PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's Walk

MyFavMartin
01-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Was it traveling and the right call?

I think yes and if you check the espn.com video it shows a playoff move of his that didn't get called that I would call traveling as well.

I don't think Danny is the type to whine after the game on a call like that, especially after "watching it 10 times".

Still isn't much retribution for Wiz fans, but at least they have something to cheer about right now.

Shade
01-04-2009, 10:42 PM
It was a walk. And LeBron is the last person on the planet who should be complaining about traveling calls.

Peck
01-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Um.....

Am I lost here??? Is there context for this post? Did LaBron get calle for traveling today or something?

Shade
01-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Um.....

Am I lost here??? Is there context for this post? Did LaBron get calle for traveling today or something?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290104027

OrganizedConfusion
01-04-2009, 10:46 PM
To me that was not a travel, it was just the usual 2 steps and a lay-up.

But that playoff move was definitely a travel, he basically stopped and switched his pivot foot. I watched the game live and it still annoys me to this day.

Shade
01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
To me that was not a travel, it was just the usual 2 steps and a lay-up.

But that playoff move was definitely a travel, he basically stopped and switched his pivot foot. I watched the game live and it still annoys me to this day.

He took a step with his right foot, then a hop step, then another step with his right foot. Besides taking three steps, you cannot take another step after a hop step.

Hicks
01-04-2009, 11:00 PM
3 steps. Traveling.

Haggard
01-04-2009, 11:11 PM
definately travel. Dude took 3 steps.

Kuq_e_Zi91
01-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Doesn't matter what LeBron says about his "Crab dribble", he picks up the ball and then takes 3 steps.. travel.

Caron's quote says it all.

Dr. Awesome
01-04-2009, 11:16 PM
They call him "The King" for a reason. The refs are his servants.

This time, he came across the one ref in the NBA who didn't care about his autograph. Great call, he should hear the whistle blow against him far more often than he does.

xtacy
01-05-2009, 07:49 AM
it's a walk. whoever says the opposite doesn't know how to count.

the 1,1,2 2 steps comment was funny.

DGPR
01-05-2009, 08:21 AM
He basically admitted that he does it all the time so now it's going to be harder for the refs to ignore. Or David Stern could just change the rules.

King Tuts Tomb
01-05-2009, 09:07 AM
That was a travel, but it was right on the edge of not being a travel. If he delayed picking up the ball just a half second longer it would be legal.

His strides are so long, it doesn't look like he should be able to reach the rim from that far away with only two steps. I read a great story in some book about Oscar Robertson being called for a travel once and he walks over to the ref and says "that wasn't a travel, you've just never seen that move before."

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 09:11 AM
The Cavs lost a game = LeBron cries.

Man...

31andonly
01-05-2009, 09:30 AM
The Cavs lost a game = LeBron cries.

Man...

You took the words right out of my mouth...thank god a ref finally called it!

LeBron said he watched it ten times, I wonder what he has seen. He clearly takes 3 steps, no matter how he calls his move, it's a travel. Period.

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 09:43 AM
LeBron said he watched it ten times, I wonder what he has seen.
One of his commercials.

Los Angeles
01-05-2009, 10:00 AM
The no-call travel is the second worst "star player" officiating bias out there. (The first being the "anyone who even breaths the same air as this guy will get called for the and-one".)

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 10:06 AM
The no-call travel is the second worst "star player" officiating bias out there. (The first being the "anyone who even breaths the same air as this guy will get called for the and-one".)
A.K.A. The Nowitzki Foul.

OakMoses
01-05-2009, 10:18 AM

AKA Diener getting called for a foul when LeBron sat on his head last year.

Shade
01-05-2009, 10:44 AM
AKA Diener getting called for a foul when LeBron sat on his head last year.

I'm still reminded of when Tinsley faked Iverson into the air, then got called for an offensive foul. :rolleyes:

ABADays
01-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Lebron has gotten all the favorable calls since he came into the league. I can's stand the guy.

count55
01-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Lebron has gotten all the favorable calls since he came into the league. I can's stand the guy.

True or not, I would be thrilled to have him on the Pacers.

mildlysane
01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Travel, for sure. Both times. He is REAL good, but there is something about his personality that I cannot stand.

Major Cold
01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
True or not, I would be thrilled to have him on the Pacers.
I would rather have Stanko.

Dr. Awesome
01-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I would rather have Stanko.

Ageed, I'd seriously having a hard time rooting for a guy like LeBron. I don't like his attitude or the fact that the refs do everything he wants, and he still complains.

BillS
01-05-2009, 01:09 PM
I can't dislike LeBron at all, because the way he plays is unbelievably unselfish for one of the Media Anointed.

This may be a sign that some of it has finally started going to his head, but I hope not. It sounds more like he believes he has a "new move" that transcends the ref style. As I recall, the last "controversy" like this came from the palming enforcement.

pacergod2
01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
LeBron walks more than any other player in the league. DWade is the player who gets more fouls calls than any other player in the league. Manu Ginobili and Nowitzki get the most unwarranted foul calls of anybody in the league. Kobe is actually officiated very well IMO. I hate Kobe and I think the refs do too. Thats why they actually call him fairly.

The Spurs complain to the officials more than any team in the league. Yes even more than Detroit. Detroit actually probably gets shafted more than any other team in the league, thanks Rasheed.

Nobody will ever get calls like MJ did though. We had the Bulls beat in game 6 and the officials GAVE the bulls that series. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about it.

LeBron is a *****. I can't wait for him to sign his extension with Cleveland. Seeing Granger and him go at it for the next decade will be great. I love Caron Butler. Easily the most UNAPPRECIATED player in the NBA. Arenas who? A JOKE. Thats my rant.

Robertmto
01-05-2009, 05:07 PM
well now all they have to do is go back to the 07 playoffs when he hit 2 game winners on us while traveling and all will be right (for now)