PDA

View Full Version : Could Jackson be a smokescreen??

indygeezer
06-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Cmon we've all questioned it. Why are they talking so much about somebody they'd like to have? A scmokescreen?

How about Josh Childress instead???

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/joshchildress.asp

(sounds like a Jackson duplicate)

How often does DW tell us who he's wanting???

Kstat
06-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Cmon we've all questioned it. Why are they talking so much about somebody they'd like to have? A scmokescreen?

Wow, what a bad NBA comparison. Reggie Miller Childress is NOT.....

I'd compare him favorably to tayshawn Prince. He has same basic game, and like prince he has problems with self-confidence.

Hicks
06-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Maybe? :shrug:

Sure sounds like we want him.

But then it sure sounded like we wanted Kareem Rush.

Snickers
06-24-2004, 01:24 AM

Wh-what do you mean? He's a tall, skinny 2-guard! OF COURSE he's Reggie Miller. :cry:

I hate draft comparisons.

Anthem
06-24-2004, 01:25 AM
Could it be a smokescreen? Absolutely.

I actually hope that we we trade for a decent SG, but I'm sure Donnie knows best.

Natston
06-24-2004, 01:27 AM

I hate draft comparisons.

Especially in ESPN basketball when half of the forwards are compared to Austin Croshere (which is NOT a good second round pick)...

kerosene
06-24-2004, 01:48 AM
I think Childress is too much of a SG/SF tweener and given a choice between him and Jackson I'd take Jackson. Maybe it's Snyder Indiana is after...

Could be a smokescreen, sure.

Is this the most frenetic, crazy offseason in years or what? Not just for the Pacers, but for the league in general?

Hoop
06-24-2004, 02:23 AM
On ESPN Josh Childress said he sees himself as a 2 guard. He tested the highest in psychological and intelligence tests, he did go to Stanford. He could be a great pick if this trade goes down. 6-7 skinny kid from California that can shoot the 3, sound familiar. :eyebrow:

Nick
06-24-2004, 02:23 AM
I would pass on Childress. I'll be surprised if he pans out in the league. As far as comparisons go, he kind of reminds me of a Jared Jeffries. He didn't impress me much at all when he played us last year.

kerosene
06-24-2004, 02:27 AM
I would pass on Childress. I'll be surprised if he pans out in the league. As far as comparisons go, he kind of reminds me of a Jared Jeffries. He didn't impress me much at all when he played us last year.

Funny you mention Jefferies. A little while ago I was mentally comparing those two thinking that Childress' game doesn't translate to the pros much like Jefferies didn't. I guess this is a wait and see type thing. I've seen my fair share of both Jackson and Childress this past season and aside from my concerns about Childress' game, I'm of the opinion that Jackson has more of the intangibles for the pro game. I still think Snyder is a darkhorse and not many people here are giving him much respect. Maturity could be an issue with Snyder but he has the skills to be a good player in the NBA.

akpacer
06-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Ben Gordon is the best player in this draft, second all time at UCON in three point %(behind Ray Ray). I love Tinsley and Freddie but this kid is good.

akpacer
06-24-2004, 03:46 AM
Ben Gordon is the best player in this draft, second all time at UCON in three point %(behind Ray Ray). I love Tinsley and Freddie but this kid is good.

SkipperZ
06-24-2004, 10:48 AM
childress is now and will be later on a better player than luke jackson.

And in my opinion he's more of a 2 than jackson is.

Bball
06-24-2004, 10:50 AM

Funny you mention Jefferies. A little while ago I was mentally comparing those two thinking that Childress' game doesn't translate to the pros much like Jefferies didn't.

I thought Jeffries did OK until the injury? (I mean I was 'under the impression'.... not that I personally thought that). I've not heard much after the injury tho I know he got some minutes.

-Bball