PDA

View Full Version : Austin Croshere cut

Hicks
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Conrad Brunner
Pacers.com
http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700030138

Austin Croshere was waived today by the Bucks. The former Pacers first-round pick played 11 games with Milwaukee, averaging 7.0 minutes, 3.3 points and 2.2 rebounds. The Bucks were his third team in three seasons after spending the first nine of his career with the Pacers.

pristinecollector
01-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I hate to hear that. I always liked Austin.

Anthem
01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
I hate to hear that. I always liked Austin.
Despite how much a complained, I did too.

But I've never once regretted keeping McBob instead.

Spirit
01-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I'd rather have him than Baston.

Kstat
01-06-2009, 10:25 PM
would not surprise me to see Orlando, Detroit or Boston go after him.

Pacers#1Fan
01-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I agree. It's sad but I'm glad we stuck with McBob. Best of luck Austin whether it be on the court or in someone's front office.

Spirit
01-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't think Orlando would want him. They already have a similar player in Brian Cook

Pacers#1Fan
01-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't think Orlando would want him. They already have a similar player in Brian Cook

Croshere is better than Cook. Orlando will stand pat with Cook only because he's younger.

jeffg-body
01-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Maybe he'll finally figure it out that his playing days are close to being over and it is time for his coaching time to begin. I'd tend to believe that the Pacers would somehow either find a position on the coaching staff or create a new position just for him.

BRushWithDeath
01-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I'd rather have him than Baston.

I wouldn't. At all. And I don't think Baston should ever play.

Lord Helmet
01-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Yeah I think I'd rather have him than Baston.

Evan_The_Dude
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Wow. I'm just now finding out that he was with Milwaukee...

Infinite MAN_force
01-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Id rather have Baston, we have enough slow jumpshooting guys in the frontcourt already.

Spirit
01-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Croshere would atleast contribute when given the minutes. Baston is really mediocre when he plays, Cro could atleast hit the open three.

Anthem
01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Cro could atleast hit the open three.
Not well. .341 for his career isn't something to write home about when that's all you bring to the table.

Justin Tyme
01-07-2009, 10:45 AM
As soon as I saw this thread, I had to read it just to see who would want Cro as a Pacer again. It really doesn't matter b/c the Pacers sren't going to cut a guaranteed contract to sign him.

What are the odds Cro doesn't get picked up by a team?

As far as Baston, I've said this for over a year and I'll say it again "he'll be out of the NBA next year playing Euro ball. Another mistake by BC for signing him as a FA.

Major Cold
01-07-2009, 11:40 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?t=43679

DisplacedKnick
01-07-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't want him but he'd actually be a nice fit for us - jump shooter who's better in the open floor than in a half-court offense (though you hate to take away his devastating jab-step). He'd fit well with us coming off the bench.

But there's no point really.

FireTheCoach
01-07-2009, 12:29 PM
OMG....

I will NEVER understand what anyone likes in Austin Croshere. He was a mediocre player at best and down right sucked most nights.

His career stats - 6 ppg and 4 rpg ... I'll be the first to admit that stats dont always tell the whole story but but in ACs case, I think they pretty much do. His only redeeming factor as a legit NBA player is his overall size and his ability to be a MINOR threat (and only occasionally at that) from behind the 3pt line. Other than that, he's got no handles, slow feet, miserable offensive ability in the post for his size, prone to picking up offesive fouls, below average passing skills, poor decision making, less than desirable rebound skills for his size... I could go on but you get my point.

In nearly every facet of the game he is poor to mediocre..... why in the world would there even be a discussion as to whether he could help the Pacers....? I just dont get it, never have, never will.

I seem to recall one good game he had against Houston (I believe it was in '99) where it went double OT and he hit a couple big 3pts shots at the end of regulation to get it to the 1st OT.... and of course he had the 2 good games vs LA in the finals..... other than that I would REALLY like to hear about any other memorable Croshere moments cause my memory is usually pretty good and I cant recall any.

WTF is all I got to say....

Dr. Goldfoot
01-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Crosh had a number of pretty good games throughout his career. There were a couple of years where he managed some good months. He scored 17 for the Bucks earlier this year.

Hicks
01-07-2009, 02:24 PM
I always liked him as a role player.

ChicagoJ
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
He was one of those guys whose roll was really, "play smart in the fourth quarter".

When the pressure bothered everybody else and they played worse, Austin did not. He was never especially gifted by NBA standards, but he could make players with more "skillz" look bad at crunch time. That's how he got the big contract, and that's also how he underachieved after he got the big contract.

Jonathan
01-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Fred Jones was also cut by the Clippers.

Raoul Duke
01-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Fred Jones was also cut by the Clippers.

They re-signed him to a 10-day contract yesterday. Unless they cut him again and I didn't hear about it.

Jonathan
01-09-2009, 02:25 PM
They re-signed him to a 10-day contract yesterday. Unless they cut him again and I didn't hear about it.

Thanks for the update Raoul. I just read this past week that they cut him when Davis got back from his drug suspension. I was very shocked to hear Ricky Davis tested positive in the first place.

Major Cold
01-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the update Raoul. I just read this past week that they cut him when Davis got back from his drug suspension. I was very shocked to hear Ricky Davis tested positive for stupidity in the first place.

fixed