PDA

View Full Version : Felton To Dallas In Three-Team Deal?

MillerTime
01-11-2009, 05:58 PM
An NBA source claims that a three-team trade is in the works that could send Raymond Felton to Dallas, and Earl Watson and DeSagana Diop to Charlotte.

Oklahoma City, who would give up Watson in the deal, may be looking for additional draft picks or even more cap space in the deal.

The report was published in the Boston Globe, and did not mention a player coming from either Charlotte or Dallas and landing in Oklahoma City.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2009/01/11/nelson_thinks_you_should_believe_in_magic/?page=2
Boston Globe
By: Marc J Spears

MillerTime
01-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Not good for us. This means more PGs are on the market. If this goes through, Mavs will have Felton, Terry and Kidd. They might even be able to move Kidd to some team looking for cap space (towards the trade deadline)

vnzla81
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
there is another rumor where Dallas is looking to trade Bass and Stackhouse as a package, also don't forget that Dallas has another point guard in Barea

MillerTime
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
there is another rumor where Dallas is looking to trade Bass and Stackhouse as a package, also don't forget that Dallas has another point guard in Barea

I read that they are keeping Stackhouse for the playoffs

"Our plan is to have him ready for a playoff push," Nelson said. "Our focus is to get him healthy for the playoffs."

Dallas Morning News
By: Eddie Sefco
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/011009dnspomavssider.3d2d59a.html

vnzla81
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I read that they are keeping Stackhouse for the playoffs

Dallas Morning News
By: Eddie Sefco
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/011009dnspomavssider.3d2d59a.html

that maybe changed, they have an article on espn talking about this, I think is his opinion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090110-11
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

I saw the prospect of moving Howard as highly unlikely. My feeling was Dallas would continue to shop Jerry Stackhouse's cap-friendly contract and Brandon Bass' and DeSagana Diop's unfriendly contracts, hoping that the Stackhouse-and-Bass combination would eventually net something positive

avoidingtheclowns
01-11-2009, 06:48 PM
well on top of that Mike Conley (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jan/11/grizzlies-mike-conley-still-on-trading-block/), Jannero (http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/06/lakers-keep-eyes-open/8276/) Pargo (http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknotes115995311jan11,0,7170020.story) and Andre Miller (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20090107_Sixers_GM_Stefanski_knows_his_team_s_trou bles.html) also seem to be available. now, i'm not the GM of a professional basketball team but i'd bet eight TRIP-LE DOUB-LESSS that tinsley would rank last out of that group.

Anthem
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh man, I wonder if how much we'd have to bribe them to trade Ford for Miller.

Andre would be perfect for this team. PERFECT.

LoneGranger33
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Charlotte Bobcats rookie point guard D.J. Augustin will be out a minimum of 10 days with a strained abdominal muscle.

DGPR
01-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I'd like to see some Mike Conley action myself, but we don't have any trading pieces that Memphis would want. Boo-Urns.

cinotimz
01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Oh man, I wonder if how much we'd have to bribe them to trade Ford for Miller.

Andre would be perfect for this team. PERFECT.

I cant really see the Sixers getting rid of Miller. Since Cheeks was let go, they are playing fairly well, and Miller seems to be one of the major catalysts in that run. And they definitely appear on a track that has them headed for the playoffs. So, despite what has been said, I have a feeling Miller is a Sixer the rest of the season unless someone makes a super silly offer.

Anthem
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
I cant really see the Sixers getting rid of Miller. Since Cheeks was let go, they are playing fairly well, and Miller seems to be one of the major catalysts in that run. And they definitely appear on a track that has them headed for the playoffs. So, despite what has been said, I have a feeling Miller is a Sixer the rest of the season unless someone makes a super silly offer.
Agreed. I looked at it, but couldn't find any remotely decent deal we could offer.

Justin Tyme
01-12-2009, 11:09 AM
From a now stand point where is Felton going to get his minutes? The Mavs are loaded at the guard positions. Next year Kidd will be gone so there will be minutes, but this year I just see him as a low rotational player. To me it's a for the future deal.

pacergod2
01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I read this on RealGM (no author, no link):

"The Bobcats, Mavericks and Thunder were close to a three-team deal, but those talks have now gone dormant according to NBA front office sources.

