PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger #4 scorer in the league

spazzxb
01-09-2009, 03:41 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics

Passed Dirk with only the consensus top three in the league left above him. I think he's a star.:dance:

maragin
01-09-2009, 05:43 AM
All this, and no mention of Troy holding down #4 on rebounds on the same page.

duke dynamite
01-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, look at the company that Granger has.

This kid is amazing.

Shade
01-09-2009, 10:23 AM
It would be a travishamockery for the 4th leading scorer in the league to not make the All-Star game.

2minutes twowa
01-09-2009, 10:44 AM

And don't forget about Stephen Jackson showing his skills by leading the league in the coveted TO category;)

http://www.nba.com/statistics/index.html

Shade
01-09-2009, 10:47 AM
And don't forget about Stephen Jackson showing his skills by leading the league in the coveted TO category;)

FLAME ON!

:D

duke dynamite
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM

Sheed is leading the league in Techs this year again...lol

Shade
01-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Sheed is leading the league in Techs this year again...lol

Yet another shocking development.

Will Galen
01-09-2009, 11:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics

Passed Dirk with only the consensus top three in the league left above him. I think he's a star.:dance:

Dirk only got ten points in last nights ball game and I wondered how much he would drop.

ajbry
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM

He plays the 3rd most minutes in the league... Check out D-Wade and company in terms of TO/48 and Jack falls a few spots. Not a good thing regardless but you have to acknowledge his 6 APG as well.

duke dynamite
01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Dirk only got ten points in last nights ball game and I wondered how much he would drop.
Yahoo! Sports claims Dirk was "ill".

vnzla81
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
J green is place at 43 I would trade Danny for him today :rolleyes:........................................ .:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ajbry
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
J green is place at 43 I would trade Danny for him today :rolleyes:........................................ .:laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be perfectly honest - and this isn't meant to diss either player - BOTH Granger and Green's scoring averages are inflated due to the fact that neither have anyone else who can score on their team... Danny had nobody in his way and Green only has Durant. I don't consider Green a particularly gifted scorer and think his ceiling is an effective role player.

vnzla81
01-09-2009, 11:52 AM
To be perfectly honest - and this isn't meant to diss either player - BOTH Granger and Green's scoring averages are inflated due to the fact that neither have anyone else who can score on their team... Danny had nobody in his way and Green only has Durant. I don't consider Green a particularly gifted scorer and think his ceiling is an effective role player.

Agreed with your comments about green, I am just tired of some people saying that they rather have JG than DG, trust me I was not sure if Danny was an all star until I watched the game Vs Phoenix, I knew he was a good player but when you see the other team "double team" Danny and he still scores at will, that was the part that convince me that he is a different player. There is many good players in the NBA that are pretty close to Danny, JG,Duran,JH,Deng. I do think that Danny is a franchise and this other players are not.

Hicks
01-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Danny isn't a volume scorer. By that I mean he's not a big shot chucker. I believe he averages 17 shots per game. That's a lot, but not an obscene amount. I think he'd get that many shots on most teams (unless he was like the 3rd/4th best player, I guess).

ajbry
01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
He averages 18.9 (thought it was 19 even but apparently not) which puts only Wade, Kobe, LBJ, Dirk, and JJ above him in that regard...

Hicks
01-09-2009, 12:43 PM
I was thinking of chucking as a mid-20's kind of thing. That's still higher than I expected, though.

Shade
01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
He plays the 3rd most minutes in the league... Check out D-Wade and company in terms of TO/48 and Jack falls a few spots. Not a good thing regardless but you have to acknowledge his 6 APG as well.

When Jack starts dropping anywhere near Wade's production, we'll talk.

Shade
01-09-2009, 12:49 PM

There were many nights where Quis, Ford, or Jack would back Danny with 20+ of their own.

Hell, Dun had 14 the other night in just 21 minutes.

Shade
01-09-2009, 12:50 PM
He averages 18.9 (thought it was 19 even but apparently not) which puts only Wade, Kobe, LBJ, Dirk, and JJ above him in that regard...

