PDA

View Full Version : Bring back tinsley

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:12 AM
There is no way tinsley could be any worse than Jarrett "Turnover" Jack. How did this guy get so many minutes in this game. I think BRush would of done much better defensively on Kobe.

We had this game, this game would of given the pacers more confidence than they would of known what to do with and we would of went on a streak. Now we will probably be back to losing.

Lets bring Tinsley back and showcase him so we can possibly trade him, in the meantime he can teach Jarrett Jack to at least be a mediocre point guard.

QuickRelease
01-10-2009, 01:13 AM
We'd have to do a lot more losing and take a lot more drugs!

MyFavMartin
how about we just get tj ford healthy?

LoneGranger33
I am also beyond frustrated with that result, but what you are saying is madness. (And this is not Sparta).

Hicks
01-10-2009, 01:14 AM
No.

MrSparko
01-10-2009, 01:14 AM
This could get messy

Coop
01-10-2009, 01:15 AM
The mere thought of Tinsley suiting up again for us is horrifying. I don't think I'd watch another game all year.

Suaveness
01-10-2009, 01:15 AM
*removed* -Hicks

FireTheCoach
01-10-2009, 01:16 AM
uhhhh yeah.... Jack turns the ball over waaaaaay to often. I was saying to my wife during the game that if we had a good pg we'd be damn hard to beat.

but to think of Tinsley coming back is just insanity.

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:18 AM
So everyone here thinks Jack is better than Tinsley, I guess I am stupid then.

MyFavMartin
01-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I hope Tinsley shows up for one of your band gigs.

Atleast you'll be able to answer the question "Do you KNOW who I am?"

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
I'll say yes I do, you are a far superior point guard to Jarrett Jack.

MrSparko
01-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Good Tinsley is better, but if he played I don't know if I could root for the Las Vegas Pacers in a few years.

El Pacero
01-10-2009, 01:23 AM
You've had about five posts just tonight about how much Jack sucks. Yeah, he sucked tonight. But he's also had some pretty good games. Tinsely sucked a lot, too . . . and he is in the same negative light as Artest and Jackson in Indiana, no thanks.

MiaDragon
01-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Its not Jacks fault JOB insists on playing him

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm sorry is it that obvious how much Jarrett Jack has ruined my life. I lost my wife, my job, and my future ALL BECAUSE OF JARRETT JACK.

Alpolloloco
01-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Just because you have the same initials as him doesn't mean you need to support your boy Jamaal.

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:36 AM
I am only supporting him because we ride togetha and because Jarrett Jack stole all the seratonins from my brain

FireTheCoach
01-10-2009, 01:40 AM

I doubt everyone here thinks JJ is a better point guard than Tins.... I certainly dont, I always thought that Jamal had big time skills... it's the more obscure intangables that make Tinsley a liability on the team.

Hes got mad ball skills, and he makes some passes that seem impossible... but he makes poor decision after poor decision, both on the court and off.

BTW.... I'm sure you're not serious anyway and are just suffering from post loss trauma.

Cherokee
01-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah, we needed someone to take our last 11 shots. Just kidding.

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah i've never had post loss trauma like this, i need a doctors stat

OakMoses
01-10-2009, 01:48 AM
8 assists and 3 turnovers. That's a terrible game for sure. I suppose I shouldn't mention that Tinsley averages 3 TO's/game for his career or that he shoots under 40% and doesn't play defense.

MagicRat
01-10-2009, 01:48 AM
:woohoo:

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:49 AM
ok everyone move along, anyone who thinks this is a serious statement doesn't know me well enough to know how completely irrational I am after a close pacers loss.

MiaDragon
01-10-2009, 01:50 AM
8 assists and 3 turnovers. That's a terrible game for sure. I suppose I shouldn't mention that Tinsley averages 3 TO's/game for his career or that he shoots under 40% and doesn't play defense.

By his stat line it looks decent, however if those TO's had time marks it be a bit diff I bet.

Jon Theodore
01-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah he does seem to have a knack for making TO's when the game is on the brink of going our way.

grace
01-10-2009, 01:54 AM
:woohoo:

We really need a sarcastic :woohoo:

LoneGranger33
01-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah i've never had post loss trauma like this, i need a doctors stat

"Every 34 seconds a person in the United States dies from heart disease."

Midcoasted
01-10-2009, 02:29 AM

I agree. But if it means gettin him some trade value and actually getting us a player who can play I would be all for it.

Actually on second thought I like the way Diener plays. If he can ever start hitting his shots I will be happy. TJ Ford is the best option. I hope he can get healthy. His defense is suspect but we play team defense so it hides well beneath that.

Kemo
01-10-2009, 03:07 AM
I would rather eat my own excrement than to see Jamaal Tinsley EVER suit up in a Pacers Uni again..

That being said...

