PDA

View Full Version : Gun Shooting Ranges

Stryder
01-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Anyone know of any gun shooting ranges around Greenwood/Indianapolis?

Los Angeles
01-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Come out to Los Angeles, and I'll take you to LAX. Kinda cool when you can hear the jets nearly scrape the rooftop on their landing approach.

In Indy ... Doesn't Don's guns (yeah, the creepy guy from the TV commercials) have a range?

jeffg-body
01-04-2009, 01:53 AM
The only ones in the area that I have been to were Don's Guns and there is a small firing range in Greenfield which is pretty far from you.

Los Angeles
01-04-2009, 07:41 AM
try pming Scott h. He probably knows them all.

Erik
01-04-2009, 08:59 AM
POPGUNS on the Eastside of Indy (Post Rd. 1 blk south of Washington) is a good place to go. It's been a year since I've been, but Tuesday evenings used to be a good time to go.

Los Angeles
01-04-2009, 09:14 AM
By the way, if you're trying a new place out, make sure to scope it out for safety. Went to a place in LA and this group of young guys (early twenties I'm guessing) were holding thier nines way above their heads and sideways "gangsta style." They were hitting everything BUT the target and laughing about it. They were hitting the ceiling, the walls, the floor, other people's targets, you name it.

I gave it a few minutes for someone from the range to correct them (I'm NOT going to tell a pack of punk kids with loaded guns to f*** off before they kill someone) and nobody did anything.

I grabbed my stuff as fast as I could and got the hell out of there.

SAFETY FIRST.

:)

Raoul Duke
01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Well Don's Guns is where the Pacers used to go. No joke. Kravitz and Eddie interviewed him about it after the Plaxico fiasco.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2008/12/1/677124/pro-athletes-should-listen

Roaming Gnome
01-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I thought the Don's Guns in Greenwood closed a while back. His main store near Lafayette Sq. Mall is still open. I know that there is a decent gun range off of IN-67 near Heartland Crossing on the Southwest side of Indy. I forget the name of the place.

indygeezer
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
How about the Outdoorsman on SR 135 below Smith Valley Rd, across from Target. I know they have Archery range and THINK they may have a gun range.

LA....WHAT THE HELL was the range master doing that whole time? That is his range they are shooting up and his insurance they are risking with their antics.

Pop Guns is good but not in G-wood.

Out of doors at Atterbury?

Los Angeles
01-05-2009, 12:55 AM
LA....WHAT THE HELL was the range master doing that whole time? That is his range they are shooting up and his insurance they are risking with their antics.

Beats the hell out of me - I couldn't even see anyone on duty - these kids just showed up and started raising hell. I'm looking around thinking "where the hell are the people that work here?"

The funny thing is I remember all the attitude coming from the counter guy when I came in with a box of my own ammunition instead of buying it there. I don't care about paying an additional fee when I bring my own, just don't act like I'm stealing from your grandmother. Either it's allowed or it isn't and it was allowed. I didn't complain or anything about the fee, so why the attitude?

I get myself situated and then the kids came in 15-20 minutes later. - I gave them a couple of minutes (I couldn't concentrate to shoot), packed up and I've never been back.

Something tells me one of the kids was a relative or something. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

indygeezer
01-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Beats the hell out of me - I couldn't even see anyone on duty - these kids just showed up and started raising hell. I'm looking around thinking "where the hell are the people that work here?"

The funny thing is I remember all the attitude coming from the counter guy when I came in with a box of my own ammunition instead of buying it there. I don't care about paying an additional fee when I bring my own, just don't act like I'm stealing from your grandmother. Either it's allowed or it isn't and it was allowed. I didn't complain or anything about the fee, so why the attitude?

I get myself situated and then the kids came in 15-20 minutes later. - I gave them a couple of minutes (I couldn't concentrate to shoot), packed up and I've never been back.

Something tells me one of the kids was a relative or something. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

Now that beats anything I've ever heard of. I'm completely speechless...even if it was family and the place was closed you can't allow that.

I've not checked, I wonder if they will allow my .410 shotshell handgun on a pistol range?

Totally unrelated. A side benefit to having two cars broken into in our driveway...Mrs G is now thinking maybe we look at a security system in the near future. (FINALLY).