Dwayne Wade
Kobe Brant
LeBron James
Dirk Nowitski
Joe Johnson
Stephen Jackson

One of these things is not like the other... ;)

ajbry
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Brant
LeBron James
Dirk Nowitski
Joe Johnson
Stephen Jackson

One of these things is not like the other... ;)

I was talking about Granger's shot attempts actually, this ain't a Jack thing.

ajbry
01-09-2009, 12:59 PM
When Jack starts dropping anywhere near Wade's production, we'll talk.

He was dropping 21/4.5/6.2/1.5 before the wrist injury...

Shade
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I was talking about Granger's shot attempts actually, this ain't a Jack thing.

Oh, well in that case:

Dwayne Wade
Kobe Brant
LeBron James
Dirk Nowitski
Joe Johnson
Danny Granger

Looks good to me. :D

Shade
01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
He was dropping 21/4.5/6.2/1.5 before the wrist injury...

On what kind of shooting?

ajbry
01-09-2009, 01:03 PM
On what kind of shooting?

It was a shade above 40% and then the wrist injury caused it to plummet to where it currently is... You know Jack isn't going to shoot a high percentage especially when he's the sole creator as well.

Since86
01-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Really think about that argument from the reverse side.

If you were an opposing coach, which is the easier situation to handle? Playing a team with one scorer, or multiple scorers? When a team only has one player to really worry about, he's much easier to shut down because you can give him a lot more focus. Game planning to stop one player is easier than game planning to stop two.

Danny shooting a good percentage like he is, and not having someone who can consistantly share the scoring load, while scoring at his clip is a lot more impressive.

Shade
01-09-2009, 01:40 PM
It was a shade above 40% and then the wrist injury caused it to plummet to where it currently is... You know Jack isn't going to shoot a high percentage especially when he's the sole creator as well.

Actually, I know Jack isn't going to shoot a high percentage because...well...he's Jack.

He goes in cycles. Sometimes he's red hot for a few games, and sometimes (a lot of times, actually) he can't hit the ocean with a rock from a boat.

Phildog
01-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Actually, I know Jack isn't going to shoot a high percentage because...well...he's Jack.

He goes in cycles. Sometimes he's red hot for a few games, and sometimes (a lot of times, actually) he can't hit the ocean with a rock from a boat.

Keep it going

http://www.pacificviews.org/weblog/archives/images/10-fanning-the-flame.jpg

Shade
01-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Is it flaming if it's true?

Trader Joe
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
He says you are fanning the flames ding dong.

SoupIsGood
01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Danny's points-per-shot rating is better than all but one of the LBJ-Mamba-Dirk-Wade bunch, and his adjusted FG% is better than all but one of those four. In both cases, the guy better than him is LeBron. Check it out: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nba3ptpct&qual=true&sort=pts&league=nba&split=0&season=2009&seasontype=2&avg=pg&pos=all

Dude's not a volume scorer. He's just tearing it up.

Shade
01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
He says you are fanning the flames ding dong.

Hence the term flaming, Twinkie. Especially when it's my own "flames" I'm fanning.

Quis
01-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Granger's now just .5 ppg behind Kobe Bryant for 3rd leading scorer in the league.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbascoring&league=nba&sort=pts&season=2009)

Fool
01-13-2009, 07:31 AM
There are only eight guys in the league who average double digit rebounds?

Mourning
01-13-2009, 07:45 AM
There are only nine guys in the league who average double digit rebounds.

:huh:

Fool
01-13-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm just surprised by that. I don't really have much to say about DG and his scoring average and earlier in the thread people were talking about more than just scoring stats.

2minutes twowa
01-13-2009, 10:21 AM

Today's random stat is brought to you by Fool:D

duke dynamite
01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Granger's now just .5 ppg behind Kobe Bryant for 3rd leading scorer in the league.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbascoring&league=nba&sort=pts&season=2009)
Good news, good news.

31andonly
01-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Well...I'm happy for Danny and it's a very good feeling to have such a good scorer on my team..but come on, we're losing all the time! The whole Danny-is-4th-in-scoring is nice, but without winning some games and without getting the defense improved, it doesn't mean a lot to me!