I like Jack , but here lately he hasn't been playing very well..
I think Coach needs to really work with him on his handles and decision making.
Even if it means decreasing his PT down to 20 MPG,and keeping him out of the game the last 4 minutes of the end of the game untill Jack can learn to handle the ball better and not turn the ball over potentially costing us a game..

If Hibbert, Rush , or McRoberts turned the ball over even HALF as much as Jack does during a game, their a$$ would be yanked out in a heartbeat...

JayRedd
01-10-2009, 03:10 AM
"Every 34 seconds a person in the United States dies from heart disease."

Shirley, you can't be serious.

Trader Joe
01-10-2009, 03:29 AM

A sane Tinsley is better than Jack, the problem is Tinsley hasn't been sane or reliable since his mother died, and that is the sad fact of the matter right there. Mentally Jamaal fell apart when that event occurred and I really do feel awful for him in that way. He never recovered from it IMO. Losing his mom changed him.

That being said, the bridges have been burned. Bring back Tinsley would be the biggest PR nightmare in a long, long time. I had to see Bird answering questions about that.

At this point, Tinsley probably needs a fresh start as badly as we do.

cinotimz
01-10-2009, 03:56 AM
How bout we coax Rodman out of retirement. He would probably fix the PF spot in about the same way Tins would fix the PG spot.

Make it happen, Larry. :D:eek::D

RamBo_Lamar
01-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Maybe PD needs to bring back Elgin56

:devil:

Mourning
01-10-2009, 07:00 AM
NO! Btw how fast people forget some how Jack helped the team just a little earlier...

Cory
01-10-2009, 07:09 AM
I love this team and i love having jarrett jack on it!!!! He shouldn't have been on Kobe though

ABADays
01-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Don't forget Tinsley turned the ball over every time he jacked up one of his crappy "let me take over" shots.

Major Cold
01-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Locker chemistry has been the best in years....

Unclebuck
01-10-2009, 09:31 AM
LOL

Thanks, I needed a good laugh - bring Tinsley back, that is a good one

Pacersfan46
01-10-2009, 10:31 AM
I'd rather smack myself in the crotch with a hammer than see that man in a Pacers uniform again.

Thank god it'll never matter either way if I do or not.

-- Steve --

duke dynamite
01-10-2009, 11:36 AM
A box of Cap'n Crunch - $4

A half gallon of milk - $1.75

A newspaper - $.75

Starting my day to a thread like this...priceless.

duke dynamite
01-10-2009, 11:41 AM
<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/223973/half_baked_magic_weed.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/223973/half_baked_magic_weed/">Half Baked - Magic Weed</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">The most popular videos are here</a></font>

ChicagoJ
01-10-2009, 12:55 PM

He's not the solution either.

When your choice is undersized, fragile, and not much court vision vs. brittle, pouty, but good size and can move the ball...

well, you just need to try to find another PG next summer or at the deadline.

jeffg-body
01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

grace
01-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Sure bring Tinsley back. Now that Dunleavy is playing again someone needs to be sitting on the bench wearing Mike's ugly yellow jacket.

MillerTime
01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
We finally have good chemistry. Tinsley is a locker room cancer

dryley
01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
By his stat line it looks decent, however if those TO's had time marks it be a bit diff I bet.
Wasn't he like -8 ast/1 to - going into the 4th?

speakout4
01-10-2009, 05:08 PM

When your choice is undersized, fragile, and not much court vision vs. brittle, pouty, but good size and can move the ball...

The Pacers have a lot of money tied up in PGs who for one reason or another can't be counted on--- ~$20M.

Naptown_Seth
01-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Better teammate, better attitude, better contract, better defender.

He's a TO machine, leaps into passes ala Fred Jones at a rate that is actually higher than Fred's, and at times doesn't defend nearly as well as you would expect for that being his strong point.

But Jack is a BACK UP PG not a starter. Tins is supposed to start so he should have better handles and passing.

The only reason Tins is done here has NOTHING TO DO with his abilities and everything to do with his inability to actually use them in a productive way for his teammates benefit. He was selfish and he had a bad attitude in a team sense.

Indy - good post on Tins. I think there is a lot to that as well.

Jack is also in a slump it seems so his value is down. My main question is why not reduce his minutes till he kicks out of that funk?

duke dynamite
01-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Sure bring Tinsley back. Now that Dunleavy is playing again someone needs to be sitting on the bench wearing Mike's ugly yellow jacket.
I already claimed that.

Infinite MAN_force
01-11-2009, 02:52 AM

Broken record?

This court vision statement you continue to make continues to be completily untrue as I watch TJ make great passes game after game. TJ has his share of flaws and his decision making is suspect at times, but your perception of him is outside of reality. Its not quite Croz24 - Danny Granger level, but not too far from the ballpark.

I don't know if hes the franchise PG of the future, but he is better than anything we will realisticly aquire anytime soon and much better than you give him credit for.