PDA

View Full Version : Thank You PD

pianoman
01-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Over the last few months, I have had a difficult life. It started October 2nd when my father lost his fight with cancer. My father had battled stage 4 terminal cancer for 4 years. He went to the MD Anderson Cancer center in Houston, TX. He worked 25 years at marsh, most of the time being manager. As manager, he would get tickets to pacers games through promotions and such. I was fortunate enough to attend some games with him before he passed. We landed front court tickets against the Jazz, and many times going to the Marsh suite.

For the last few years, I would go to the cancer center and spend hours by myself in the waiting rooms. During those times, I would have my laptop with me to surf the internet. I was on PD very often. It seemed to be an escape for me. The pd community has given me a place to root for my team. The past few years haven't been ones of luck for the pacers, and it has been extremely hard to find other fans here in Muncie.(even though last month at applebees, my waiter noticed my pacers shirt, and told me he was a big fan, which put a smile on my face)

Enough of my rambling, I just wanted to thank the PD community for all the entertainment. This has to be the best:censored: site on the web.
:dance:GO PACERS:dance:

Roaming Gnome
01-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Glad the site can be here for you or anyone in a time of need.

Hicks
01-04-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm happy it was able to give you something like that, pianoman.

duke dynamite
01-04-2009, 01:11 AM
You're welcome, Pianoman. I wish you the best this year, and glad you turn to us to brighten your days.

MillerTime
01-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Hey pianoman,

Im sorry to hear about your lose, but glad to hear that you have some sort of temporary escape from it (PD). I kind of know what you mean though, it is good to get your mind off stuff and PD does definately help

Major Cold
01-04-2009, 07:35 AM
You have my condolences. Continue to think of PD as a refuge.

Alabama-Redneck
01-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Pianoman, you have only touched the tip of the iceberg. The PD family is one of the most caring groups you will ever be associated with.

In June, 2005, my wife of 33 years passed away very unexpectedly. Even though I had been posting on PD for awhile, I had never met anyone personally. Although we lived in Alabama, we were from Indiana and that is where the funeral was held.

The PD family sent flowers as well as coming to the viewing and funeral. The out pouring of sympathy was overwhelming.

I did attend a Pacer Party once and had the honor of meeting alot of these wonderful people. It is with great pride that I can say "I am a member of the Pacers Digest Family".

:cool:

xtacy
01-04-2009, 08:27 AM
sorry to hear about your father. i hope everything goes well for you beginning this year.

Los Angeles
01-04-2009, 08:44 AM
My deepest sympathies, pianoman.

Gyron
01-04-2009, 10:02 AM
My Deepest Sympathies Pianoman.

I understand what you say about the refuge. This place has been my efuge for quite sometime since it was created. I am so glad I found it, and glad its the community f caring people it really is.

ABADays
01-04-2009, 11:08 AM
My sincerest condolences about your father pianoman. I have posted often on here about what it meant to have PD while I was in Iraq.

Naptown_Seth
01-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Over the last few months, I have had a difficult life. It started October 2nd when my father lost his fight with cancer. My father had battled stage 4 terminal cancer for 4 years. He went to the MD Anderson Cancer center in Houston, TX. He worked 25 years at marsh, most of the time being manager. As manager, he would get tickets to pacers games through promotions and such. I was fortunate enough to attend some games with him before he passed. We landed front court tickets against the Jazz, and many times going to the Marsh suite.

For the last few years, I would go to the cancer center and spend hours by myself in the waiting rooms. During those times, I would have my laptop with me to surf the internet. I was on PD very often. It seemed to be an escape for me. The pd community has given me a place to root for my team. The past few years haven't been ones of luck for the pacers, and it has been extremely hard to find other fans here in Muncie.(even though last month at applebees, my waiter noticed my pacers shirt, and told me he was a big fan, which put a smile on my face)

Enough of my rambling, I just wanted to thank the PD community for all the entertainment. This has to be the best:censored: site on the web.
:dance:GO PACERS:dance:
My mother in law just passed away 2 weeks ago even though she was apparently winning her battle with stage 4 lung cancer. It's really tough, I know (I lost my dad 5 years ago too).

I have been hitting PD plenty the last few weeks if for no other reason than to escape some of that stuff for just a bit. It's a great relief to just discuss something as frivolous and fun as the Pacers.

People dismiss sports and entertainment as non-essential distractions, but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a non-essential distraction. The reason we have things like Pacers ball is specifically because regular life is such a kick to the groin so often.

speakout4
01-04-2009, 02:03 PM
People dismiss sports and entertainment as non-essential distractions, but I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a non-essential distraction. The reason we have things like Pacers ball is specifically because regular life is such a kick to the groin so often.
Amen.

DrFife
01-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Sorry, too, for your loss, Pianoman, and glad that PD is providing you (and many of us) comfort.

I have been wondering how PD activities might be woven with other "threads" from our "real" lives. Not just support groups (for terminal illnesses, marital struggles, etc.), but perhaps networking (job hunting, interest groups, etc.) as well. At a minimum, I do hope to attend the next forum party....

pianoman
01-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I too plan on attending the next forum party

Raskolnikov
01-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Sorry for your loss man, that's gotta be extremely difficult. Wish you a lot of strength.