Anthem
01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I count 11.

In order: Camby, Howard, Biedrins, Boozer, Murphy, Lee, Randolph, Okafor, Jefferson, Bogut, Duncan.

nerveghost
01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Well...I'm happy for Danny and it's a very good feeling to have such a good scorer on my team..but come on, we're losing all the time! The whole Danny-is-4th-in-scoring is nice, but without winning some games and without getting the defense improved, it doesn't mean a lot to me!

My hope is that Danny's performance makes Indy a more attractive destination for free agents. You can't land a Garnett without a Ray Allen!

croz24
01-13-2009, 03:44 PM

murphy deserves no mention here. the mark of a true rebounder is how many offensive boards he gets per game. here, murphy doesn't even rank top 50 in the league. murphy's rebounds are the cheap defensive rebounds jason kidd has made a career on grabbing.

Since86
01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Must resist urge..........:mad:

Second line.

duke dynamite
01-13-2009, 03:59 PM
murphy deserves no mention here. the mark of a true rebounder is how many offensive boards he gets per game. here, murphy doesn't even rank top 50 in the league. murphy's rebounds are the cheap defensive rebounds jason kidd has made a career on grabbing.
Defensive rebounds are just as important.

ajbry
01-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I count 11.

In order: Camby, Howard, Biedrins, Boozer, Murphy, Lee, Randolph, Okafor, Jefferson, Bogut, Duncan.

Which of these doesn't belong?

No offense to Murphy, but he's quite simply outclassed by a pretty sizable margin by every player on that list in terms of both overall impact and rebounding ability...

croz24
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Defensive rebounds are just as important.

defensive rebounds are important, sure, but there are such things as cheap rebounds. those where the opposition takes their shot and the entire team is at half court by the time the ball hits the rim. the majority of murphy's defensive rebounds come in this manner.

Since86
01-13-2009, 04:16 PM
defensive rebounds are important, sure, but there are such things as cheap rebounds. those where the opposition takes their shot and the entire team is at half court by the time the ball hits the rim. the majority of murphy's defensive rebounds come in this manner.

I have a friend who openly roots for whatever team is playing against the favorite of the majority of the room. He loves to just be the badguy and get people riled up just for the hell of it.

I seriously hope that's your personality as well, because I honestly don't understand how you can believe this.

croz24
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I have a friend who openly roots for whatever team is playing against the favorite of the majority of the room. He loves to just be the badguy and get people riled up just for the hell of it.

I seriously hope that's your personality as well, because I honestly don't understand how you can believe this.

i enjoy a good argument, yes. but as for murphy's rebounding ability, i think i've made my point and i'd say his offensive rebounding numbers comparative to the better rebounders in the league says a lot. murphy has always been on teams who's opponents also take a high volume amount of shots. thus more defensive rebounding opportunities. murphy's rebounding is inflated. imvho of course. if you are going to call me out, then tell me how i'm wrong in your opinion. btw, i was not the one who brought up murphy in a granger thread.

i'm really not understanding how the pacers players can't be criticized on this board. murphy is not a good power forward. he has a horrible basketball iq, takes some of the dumbest shots of any player i've seen, doesn't play defense, can't rebound in the paint when it involves fighting for the loose ball, and has always been associated with losing teams. the pacers are 13-25 with the 2nd worst record in the eastern conference and we're supposed to act like the future is bright. please...

MillerTime
01-13-2009, 04:50 PM

I was just about to mention that

Major Cold
01-13-2009, 04:56 PM
the pacers are 13-25 with the 2nd worst record in the eastern conference and we're supposed to act like the future is bright. please...
I agree with you. But we don't have to act like everything is worthless either. I thought you would be happy with the losing. Gets us that franchise player.

Shade
01-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I agree with you. But we don't have to act like everything is worthless either. I thought you would be happy with the losing. Gets us that franchise player.

The thing that sucks is, as hard as all this losing has been, there are still seven teams currently worse than us record-wise.

