PDA

View Full Version : Stick to your guns Bird

larry
01-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Every day I come hear I read about trades, tanking for the draft, or signing a big name F.A.
We can't sign a guy like Lebron or Kobe!
We have Danny & he is just becoming that guy & I feel lucky to have him. You can't stop him from getting his shot, period.
Now I wasn't a fan of Murphy, but this year he is doing great.
Trading him now would be retarded.
He must be enjoying a PG like TJ breaking down the D & getting him open shots these days.
If you have some outside shooters, a penetrating PG, & a star on the wing that can get his own shot you are going to be good.
We aren't winning as much as I would like, but I like the effort & the sum of the parts we have.
I was only slightly disappointed in the 1-4 WC road trip & only slightly happy w/ the win over the D.
I'm proud of this team & even though the record is worse I'm happier w/ them.
I say let them play & get more experience & chemistry.
We could use 1 more super sniper from downtown instead of Travis I feel, but hey whatever.
We don't have a big time scorer down low, but neither did Detroit when the won the whole thing.
Sheed plays more like Murphy & Foster more like Big Ben.
(I know we are not Finals bound this year, but we have the ability to come up & be good for awhile.)
Bottom line stick to this team & start preaching & teaching defense.
(They promised D, but it takes chemistry.)
Maybe get 1 more long range shooter or a vet. on the cheap if possible.

HeliumFear
01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
The Pacers really put it in to rebuilding mode in the offseason,and they're not done yet. The team will change and it needs to. Good trades and FA signings need to happen(though I can wait for the offseason). The current roster might not even win a playoff birth(lottery plz? :)). The Pacers have a blooming star to build around in Granger. I'd be sickened if they didn't BUILD around him.

WInslow22
01-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I say we keep TJ, Granger, MDJ, Rush, & Hibbert. Everyone else on our squad should be subject to being used as trade bait for a quality Power Forward who can guard the post. Just my two cents........

xtacy
01-15-2009, 04:44 PM
quis should be the guy we are shopping. he becomes a FA this summer and prolly won't return. then we end up getting nothing. though we will have cap space thinking us signing a good FA is not realistic. we should trade him for a low post player.

this trade would be great imho: quis for haslem

salaries match and it would be good for both teams. a solid low post guy for us and a guy that can help wade about scoring for heat.

RamBo_Lamar
01-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Thank you larry for this thread.

I much prefer the positive outlook here than what I read in threads started by
continual "bellyachers" who seem to think the answer to improving the team right
now is to call for someone's head.

larry
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Jeff can guard the post as well as Rasho. Maybe Roy in the future??
Perimeter defense I think is the key "D" need.
If we make moves (I perfer small moves) that give us more shooting.
Yes, we score a bunch, but we are going to keep getting open looks w/ Danny & TJ.
Yes, we may not make the playoffs, but I still can see something good happening here.
We have had so much movement over the last 4-5 years.
We were at our best when we made very small moves w/ the 90's Pacers.
I see the talent we have now close to those 90's teams.
I thought in camp we would be on the short end of the talent stick, but you could argue the 90's teams were as well.
I might get flamedfor that, but I think they were so good due to great teamwork & relationships.

I won't make another long post, but there is something I like about this team.
Something that I haven't seen or said about the last 6 or so teams.
And we still could play in the playoffs.

Waht I like is they play every game like it is important, like it is the NFL & there is only 16 games.
That says allot to me.
They continue to do so even after some tough losses & despite a poor record.

Jonathan
01-15-2009, 05:47 PM
I have no problem trading Q6 or Rasho. But only to get rid of Tinsley. Rasho can walk after the year, but we need to look at resigning Q6 for next season. I know it is a good deal of money but Brandon Rush is not showing that he will be ready by next season.

kbills05
01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
hey the point and the matter is....is the pacers have 3 studs in Granger, Hibbert and Rush...THERE IS Potential there w/ Dunleavy being a 6th man hopefully. They need a PF that can post up down low w/ his back to the basket....that's what this team is missing....n honestly the person i would trade instead of Daniels would be Foster he's up there in age and is a damn good defender and is a huge asset....So maybe foster, Tinsley, and throw in Baston for someone hey that's not bad.....

BRushWithDeath
01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Maybe if we keep spreading the "Foster is damn good defender" myth we'll be able to trade him.

Major Cold
01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Maybe if we keep spreading the "Foster is damn good defender" myth we'll be able to trade him.

We really would not have a hard time trading Foster. Everyone in the league knows he is a good player. The good news is everyone is not you.

HeliumFear
01-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Perimeter defense I think is the key "D" need.

IMO the post defense needs alot more help.

If we make moves (I perfer small moves) that give us more shooting.

...Seriously? MORE shooting? I think we've got that covered.

vnzla81
01-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I hope the pacers could make a package of foster, marquis or rasho for a good pf like Haslem, Gooden, Milsap or Bass.

BobbyMac
01-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Thank you larry for this thread.

I much prefer the positive outlook here than what I read in threads started by
continual "bellyachers" who seem to think the answer to improving the team right
now is to call for someone's head.

Just what I was thinking...Go Pacers!!!!:dance:

larry
01-16-2009, 03:39 AM
IMO the post defense needs alot more help.

...Seriously? MORE shooting? I think we've got that covered.

Just my opinions, you can disagree & I'm cool w/ that.
I just see us get torched by guards who bust our perimeter D.
That makes our post D look bad by forcing them to help to compensate against open shots for the entire opposing squad.
I don't see to many teams just go pound the ball low against us.
Maybe if they have Howard or Bosh, but those teams pound it in against every team.
It has to be known by other coaches to attack our PG spot & often our 2 guard spot.
Team D will help out if you can't get a front court "Glove"

As far as the shooting goes I think we need another long range threat since Obie coaches his team to shoot the 3.
I can see your point here, because Danny, Dun, & Murph all shoot the 3 well.
I'd just like to have 1 guy who specializes in the 3.
I've just always enjoyed seeing somebody nail 3-point bombs more than I like seeing dunks.
Unless it is Lebron in the open court he is an incredible in game finisher!

Bottom line...
This team tries night in & night out, has the right attitude, & continues to improve all while showing great chemistry & promise.

focused444
01-16-2009, 03:54 AM
although the pacers will never attract a huge name in free agency ie LBJ, Wade, Bosh etc... which is fine bcuz we have granger...if we let every contract expire walk we will be one of a few teams with around 11 mil to sign some one after this season... the middle talent level players follow the money... example last year after brand, davis, and josh smith signed deals... there was no other place for corey maggs to go... the warriors were the only team in the league who could of signed him with out going over the cap....

i wake up every day and check if tinsley has been traded....