PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger All-Star voting

Pacers4Life
01-05-2009, 03:16 AM
Now don't go getting all excited, I don't have any voting numbers for ya. I just wanted to make it an official statement to make sure you all here at PD are doing your part to send him to Phoenix. I have voted for him at least 15 times, doesn't sound like much but they only allow 1 vote per day...so it's been a decent run.

He's the **** and we know it... :gopacers:
http://www.nba.com/allstar2009/asb/eng/daily.html?cid=
you do have to register but I mean come on, do you care or not? Boy deserves it BIG time

xtacy
01-05-2009, 08:38 AM
i've voted for him everyday since the beginning of the voting. this is how i vote

east

granger
james
harris
wade
howard

west

duncan
nowitzki
roy
paul
ming

i hope granger makes the team.

MillerTime
01-05-2009, 10:24 AM
this was posted so long ago

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 10:28 AM
this was posted so long ago
This actually wasn't. Yes, there are similar threads.

This is a reminder and a statement made by someone telling us how often they have voted.

aceace
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Granger will be a sub, how could he not? There are not 12 better players in the East.

Pacers4Life
01-05-2009, 10:57 AM

This is a reminder and a statement made by someone telling us how often they have voted.

Thank you ^.

I vote:
West- CP3, Kobe, Melo, Amare, Al Jefferson

East - Harris, Wade, DANNY GRANGER, Bron Bron, Dwight
1 out of 5 i go true blue n gold and add Dunleavy and Ford for fun

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 10:59 AM
lol

MillerTime
01-05-2009, 11:07 AM

One could have just bumped an older thread...but o well, I guess it has the same effect

Granger will be a sub, how could he not? There are not 12 better players in the East.
From what I remember, they pick 4 forwards and I think Bosh, KG, Lebron, Yi and Perice will make it before Granger does

travmil
01-05-2009, 11:23 AM
One could have just bumped an older thread...but o well, I guess it has the same effect

From what I remember, they pick 4 forwards and I think Bosh, KG, Lebron, Yi and Perice will make it before Granger does

Only the starters are set by the fan vote. The subs are voted on by the coaches, and coaches cannot vote for their own players.

MillerTime
01-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Only the starters are set by the fan vote. The subs are voted on by the coaches, and coaches cannot vote for their own players.

Thanks for that, I didnt know that. I guess the fans will vote for Lebron and KG http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/25/1225allstarreturns/index.html

Im guessing the coaches will still vote in Peirce and Bosh before Granger, but theres still a possibility

Major Cold
01-05-2009, 11:39 AM
You all should be voting for Marbury. And you call yourselves fans.

Raoul Duke
01-05-2009, 12:03 PM
You realize when you vote for Granger and any forward ahead of him or near him in the voting that you aren't helping right? Giving LBJ another vote is not helping Danny's cause. His only real shot is to be put on by coaches. He's not beating out LBJ and KG.

xtacy
01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
You realize when you vote for Granger and any forward ahead of him or near him in the voting that you aren't helping right? Giving LBJ another vote is not helping Danny's cause. His only real shot is to be put on by coaches. He's not beating out LBJ and KG.

yes of course i know. i'm just voting for players who deserve to make the team. i'm from turkey but not voting for hedo or memo because they simply don't belong to all-star judging from their performances this year.

i hope danny makes the team by coaches decision. he should be there this year.

one last thing if yi makes the team somehow i'm done watching all-star games.

trey
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
one last thing if yi makes the team somehow i'm done watching all-star games.

I totally agree man. The voting system really needs to be looked at if Yi makes it as a starter.

plutarch
01-05-2009, 01:13 PM
the only chance he has to make it to all star game is for the coaches to select him
it doesnt matter what we do (i voted for him 3 times) he is not winning it online
you know there are thousands of chinese guys voting for yi and yao everyday like its their religion

pristinecollector
01-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I voted over 200 times for Granger, Ford, and believe it or not Dunleavy. I did it as a part of the Pacers promotion to attend the autograph signing after the game if you submitted 100 votes per person (my son also did it).

RaptorsFan
01-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Promotions like this to get ppl to vote or lame, Bosh was lame for doing a youtube promo last year, and all in all, the allstar voting system is lame, let the players pick.

xtacy
01-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Bosh was lame for doing a youtube promo last year

i missed almost entire last season because i was in the army so i just heard that. how pathetic!

travmil
01-05-2009, 05:17 PM
A better voting situation would be to let the coaches pick all but one starter, and all but one sub. Then let the fans vote determine who fills out the roster.

BRushWithDeath
01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
It doesn't matter if you vote for him or not. He's not going to get more than Lebron or Garnett (or sadly Yi). His only shot is a coach's selection.

count55
01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
It would be nice for Danny to get the All-Star nod, but otherwise meaningless.

Now, if Danny could somehow manage to get on one of the three All-NBA teams this season or next, that would be a serious accomplishment (though unlikely).

Robertmto
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
You all should be voting for Marbury. And you call yourselves fans.

qfmtf

But on a different note, Yi will more than likely be voted in along with LBJ. Which means the coaches will more than likely take KG and Bosh

Jamison and Butler will bth not make it for the same reason Granger won't (and none of them truely deserve it) they are over performing on horrible teams

DrFife
01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
I forgot to mention in my New Year's report that Granger's production to date was 25th in overall value, further evidence that he indeed does deserve an invitation this year.