So, we're on the verge of once again finishing in No Man's Land; too bad to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a top pick.

Major Cold
01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
YEah but the Wolves, Griz, Thunder, and Bobcats are playing better than before.

croz24
01-13-2009, 05:17 PM

murphy, imo, is our biggest problem player wise. he's just not any good. no, not everything on the pacers is worthless. a healthy ford, with a healthy dunleavy, and a granger who learns to create off the dribble is a solid foundation. i still don't view anybody on this team as untradeable though. the rest of the team, however, is pretty worthless...as for the draft, this is not the year to lose. there are maybe 4 players who are even capable of becoming all stars in this draft. just a very weak draft.

Will Galen
01-13-2009, 05:52 PM

If the other guys are such great rebounders why aren't they getting more of the easy ones? Murphy must be beating these great rebounders to the ball. And the last I heard a rebound is a rebound so Murphy does deserve mention.

Will Galen
01-13-2009, 06:00 PM
So, we're . . . too bad to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a top pick.

We got Bayless last year, and according to you he was a top pick. So which is it?

Dr. Awesome
01-13-2009, 07:19 PM

I could not disagree more regarding Granger or your overall point. If he is the only player who can score on the team, doesn't it make sense he has the best defenders guarding him night in and night out? Granger has been unstopable for much of this year with other teams designing defenses to stop him. Granger is an elite scorer in this league and its time people stopped knocking him for having a bad team around him. Its gotten to the point that even other teams coaches are saying he is almost impossible to stop. Granger has proved that he is a legit #1 scorer in this league, if he wasn't you wouldn't see him in the top 10, much less #4, bad team or not.

Also, most teams we have played have said the Pacers are much better than our record shows. This can go two ways, one, we are actually a better team than you think and Granger still does it, or two, we are a good team because of Granger. Either one proves your theory wrong.

RaptorsFan
01-13-2009, 07:25 PM
If Bosh isnt an allstar this year, no way in hell Granger should be;)

JO 5th in blocks, awwww cheaaaa

NapTonius Monk
01-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Danny Granger is not a fluke. Fluke players go off maybe a couple of times on spot occassions (it is the NBA, and everyone has some level of pro talent). 30 point, and 40 point games consistently is not the result of Danny being on a bad team.

croz24
01-13-2009, 11:04 PM

43rd place for a player in his second year is fairly impressive if you ask me. still don't think anybody on here called green better than granger.

duke dynamite
01-14-2009, 12:33 AM
43rd place for a player in his second year is fairly impressive if you ask me. still don't think anybody on here called green better than granger.
Eh, I still have to disagree with you there, d00d.

croz24
01-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Eh, I still have to disagree with you there, d00d.

there you go again, stating you disagree with something yet providing zero substance in your post. how is 16ppg 6rpg not impressive for a 2nd year player?

duke dynamite
01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
there you go again, stating you disagree with something yet providing zero substance in your post. how is 16ppg 6rpg not impressive for a 2nd year player?
Wow, you're right. There I go again.

Those numbers do look impressive. But what is even more impressive is that I got a salad at Marsh today for only $3.09 for lunch. Anyone impressed?

:laugh:

Dr. Goldfoot
01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Not even close Duke. I got four pre-made 1/2lb hamburgers from Marsh today for $1. Let that sink in, 50 cents a pound for hamburger and they were already formed into burger shape.

duke dynamite
01-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Not even close Duke. I got four pre-made 1/2lb hamburgers from Marsh today for $1. Let that sink in, 50 cents a pound for hamburger and they were already formed into burger shape.
Fixin's and all?

That is a great deal. I'm impressed. (I've been trying to eat healthier lately, though.)

Dr. Goldfoot
01-14-2009, 02:22 PM
No fixin's. Just the meat. But damn were they tasty. In retrospect, I shouldn't have made all four and fed one each to my 2 & 4 year old sons.

duke dynamite
01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
No fixin's. Just the meat. But damn were they tasty. In retrospect, I shouldn't have made all four and fed one each to my 2 & 4 year old sons.
Oh, well the salad...you know. It's an impressive deal for lunch.