PDA

View Full Version : An (I think) basic computer question

idioteque
01-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Okay, I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop that I bought about a year and a half ago. Ever since THE DAY I BOUGHT IT it has gone through periods of time where it will automatically go into sleep mode without me doing anything to it.

It used to not be the big of a deal because it would happen maybe once a month, so I just saw it as a really small quirk and dealt with it. But now it is happening all the time and it is incredibly inconvienant.

Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening? I am terrible with computers and would love to hear someone's opinion.

GO!!!!!
01-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm no pro, but could it be a battery Issue, that would my first guess, then check your hibernation options...<O:p

Doug
01-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Power settings?

Look under "power" in the control panel.

Laptops are often set by default to sleep after a period of inactivity.

Haggard
01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Power settings?

Look under "power" in the control panel.

Laptops are often set by default to sleep after a period of inactivity.

I would say that too however, my insprion laptop sometimes has trouble charging when connected. I think its a fairly common thing for Dell laptops, there is nothing wrong with the battery,i think the a/c jack at the back takes some wear and tear and the a/c plug doesn't always 'connect' properly.

make sure its plugged in quite.

duke dynamite
01-09-2009, 11:12 AM
This junk of an inspiron laptop I have from work doesn't like to wake up from sleep mode sometimes.

I would follow Doug's advice and adjust the sleep settings first.