PDA

View Full Version : duke dynamite's Game Ball - 1.14.09

duke dynamite
01-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Troy Murphy
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/9a/fullj.31097174584e10f3b103b90788b44bf9/31097174584e10f3b103b90788b44bf9-getty-82980023rh003_pistons_pacers.jpg

Troy hit a key 3-point jumper late in overtime to give the Pacers the lead for good.

*There is an honorable mention tonight.*

T.J. Ford & Jarrett Jack

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nba/players_l/20081111/3711.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=UEQV2zNrIjxyHQZwAtUVKw-- http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nba/players_l/20081111/3948.jpg?x=65&y=85&xc=1&yc=1&wc=164&hc=215&q=100&sig=5ES5ZltOdornGHtzvLDqbA--

Congrats to Murph, T.J, and Jack!

Quis
01-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Couldn't this go in the post game thread?

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Good pick duke. I agree.

Danny's 24 and 10 weren't bad either.

Just a great team effort.

Spirit
01-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Jack doesn't deserve to be a honorable mention. He could have really hurt us with that late technical, that's stupidity to scream that much at an official over a missed call.

Will Galen
01-14-2009, 11:02 PM

I like to read your point of view, but I agree, if this is all you are going to say put it in the post game thread.

I would suggest you keep it up, because you are one of the better posters that have joined the Digest lately, but not post until you have a longer post.

duke dynamite
01-14-2009, 11:20 PM
I like to read your point of view, but I agree, if this is all you are going to say put it in the post game thread.

I would suggest you keep it up, because you are one of the better posters that have joined the Digest lately, but not post until you have a longer post.
Okay, I've been doing this for the last few wins, and no one has said anything yet.

I don't see what is wrong...

I've usually tried to say something a little more than stats, but it wasn't possible tonight.

Will, thanks for the comments.

Alabama-Redneck
01-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Duke, my opinion is you post anything from a 1 line statement to a 3 page document if you want.

You are one of the very few people that posts something positive about the Pacers.

I am so sick of all the threads that want to fire everyone from the owners to the ticket-takers. We finally have someone say something positive and they get chastised for the length of the post. That is pathetic.

We seem to be living in a world where negative is more popular than positive.

I am a very positive person and I enjoy your invigorating and informative posts. Keep up the good job.

Alabama-Redneck

:cool:

duke dynamite
01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Thank you, Alabama.

I appreciate the kind words.

Raoul Duke
01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Watch out Duke, the forum nazis are here.

McKeyFan
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
I think naming a player for the game ball is substantively different than an overall post game thread. I say keep it up.

I can go with Murph.

Hicks
01-15-2009, 12:38 AM
I say keep doing it yourself. I view it as its own thing like Peck's odd thoughts is its own thing.

duke dynamite
01-15-2009, 12:40 AM
So I keep doing it.

Thanks!

BTW: Ms. Dukie told me I had to include TJ and Jack. That's why I put them in as honorable mention.

El Pacero
01-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Duke, my opinion is you post anything from a 1 line statement to a 3 page document if you want.

You are one of the very few people that posts something positive about the Pacers.

I am so sick of all the threads that want to fire everyone from the owners to the ticket-takers. We finally have someone say something positive and they get chastised for the length of the post. That is pathetic.

I am a very positive person and I enjoy your invigorating and informative posts. Keep up the good job.

Alabama-Redneck

Couldn't have said it better.

imawhat
01-15-2009, 01:46 AM
I usually rag on Troy, but I was very glad he contributed in the overtime.

I prefer the games in which Troy is quiet early on and produces in the 4th.

His defense has improved so much this year.

Roaming Gnome
01-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Watch out Duke, the forum nazis are here.
Who are you referring to? I'm just curious...

BRushWithDeath
01-15-2009, 02:03 AM

Alabama-Redneck

There's a difference between being positive and a pure and unadulterated homerism.

duke dynamite
01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
There's a difference between being positive and a pure and unadulterated homerism.
I don't practice homerism. I have no obligation for commentary, I am a fan.

GrangerRanger
01-15-2009, 03:55 AM
wow, don't pay attention to them Duke. I like your posts.

But why no love for the guy who sent us to overtime? :confused:

Kemo
01-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Ms. Dukie told me I had to include TJ and Jack.

LOL Ms Dookie

lmao j/p

My mind's in the gutter tonight... and it just sounded funny hearing it in my head as I was reading ....

:dance:

Conflict
01-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Keep up the game balls, gives a positive spin on our Pacers.

Troy was red hot from 3. I'm so glad Sheed was not.

Shade
01-15-2009, 10:29 AM

If anyone has issue with a post, use the "report post" button and let the mods decide on it.

I'm going to start handing out infractions for "backseat moderating." It's getting ridiculous.

naptownmenace
01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
I can agree. It was nice to see our PF knock down big 3 points in Rasheed's face for a change. Not to be overlooked - Troy played some decent defense tonight too.

pacergod2
01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Duke.... I love your game ball posts. Keep it going brother.

Don't worry anytime the word "trade" gets thrown into a post it gets chastised for being anywhere near the normal forum and not in Trade Proposals. It is quite ridiculous really.

About the game, I didn't see it, however I have been really harsh on Murphy recently and to come up so huge tonight with a couple of big OT shots and solid rebounding, I am very proud to see he got the game ball. And to hear from several people that his defense was much better tonight, that makes me VERY, VERY HAPPY. I really think this team is making significant progress and would love to see the rooks get just a few more minutes so our vets have better legs at the end of games. That would help us get some wins down the stretch of this season.

Brad8888
01-16-2009, 10:10 AM
How about a deflated game ball to the Pistons who, for whatever reason, slowed the overall tempo of the game down and allowed us the opportunity to play better overall defense than usual with a side benefit of hitting key shots down the stretch and in OT?

Shade
01-16-2009, 11:34 AM
How about a deflated game ball to the Pistons who, for whatever reason, slowed the overall tempo of the game down and allowed us the opportunity to play better overall defense than usual with a side benefit of hitting key shots down the stretch and in OT?

That would go to Michael Curry. He has quite a collection forming.

Kstat and I disagree on a lot of things, but he's right that Curry's a joke of a coach. Of course, I was shocked he was even named head coach in the first place.

duke dynamite
01-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah, for a Journeyman player, he'll make a heck of a journeyman coach.

PaceBalls
01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I love these game ball threads. We just need more of them (as in they need to win more).

I have to disagree with the game ball for this game though. I think it should go to TJ, but Troy did hit the shots he was supposed to. TJ set him up perfect those last 2 shots, and he was also hitting a few clutch jumpers. I think I want to see TJ in the game as our general on the court for the last few minutes of games. I love JJ but I feel better with the ball in TJs hands at crunch time. That's not to say JJ can't be out there also but I would rather TJ initiate things.

duke dynamite
01-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I love these game ball threads. We just need more of them (as in they need to win more).

I have to disagree with the game ball for this game though. I think it should go to TJ, but Troy did hit the shots he was supposed to. TJ set him up perfect those last 2 shots, and he was also hitting a few clutch jumpers. I think I want to see TJ in the game as our general on the court for the last few minutes of games. I love JJ but I feel better with the ball in TJs hands at crunch time. That's not to say JJ can't be out there also but I would rather TJ initiate things.
Hence why I had to put TJ in there.