PDA

View Full Version : Sheldon Williams scores!

MyFavMartin
01-08-2009, 01:34 AM
http://www.wnba.com/sparks/news/candaceparker_pregnant_090107.html
author unavailable

Candace Parker Expecting Her First Child This Spring

“We feel blessed and look forward to becoming parents,” says Parker of her pregnancy with husband Shelden Williams.David Sherman/NBAE/Getty Images
Last year was a year of firsts for Candace Parker. In 2008 she was selected as the No. 1 overall pick in the WNBA Draft by the Los Angeles Sparks, she was the first woman in the WNBA to win both Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player and she captured her first Olympic Gold Medal at the Summer Games in Beijing. Entering a new year, Parker has another special first to look forward to. This spring, she and husband Shelden Williams of the Sacramento Kings are expecting their first child.

“Shelden and I are very excited to be expanding our family,” said Parker. “We feel blessed and look forward to becoming parents.”

“We are happy to welcome a new addition into the Sparks family and on behalf of the entire organization we congratulate both Candace and Shelden,” said Penny Toler, Los Angeles Sparks General Manager.

Parker will continue to work out in preparation to participate in the 2009 WNBA season.

Parker nearly averaged a double-double her rookie season (18.5 ppg, 9.5 rpg) and she led the WNBA in rebounds. She earned the 2008 WNBA Rookie of the Year award and the Most Valuable Player award marking the first time in the WNBA’s 12 seasons that a rookie has won MVP. Parker won back-to-back NCAA championships with the Lady Vols in 2007 and 2008. She led the team in scoring (20.6 ppg) and rebounding (8.8 rpg) her final season at Tennessee. Parker was named the 2007 and 2008 Collegiate Female John R. Wooden Player of the Year, State Farm Player of the Year, Basketball Writers Association National Player of the Year and Kodak All-American. She earned the NCAA Final Four MVP award in 2007 and 2008.

Robertmto
01-08-2009, 01:44 AM
im upset

Shade
01-08-2009, 01:45 AM
im upset

Because IU lost, and Danny Granger is awesome? :-p

Hicks
01-08-2009, 01:50 AM
I hope the kids gets his mom's genes if he/she wants to play ball.

Shade
01-08-2009, 02:16 AM
:lol:

Btw, who was it that kept arguing with me over whether or not Sheldon would be a good NBA player? I seriously don't remember.

Robertmto
01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I hope the kids gets his mom's genes if he/she wants to play ball.

i wish the kid would have got my genes

(or at least i got in Candaces)

rexnom
01-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Really dude? Candace Parker is making you ga-ga? I could think of 100 famous women at least that I would prefer over Candace.

BKK
01-08-2009, 04:36 PM
u know, sometimes someone has to sacrifice itself for the good of the community so.......

...... at least Shelden could hit THAT shot !!!

:zip: :duck: :dance:

Since86
01-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Really dude? Candace Parker is making you ga-ga? I could think of 100 famous women at least that I would prefer over Candace.

I don't think she's by any means drop dead gorgeous, but when you combine her pretty good looks with that body and athleticism, sign me up!

She and our offspring would be my retirement plan.

Anthem
01-08-2009, 05:01 PM
None of whom you have a chance with... :devil:

:burn:

idioteque
01-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Sheldon Williams got Candace Parker? Candace isn't the best by any means, but she's pretty attractive, and Sheldon Williams looks like a freak of nature.

CableKC
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
That kid better pray that he/she get his/her looks from Candace.....he/she doesn't want to inherit Sheldon's looks and his stadium-sized forehead. Seriously, his forehead is like a ripe melon.....it's HUUUGGEEEE.....like Sputnik.

rexnom
01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
None of whom you have a chance with... :devil:

:burn:
Haha. And I'd have a shot with Candace Parker? I'm just saying, if I'm having a fantasy shot at it, I'm not picking Candace.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Man, that kid could have so much potential if it wanted to play basketball. If only it wasn't Shelden Williams. Imagine Candace Parker and like, Dwayne Wade... oh man.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
:laugh: Courtesy of the RealGM General Board:

http://www.singaporesoxfan.com/images/gigantism.jpg

Anthem
01-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Haha. And I'd have a shot with Candace Parker? I'm just saying, if I'm having a fantasy shot at it, I'm not picking Candace.
I guess that's pretty logical.