Bball
01-13-2009, 12:28 AM
More like Pacers playing Jazz in D suspended

Roaming Gnome
01-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Quick... I need a shower rod. :suicide4:

CableKC
01-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Poor Milsap.....he missed out on having a career night against our non-existent Interior defense.

tfarks
01-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Free Roy Hibbert

SoupIsGood
01-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Dunleavy's string of misses when we were down like 6 was just brutal.

MyFavMartin
01-13-2009, 12:32 AM
You know... if any of the Pacers fouled out at least that would give an indication of effort on the defensive end of the court.

We need to play guys willing and able to play defense. Can we trade Dunleavey for an upgrade in the post and get TJ and Daniels back?

pwee31
01-13-2009, 12:34 AM
We need a serious upgrade at the 4 and 5 positions defensively. I'll bet money that Okur just reach his career high for good.

Diener is a better PG then Jack

I laugh at you who didn't want to bring Kirlenko here, he may be overpaid, but he does everything!

I may be the only one who feels this way, but Foster has to go, his hustle is extremely overvalued.

It sucks that we're wasting Danny Granger's all star season

grace
01-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Can we trade Dunleavey for an upgrade in the post and get TJ and Daniels back?

What I want to know is who has a post player they're willing to trade?

Edit: I mean a good post player, preferably a low post player.

Justin Tyme
01-13-2009, 12:38 AM
The Pacers do make it exciting and entertaining..................

that is for the opposing teams fans.

obnoxiousmodesty
01-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Jack was completely unable to do anything to stop Williams. I lost count of the number of times Jarret was left behind the play. Without some kind of defense at the point guard position, the Pacers are playing 4 on 5 defensively and that's a recipe for disaster. The entire Indiana defense breaks down immediately as soon as the opposition point guard gets to within 8 feet of the basket. Open shots and easy baskets are given up by Indiana all game long, and thus far, all season long.

HeliumFear
01-13-2009, 12:42 AM
It sucks that we're wasting Danny Granger's <i>first</i> all star season

Fixed tbqh

pwee31
Why the hell would you trade Dunleavy? He shot 50% tonight and was 3-5 from 3.

The guy has only played for games.... in limited minutes, and he's produced better then anyone but Granger.

Trade any of the frontcourt. Murphy, Foster, Rasho

I'd even trade Quis or Jack.

Just give me a big that wants to play defense and is athletic, b/c this is getting ridiculous.

Okur and Kirlenko looked like Duncan and David Robinson tonight!

vnzla81
We need a serious upgrade at the 4 and 5 positions defensively. I'll bet money that Okur just reach his career high for good.

Diener is a better PG then Jack

I laugh at you who didn't want to bring Kirlenko here, he may be overpaid, but he does everything!

I may be the only one who feels this way, but Foster has to go, his hustle is extremely overvalued.

It sucks that we're wasting Danny Granger's all star season

I wanna bring AK47. press 1 if you want him here

Justin Tyme
01-13-2009, 12:43 AM
The problem is, what 4 or 5 can play "D" in O'Brien's run n gun helterskelter with no "D" system? O'Brien wouldn't know how to use a big that could play "D".

vnzla81
01-13-2009, 12:47 AM
check my trade thread for AK47

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=834326#post834326

Dr. Goldfoot
01-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Kirilenko's numbers have fallen off dramatically the last few seasons. This guy is scheduled to make $15 mil this season, 16.5 next and 17.8 the next. All of that considered, I can't think of any realistic trade either side would consider.

tfarks
01-13-2009, 12:53 AM
well if indiana stays on track they can end up with griffin/monroe/hill

jettison rasho and daniels

jack is aggrevating, he takes far too many game deciding shots for this team, looks to force, has a knack of turning the ball over at the wrong time. But he is valuable as a backup, and his defense is adequate. so they can resign him. its obvious the pacers need 3 pg's since ford will never have a healthy season.

BRushWithDeath
01-13-2009, 01:05 AM

Check the Warriors game thread.

Justin Tyme
01-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Besides not playing "D", this game was lost at the FT line where the Jazz shot 18 more FT than the Pacers, and the Pacers had 10 more TO's that gave the Jazz 10 more chances for points.

Anthem
01-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Jack was completely unable to do anything to stop Williams.
Nobody could. The dude was insane. That 30-footer broke the game open... until then I thought we might pull it out.

mxrider210
01-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Is there any reason Hibbert didn't play more. His stats looked decent. I didn't get to see the game tonight. Just wondering how he looked when he was out there.

Cherokee
01-13-2009, 02:12 AM
I dozed off during the second half and dreamed that I had purchased the Pacers. In my dream, after the game I told the Pacers to get on the airplane home -- "JOB, Jack and Foster," I said. "You stay here in Utah." It was a sweet dream.

BRushWithDeath
01-13-2009, 02:43 AM
I dozed off during the second half and dreamed that I had purchased the Pacers. In my dream, after the game I told the Pacers to get on the airplane home -- "JOB, Jack and Foster," I said. "You stay here in Utah." It was a sweet dream.

That's a nightmare for UncleBuck.

