PDA

View Full Version : Add post defender = much improved record?

WInslow22
01-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey guys!!

Ya know, I haven't had the opportunity to watch the Pacers as closely as some of you. League Pass just wasn't in the budget this year. But gleaming from the games I have seen via the web, we at least seem like a fun team to watch most of the time (clutch losses and all). I'm not and X's and O's basketball viewer, but I personally get a much more positive feeling about this year's squad as opposed to last year's. If we could add a true post defender, don't you guys think our record would improve tremendously?????

Will Galen
01-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm not a big X and O guy either, but a post defender would sure help.

Shade
01-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I think a good post defender would have tremendously. I've been saying since the JO trade that our frontcourt was going to have glaring issues.

The question is, who could we acquire? Right now, we have decent trade bait in Quis and Rasho.

BillS
01-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I think a good post defender would have tremendously. I've been saying since the JO trade that our frontcourt was going to have glaring issues.

The question is, who could we acquire? Right now, we have decent trade bait in Quis and Rasho.

Do you trade your arguably best backcourt defender for a post defender? Isn't that robbing Peter to pay Paul?

I'd want to see what happens with Dun before I look at trading Quis this year.

count55
01-06-2009, 11:36 AM
This strikes me as too simplistic of an answer. We certainly could use it, but I'd be hesitant to call anything a magic bullet.

Shade
01-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Do you trade your arguably best backcourt defender for a post defender? Isn't that robbing Peter to pay Paul?

I'd want to see what happens with Dun before I look at trading Quis this year.

At some point we're going to need to even out the roster. Which means likely moving either Quis or Dun for a frontcourt player.