PDA

View Full Version : Well, that figures.

Los Angeles
01-08-2009, 05:18 PM
So I look forward all year to the two times that the Pacers come all the way to my neck of the woods to get beaten by whichever Los Angeles team they happen to be playing. This year is no exception. It's one thing to watch or listen in via TV or computer, but seeing the players live - even if the team has Haislip, Britten Johnsen and the Veep (True Story) - is a very special treat.

And guess where I WON'T be when the Pacers play the Lakers? That's right, I'm out of town for work :grumble:

Guess where I am right now? If you guessed Indianapolis, give the man a prize!

If someone wants to grab a burger and a beer later, give me a PM.

CableKC
01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
So I look forward all year to the two times that the Pacers come all the way to my neck of the woods to get beaten by whichever Los Angeles team they happen to be playing. This year is no exception. It's one thing to watch or listen in via TV or computer, but seeing the players live - even if the team has Haislip, Britten Johnsen and the Veep (True Story) - is a very special treat.

And guess where I WON'T be when the Pacers play the Lakers? That's right, I'm out of town for work :grumble:

Guess where I am right now? If you guessed Indianapolis, give the man a prize!

If someone wants to grab a burger and a beer later, give me a PM.
Well, you can go meet up with anybody here on the PD forum.....but sorry to hear this matter of bad timing.

You not only miss out on the game in LaLa Land on the road....but you happen to show up in Indy when they have a week long road trip where they're not even there. At the very least, you should try to stop by and take a picture at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Naptown_Seth
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm laughing with you, not at you.

(as far as your concerned)

(also, been there myself and it does suck, several Charlotte flip-flops happened to me, plus Seattle and PHX trips)

Jose Slaughter
01-08-2009, 07:14 PM
How long you gonna be in town?

Los Angeles
01-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Indy tonight. Bloomington tomorrow (my sister lives there now with her family) And right now I don't have Saturday plans but need to figure something out.

Flying out Sunday morning.

Dr. Awesome
01-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Sounds kinda like a story I had when I was younger. I was visiting Washington D.C. with my mom, aunt, and cousin. Anyway, their was something going on in the building they played in so we got to go in. We weren't sure what team was playing, but I asked my mom if we could go just to see a game, of course she said no, we were in DC and I wanted to watch a basketball game. Anyway, later in the hotel that night I found out they had played the Pacers that night. -_-

Thats a bummer though, maybe you can meet up with some PD guys and watch it at a sports bar though.