PDA

View Full Version : Dunleavy is Starting???

MillerTime
01-07-2009, 12:36 PM
What is wrong with JOB? Why is Dunleavy starting today? I hope JOB doesnt re-injure Dunleavy's knee by giving him a lot of mins. I would have prefered it if Dun came off the bench to play a few mins

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/matchups_090107.html

Hicks
01-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Author, Website please.

Also, as I've read in the Indy Star, he's limited to 20 minutes right now.

I would see something like him starting, playing 6 minutes, playing 4 minutes in the second, 4 minutes in the third, and then the last 6 minutes of the game.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Doesn't really matter if he starts. It matters how many minutes he plays. I think I read on here JOB plans on playing him 20 min. That sounds good to me and I'd rather see him with our starting unit for those 20 min instead of the bench. It'll help us understand how they fit better.

Is TJ playing? I'd love to see him and Dun together for the first time.

Hicks
01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
TJ didn't practice yesterday, so he's probably not playing.

Major Cold
01-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I hope Rush gets some PT tonight.

Anthem
01-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm hoping McBob gets some time tonight. Amare is going to tear our frontcourt up.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks Hicks. You beat me to the minutes too. :)

Alright, headline tomorrow: "Pacers feed off Dunleavy's return to scorch Suns"

count55
01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
What is wrong with JOB? Why is Dunleavy starting today? I hope JOB doesnt re-injure Dunleavy's knee by giving him a lot of mins. I would have prefered it if Dun came off the bench to play a few mins

Author, Website please.

Also, as I've read in the Indy Star, he's limited to 20 minutes right now.

I would see something like him starting, playing 6 minutes, playing 4 minutes in the second, 4 minutes in the third, and then the last 6 minutes of the game.

As Hicks notes, there's going to be a 20-minute limitation:

Mike Wells
Indianapolis Star
http://www.indystar.com/article/20090107/SPORTS04/901070379/1088/SPORTS04

Coach Jim O'Brien will limit Dunleavy to 20 minutes -- no more than six straight -- and might not start him tonight.

"We're going to have to see how his conditioning is because you can't really tell until you get out there," O'Brien said. "I'd certainly like to have him at the end of the game."

O'Brien adhered to a strict 20-minute limitation on JO at the end of last season, over JO's protestations, so there's no reason to believe that he won't do the same with Dunleavy.

It is frustrating when people make charges like these without bothering to get the full story.

Major Cold
01-07-2009, 12:48 PM
When Shaq is out we should just put Baston/McBob on him. We will see small ball tonight. Here is to having Jack, Diener, Dunleavy, Granger, and Murph on the floor.

MillerTime
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd perfer him coming off the benchto get like 15 mins at most and see how his knee reacts after the game. Practice and game situation is totally different

FireTheCoach
01-07-2009, 12:52 PM
good... I'm glad he's starting. It's not like he blew out an ACL. I'd give him 6mins in Q1 and let the trainers look him over, then take it from there. If this team has any real desire to be in the playoffs MJD needs to get up to full speed in a freakin hurry.

Justin Tyme
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm hoping McBob gets some time tonight. Amare is going to tear our frontcourt up.

He did earlier in the season with 40 plus points. Like you, I'd like to see McBob gets some good burn in this game. Hopefully, O'Brien allows it to happen.

xtacy
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
the more important things are how many minutes he plays and he doesn't push his limits.

31andonly
01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
OFF TOPIC:

I didn't want to start a new thread about this, but I was wondering whether there's no "Guess the Score"-thread for tonights' game!?

pacerDU
01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
I'd perfer him coming off the benchto get like 15 mins at most and see how his knee reacts after the game. Practice and game situation is totally different

He'd be starting so that he can come in straight after warm-up. That way the knee doesn't stiffen up. He'll still play limited minutes.

CableKC
01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Just because he starts doesn't mean that he'll play too many minutes. Besides, IF Marquis sits out today, then who would we start? BRush ahead of Dunleavy? The only other person I can think of would be Jack as the Starter at the SG spot with Ford starting in the PG spot.

The way I see it.....Dunleavy will start, play 15 minutes from the 1st to 3rd QTRs then finish the game in the last 5 minutes.

d_c
01-07-2009, 04:29 PM

He can start Dunleavy, then proceed to play him no more than 15 minutes. JOB probably wants to get him up to speed with the starting unit sooner rather than later.

Jose Slaughter
01-07-2009, 04:34 PM
He'd be starting so that he can come in straight after warm-up. That way the knee doesn't stiffen up. He'll still play limited minutes.

You beat me to the punch.

It doesn't make any sence to have him go thru warm-ups & then set on the bench for 15 minutes before he gets in. Might as well run on a knee thats warm then set & have it tighten up on him.

That said, I look for him to play the first 8 to 10 minutes of each half.

GO!!!!!
01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
OFF TOPIC:

I didn't want to start a new thread about this, but I was wondering whether there's no "Guess the Score"-thread for tonights' game!?

I'm hearing you, maybe ya should start a thread because i coulden't find it either...

CableKC
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
RoboDoug will start it soon.....same with the Game thread from BC.

andreialta
01-07-2009, 05:27 PM
all good signs to me.. :)

Naptown_Seth
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
What makes you say that, history or something?

And I agree with you. I'm still firmly in the "McBob should get 6-10 non-garbage minutes every game" stance. I just think it bumps the team and makes them play better.

I'll say it now, I can't effin believe that Dun is back. I pray that this isn't a Bender-tease thing. I'd rather him not return at all if that's the case.

I have been somewhat critical of Dun, but I've also been one of the few Dun critics that's been on the side that he could help the team a bit. I don't see him as a huge loss so far with Quis playing so well, but I'm still thrilled to have him back.

Fair cost, redundant position, all that crap doesn't matter at this point. We need players and we need wins. Good to have him back and I hope it somehow gets this team turned around at least a bit.

Anthem
01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I'll say it now, I can't effin believe that Dun is back. I pray that this isn't a Bender-tease thing. I'd rather him not return at all if that's the case.
I'm with you. I'm also hoping it's not a JO-tease thing.

Lord Helmet
01-07-2009, 06:35 PM
TJ didn't practice yesterday, so he's probably not playing.
Damnit. Will we ever have a healthy team on the floor? I mean I'm seriously starting to doubt it. It's been about 2 years or more.....

Lord Helmet
01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm with you. I'm also hoping it's not a JO-tease thing.
Anything but that....

:suicide:

El Pacero
01-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Guess they changed their mind . . . no Mike starting.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Thanks Hicks. You beat me to the minutes too. :)

Alright, headline tomorrow: "Pacers feed off Dunleavy's return to scorch Suns"

Uh, did I call it or did I call it? Beautiful inbound feed by Dun to scorch the Suns with Danny's three at the buzzer. Can't make this stuff up...

Hicks
01-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Yes, that pass was right on the money.

duke dynamite
01-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Uh, did I call it or did I call it? Beautiful inbound feed by Dun to scorch the Suns with Danny's three at the buzzer. Can't make this stuff up...

Yes, that pass was right on the money.
That's an assist, right?

I'm not sure if an inbounds pass counts as an assist.