Peck
01-13-2009, 03:35 AM
Is there any reason Hibbert didn't play more. His stats looked decent. I didn't get to see the game tonight. Just wondering how he looked when he was out there.

He picked up three fouls in limited min. so I am certain that the reason for the shortened time was because he was making mistakes.

That is the official version I am sure anyway.

The unofficial and most likely reason is because you will now see less and less of the younger players now that Dunleavy is back. You will see far more Jeff Foster and a much smaller lineup during the coarse of the game.

Unless Bird dictates otherwise I think Roy's time will never come off of the very limited min. he gives him at the beginning of the 1 & 3rd quarter and quite honestly I would not be suprised to see Roy not start or get any min. in the second half of games.

As to how he played? On offense once again he was a dynamo as you can see that he scored more points than he played min. His defense was what it always is, mediocre (however I contend that his mediocre defense is still an upgrade over going small).

I won't say that Bird told O'Brien he had to do anything with Roy but my gut feeling is that somewhere along the line someone said that they needed to develop Roy and Jim is going along with it.

He is NOT Jim's type of player as far as I can tell.

BTW I am not saying O'Brien is wrong for giving Roy limited min. however I am just very dissapointed that some players on our team can make multiple mistakes yet play large min. and others get yanked.

d_c
01-13-2009, 03:50 AM
BTW I am not saying O'Brien is wrong for giving Roy limited min. however I am just very dissapointed that some players on our team can make multiple mistakes yet play large min. and others get yanked.

JOB is far from the only coach in the league who gives veterans much longer leashes and leeway to make mistakes than rookies. It's him and about 30 other coaches.

deekay85
01-13-2009, 04:00 AM
I think you can't stop one of the top pg's in the nba like williams. don't blame jack for this one. williams is one of the toughest guards in this league. overall we have to play solid team defense to pretend this guy from helping his teammates. unfortunately our defense is very, very bad.
Somebody mentioned it here already. ak47 and okur=duncan and robinson. it's unbelievable, what they did yesterday to us. thank you god that millsap was out. with him in the lineup it would be very very ugly.
jeff foster 34min, mcbob zero??? i dont get it anymore.
again we allowed more than 117points. it have to stop now. i hate those super truper high scoring games, were we'll loss at the end and i have a heart attack. we have to play defense, solid d, like it was the case in november.
west coast trip over: 1-4, one lucky win against the suns. not more!
i dont know who, but somebody have to turn things around and find solutions. maybe a trade before the deadline could bring some help.
JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!

MiaDragon
01-13-2009, 07:35 AM
JOB is far from the only coach in the league who gives veterans much longer leashes and leeway to make mistakes than rookies. It's him and about 30 other coaches.

Lolz we suck, let the kids play.

vnzla81
01-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Kirilenko's numbers have fallen off dramatically the last few seasons. This guy is scheduled to make $15 mil this season, 16.5 next and 17.8 the next. All of that considered, I can't think of any realistic trade either side would consider.

the pacers would have to take on a contract like this to be able to trade tinsley, I would send Tinsley and rasho to utah for him, and his number are down because he is not the second option anymore, still he plays hard all the time and he can play D, Murphy makes 10mil and he does not play D

xtacy
01-13-2009, 07:44 AM
i'm from turkey. i've been watching memo since he started playing professional basketball and i don't remember him scoring 40+ points. this is ridiculous. he is a soft guy that don't like the physical play under the basket and because of that he shoots 3's. you stay close to him to block his shot when he's away from the basket and if he goes past you to the basket someone comes for help. if you foul him hard (i'm not talking about flagrants just a little too hard but legal fouls) he shies away.

don't our guys know him? is this the first time they are playing against him? don't we have a scouting report? if we do don't the players read it?

and most importantly don't we have a coach to tell the guys that? oh sorry my bad we don't. he only tells to run and shoot the ball.

i'm sure a lot of you guys will come up with 'this team is fun to watch' stuff after this loss too but unfortunately it's not. watching this team play (i'm not saying lose becasue even when we win it ain't pretty) has become a pain.

i feel sorry for granger. we are just wasting his great season and may be his all-star appereance possibility. i doubt he will be selected just because of our miserable record. btw i don't want to see another one touch the ball at the end close games other than granger and may be mike. i'd like to lose because of granger's miss rather than jarrett 'who the hell put me on this court' jack's.

i'm greatly disappointed in this team. i wasn't expecting us to be that good but not this bad either.

joew8302
01-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Jack didn't lose the game for us. Williams lights everyone up. Okur killed us, that was a joke, as is this team.

Quis
01-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Williams had been having an off season thus far, but he lit Jack up like a Christmas tree. It's starting to seem this whole "Jack is a great defender" talk is just that.....talk. He looks like he'd be a good defender with his size and strength, which I guess is good enough for some people.

On the bright side, we're within striking distance of moving into the top-5 of the draft.

sloopjohnb
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Why the hell would you trade Dunleavy? He shot 50% tonight and was 3-5 from 3.

The guy has only played for games.... in limited minutes, and he's produced better then anyone but Granger.

