didn't know he was in there.