ESPN.com reported that the deal would have sent Raymond Felton, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May from Charlotte to Dallas, landed Earl Watson and Dallas' DeSagana Diop with the Bobcats and shipped Jerry Stackhouse to the Thunder along with a future second-round pick.

However, Charlotte rookie D.J. Augustin was injured in last Tuesday's win over Boston, which could keep the Bobcats from dealing Felton."

This trade looks excellent for all three teams involved. Raymond Felton won't be resigned by the Bobcats, and they get a younger upgrade over Nazr in Diop and a very solid backup PG who will make less than what Felton would get resigned for.

The Mavs get rid of Diop's contract which really hurt their future cap outlook. I never understood that signing for the Mavs. They get Felton as their future PG, since it's looking like they won't resign Kidd. Nazr and May are just trash that they took on to get Felton. And maybe Dampier will toughen May's *** up. They get rid of dead weight in Stackhouse.

The Thunder do an excellent job of getting something out of a deal they didn't necessarily need to get involved in. They send the more expensive, longer contract of Watson out of town and take back Stack. Stack only has $2M guaranteed next year so I see a buyout on the horizon. Plus they get a second rounder as a kicker in this deal.

I could really see the Thunder doing a lot of "2 or 3 picks for one higher pick" type of deals this year. They have WAY too many picks to use on players that won't make their roster. Makes me wonder if the Pacers will look to deal with them if we are around the 10th pick and none of "our guys" fall to us. We can fill out the end of our bench with a bunch of mid- to late-first and second rounders who are affordable. Since we will need to sign about 4 or 5 players with our MLE. I could see us not matching for whatever Jack gets, and not resigning Daniels or Rasho. There are guys like VCU's Eric Maynor that will be available late first and second round (he has a similar game to Jack). Then we can go after a couple of big men and PF's who seem to be available in the second round because they are an inch or two short. I think this would be something to seriously look at for us. If we get three picks for it, odds are one of those players will develop into a solid rotational player for us, which is probably what we would be hoping for at 10 this year.

MillerTime
01-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I read this on RealGM (no author, no link):

"The Bobcats, Mavericks and Thunder were close to a three-team deal, but those talks have now gone dormant according to NBA front office sources.

ESPN.com reported that the deal would have sent Raymond Felton, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May from Charlotte to Dallas, landed Earl Watson and Dallas' DeSagana Diop with the Bobcats and shipped Jerry Stackhouse to the Thunder along with a future second-round pick.

However, Charlotte rookie D.J. Augustin was injured in last Tuesday's win over Boston, which could keep the Bobcats from dealing Felton."

This trade looks excellent for all three teams involved. Raymond Felton won't be resigned by the Bobcats, and they get a younger upgrade over Nazr in Diop and a very solid backup PG who will make less than what Felton would get resigned for.

The Mavs get rid of Diop's contract which really hurt their future cap outlook. I never understood that signing for the Mavs. They get Felton as their future PG, since it's looking like they won't resign Kidd. Nazr and May are just trash that they took on to get Felton. And maybe Dampier will toughen May's *** up. They get rid of dead weight in Stackhouse.

The Thunder do an excellent job of getting something out of a deal they didn't necessarily need to get involved in. They send the more expensive, longer contract of Watson out of town and take back Stack. Stack only has $2M guaranteed next year so I see a buyout on the horizon. Plus they get a second rounder as a kicker in this deal.

I could really see the Thunder doing a lot of "2 or 3 picks for one higher pick" type of deals this year. They have WAY too many picks to use on players that won't make their roster. Makes me wonder if the Pacers will look to deal with them if we are around the 10th pick and none of "our guys" fall to us. We can fill out the end of our bench with a bunch of mid- to late-first and second rounders who are affordable. Since we will need to sign about 4 or 5 players with our MLE. I could see us not matching for whatever Jack gets, and not resigning Daniels or Rasho. There are guys like VCU's Eric Maynor that will be available late first and second round (he has a similar game to Jack). Then we can go after a couple of big men and PF's who seem to be available in the second round because they are an inch or two short. I think this would be something to seriously look at for us. If we get three picks for it, odds are one of those players will develop into a solid rotational player for us, which is probably what we would be hoping for at 10 this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3826213
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

pacergod2
01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks MT. You're my dude.

MillerTime
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks MT. You're my dude.

:buddies: No problem