Trade any of the frontcourt. Murphy, Foster, Rasho

I'd even trade Quis or Jack.

Just give me a big that wants to play defense and is athletic, b/c this is getting ridiculous.

Okur and Kirlenko looked like Duncan and David Robinson tonight!

Dunleavy is not a good defender. That's his weak spot. Although I agree he is one of the best players on the team (though that's not saying much). He might be more valuable to the team as a trading chip. He might be a player that could entice a team to take on Jamaal Tinsley. He can score. He proved that last year, and his offense looks good so far this year. There are teams that would probably love to get a guy like him. Teams that are in better playoff contention than the Pacers.

As for Murphy, I doubt we'd get any takers for him. He's due $11million through 2010/11. No team would want to take on that contract. Not unless they were as desperate as the Pacers were when they traded for him in the first place.

Rasho's contract and Foster's play and light contract might interest teams, but we're stuck with Murphy. And to be honest, I have no problem being stuck with Murphy, so long as he is not our #1 Power Forward. If he were coming off the bench, he'd be less of a defensive liability.

NuffSaid
01-13-2009, 12:04 PM
I think you can't stop one of the top pg's in the nba like williams. don't blame jack for this one. williams is one of the toughest guards in this league. overall we have to play solid team defense to pretend this guy from helping his teammates. unfortunately our defense is very, very bad.
Somebody mentioned it here already. ak47 and okur=duncan and robinson. it's unbelievable, what they did yesterday to us. thank you god that millsap was out. with him in the lineup it would be very very ugly.
jeff foster 34min, mcbob zero??? i dont get it anymore.
again we allowed more than 117points. it have to stop now. i hate those super truper high scoring games, were we'll loss at the end and i have a heart attack. we have to play defense, solid d, like it was the case in november.
west coast trip over: 1-4, one lucky win against the suns. not more!
i dont know who, but somebody have to turn things around and find solutions. maybe a trade before the deadline could bring some help.
JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!
I think JOB should use the game film from this game to highly how the Jazz defended the PnR! They are the best team I've seen so far this young season who defends it so well. They close off the lanes IMMEDIATELY! And instead of shagging off the ball handler, the rotating defender stays right their with him. So, if I were JOB instead of showing film and highlighting what the Pacers did wrong, I would instead use this as a training film showcasing the Jazz to demonstrate how it's suppose to be done.

We still outscored the Jazz from the field. FT shooting was the real difference. It's the one area of last night's game that really tic'd me off.

Pacers: 16-19; Jazz: 34-37 Difference = 18

Points in the Paint: Pacers, 44; Jazz, 30 Difference = 14

Question: How can a team who scores 14 more points in the paint receive 18 fewer FTAs than their opponent? How is this possible? It's no wonder Granger purposely kneed Brewer right in the bread basket! (And if you watch the replay you'll notice that he did swing his knee right into the poor guy's stomach.)

It's so frustrating watching this team play so hard and with so much aggression and still not get the benefit of foul calls, some of which are so obvious! The Jazz didn't beat us from the field; they won this one from the charity stripe which was the case for most opposing teams the Pacers faced earlier in the season. Here's the body of evidence:

Pacers: FG, 42-84 3PA, 13-22; Total pts w/o FTs: 97

Jazz: FG, 39-85 3PA, 8-18; Total pts w/o FTs: 86

Now, if you take the difference in points in the paint (14) and convert those to FTs made and add them to the 16 FT the Pacers actually made then allow for the Jazz to retain their scoring stats as-is, the resulting score probably would have looked more like 127-120, Pacers!

I thought the Pacers played yet another outstanding game, but as much as I hate blaming the refs for loses it's clear to me the Pacers still aren't getting the same level of respect from the officials as most other teams. Look at the stats! They shot the ball better all around over the Jazz and yet they lose.

As fans, we all but demand that the Pacers stop taking so many jump shots. Well, Granger and others have started taking the ball to the rack more, but they're still not getting the benefit of the whistle. So frustrating...

Justin Tyme
01-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Dunleavy is not a good defender. That's his weak spot. Although I agree he is one of the best players on the team (though that's not saying much). He might be more valuable to the team as a trading chip. He might be a player that could entice a team to take on Jamaal Tinsley. He can score. He proved that last year, and his offense looks good so far this year. There are teams that would probably love to get a guy like him. Teams that are in better playoff contention than the Pacers.

As for Murphy, I doubt we'd get any takers for him. He's due $11million through 2010/11. No team would want to take on that contract. Not unless they were as desperate as the Pacers were when they traded for him in the first place.

Rasho's contract and Foster's play and light contract might interest teams, but we're stuck with Murphy. And to be honest, I have no problem being stuck with Murphy, so long as he is not our #1 Power Forward. If he were coming off the bench, he'd be less of a defensive liability.

Who is going to take Tinsley and Dunleavy together with their contracts? That's 35 mil and 2 seasons after this one. Remember, at the same time you have to take back the same in salary. I'll guarantee you there won't be any expirings and probably a contract or 2 with more than 2 years along with nothing more than a rotational player or two as well.

Mt Dora, huh? I've visited there many times and enjoy the shops and eateries.