PDA

View Full Version : Granger for Most Improved?

Hicks
01-09-2009, 04:20 AM
I just thought, shouldn't he be in serious consideration for this? I'm not saying he'll win, but he's much better than last season and is gaining more and more attention league-wide. Thoughts?

DGPR
01-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I think they might say he has progressed steadily each season instead of having a huge year after a mediocre year.

Unclebuck
01-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Maybe, but this award is typically for those players that come from nowhere. Not those players that come from 19 pts per game to 25 and on a team that wins about the same number of games

Erik
01-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I was actually wondering about this when I saw the MVP thread. I'm not following the entire league as closely as I used to, so I don't know who all should be in the running. But if he continues to stay up there with the big boys in scoring (even though the team is struggling) I would imagine somebody would take him into consideration.

ajbry
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Two words: Devin Harris.

Erik
01-09-2009, 11:35 AM
:whoknows:Or Rando

ajbry
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Rondo's case looked better earlier in the season, but lately he and his team have been dismal, whereas Harris is the up-and-coming type story - and they usually give MIP to players like Harris on teams like the Nets as opposed to a point guard who can't shoot on the defending champs.

Roaming Gnome
01-09-2009, 12:35 PM
It depends who the media darling is towards the end of the season. Heck, I have no faith in this award considering Dunleavy finished 6th last season. Turkoglu deserved to win last year, but no one is convincing me that Mike was no better then 6th for his improvements last season.

jhondog28
01-09-2009, 07:41 PM
It depends who the media darling is towards the end of the season. Heck, I have no faith in this award considering Dunleavy finished 6th last season. Turkoglu deserved to win last year, but no one is convincing me that Mike was no better then 6th for his improvements last season.

Him finishing 6th was a crime. I heard that they tried to award that to younger players but come on Turk is like 40 so really gimme a break.

El Pacero
01-09-2009, 11:16 PM
I'd like to think that Murphy and Daniels have also improved their game around as much as Granger has this season.