PDA

View Full Version : We have to put up with Dick Vitale again

Unclebuck
06-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Dickie V is a part of ESPN's draft night coverage :mad: :mad: :mad:

In case you forget all he did last year was complain, scream and shout about the high school players and the foreign born players being taken before the college players. It was obnoxious last year and it will be worse this year.

Dick you need a new act.

I am dreading it already.

Young
06-23-2004, 10:37 PM
I actually enjoy DV. He speaks with huge enthusiasum for the game and even when he complained last year about college players not getting their due he still had good things to say about the HSers and the foreginers, baby.

Hicks
06-23-2004, 10:39 PM
He whines WAY too much about Foreigners.

Kstat
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM

Vitale is the most knowledgeble college basketball analyst there is. But when it comes to HS players of foriegn-born kids, he has no clue what hes talking about, and just rants. :unimpressed:

I GUARENTEE we're going to hear about Joe D taking Darko over Camello about 32857281 times tomorrow..... :rolleyes:

Natston
06-23-2004, 10:52 PM
THE DRAFT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME BABY!

Maybe I'll mute the tv while I watch...

Unclebuck
06-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Jay Bilas is by far the most knowledgeable college basketball analyst around, and if you don't believe me you'll see Thursday night.

Kstat, Dick Vitale was on NBATV's draft preview earlier this evening and he was already railing against Darko being taken over Mello, you would have been proud of Fred Carter of all people sticking up for the pistons by saying id they got mello they don't get Sheed and no way they win the championship. Prince is a better fit then Mello.

Young
06-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Jay Bilas is by far the most knowledgeable college basketball analyst around, and if you don't believe me you'll see Thursday night.

Kstat, Dick Vitale was on NBATV's draft preview earlier this evening and he was already railing against Darko being taken over Mello, you would have been proud of Fred Carter of all people sticking up for the pistons by saying id they got mello they don't get Sheed and no way they win the championship. Prince is a better fit then Mello.

Speaking of Fred Carer, the best NBA insider IMO, why the hell don't ESPN have him on more? And more chats?

Sorry, that's way off topic.

MagicRat
06-23-2004, 10:54 PM
The commercial with Agassi's kid was classic....

MagicRat
06-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Chandler and the 7 pick for Harrington...interesting....

MSA2CF
06-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Dick's name speaks for himself.

ChicagoJ
06-24-2004, 12:00 AM
All of Vitale's enthusiasm doesn't hide the fact that he's just a loud mouthed idiot.

I know UB and a few others remember the season in the early eighties where he was the Pacers' color analyst on TV. Not only did the Pacers suck, but we had to spend the entire time listening to him practice talking about diaper dandies during an NBA game.

:sleep:

Of course, the play-by-play guy that year was the guy from the Reds (Eddie Doucette?) and he didn't know jack :censor: about basketball, either.

:unimpressed:

Hoop
06-24-2004, 02:33 AM

Vitale is the most knowledgeble college basketball analyst there is. But when it comes to HS players of foriegn-born kids, he has no clue what hes talking about, and just rants. :unimpressed:

I GUARENTEE we're going to hear about Joe D taking Darko over Camello about 32857281 times tomorrow..... :rolleyes:

That'll be fun :devil:

kerosene
06-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Maybe Dick will cry about how kids should stay in school like Duhon did oops... I mean uh...

That kid lost his winning Powerball ticket didn't he? Of course, _some_ second round guys end up doing pretty well for themselves...