PDA

View Full Version : Pacers vs Kings Postgame

pianoman
01-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Didn't see one posted. Decent game, shouldn't have been close, but Martin was great for them. Good to see Danny to finish good!

Coop
01-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Someone mentioned this in the game thread, but a Martin-Granger wing combo would be deadly. I'd love to see them both on the next Olympic team.

Justin Tyme
01-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I love listening to Slick. "There is absolutely no reason for Marten's man to not guard him on the perimeter!"

Chris... "The reason these 2 teams have the records they do is they play no defense."

Oh well, the Pacers have won 2 games against teams they should have, and have a 2 game win streak going. Thank you LORD!

Jonathan
01-03-2009, 08:52 PM
I did not get to watch the game but followed it via yahoo.com I really am happy we have started the year with a two game win streak.

Anthem
01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Someone mentioned this in the game thread, but a Martin-Granger wing combo would be deadly. I'd love to see them both on the next Olympic team.
That was me.

I've been wishing for a Martin/Granger combo since the Artest/Peja trade.

Anthem
01-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Bah. Lost my comment.

Anyway, I liked the way McBob played tonight. I'm not retyping that whole thing.

Justin Tyme
01-03-2009, 10:04 PM
That was me.

I've been wishing for a Martin/Granger combo since the Artest/Peja trade.

You do have great fantasies!

I can't even fathom having that type of a set of wings.

Anthem
01-03-2009, 10:07 PM
You do have great fantasies!

I can't even fathom having that type of a set of wings.
Almost happened.

Freaking Artest.

NuffSaid
01-03-2009, 10:15 PM
It was a good game. Great offense, but don't think the defensive effort wasn't there. Both sides tried hard to get stops, but both sides made some very difficult shots throughout the game. There were a few I saw where I though, "How in the world did that go in?"

Regardless, 2-game win streak for my boyz before going on a tough 5-game West Coast road trip: Nuggest, Suns, Lakers, Warriors and Jazz - OUCH!!!!

I hate to say it, but at least they'll leave their home court feeling good about things. This WC trip's going to be murder! :(

VF21
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Almost happened.

Freaking Artest.

Nope. It was NEVER even under consideration. Geoff Petrie picked Martin for a reason; he knew what he was capable of and, as a matter of fact, is firmly convinced Martin has another level or two he can reach...

Kevin Martin was not on the table; he wasn't even in the discussions. If his name was brought up, it was only by teams hoping/wishing they'd catch Petrie off-guard. It wasn't going to happen.

If you look at our subsequent draft picks, you'll notice they all have similarities in playing style. That's not an accident. We're not anywhere close to there yet, but Martin is a key piece of the foundation Petrie is building on...

I repeat again... Kevin Martin was NEVER going to be part of a deal for anyone other than a total superstud. (And I only make that concession because of the people who would say he would have been traded for LeBron or Dwight Howard, etc.)

Peace...

Anthem
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Nope. It was NEVER even under consideration. Geoff Petrie picked Martin for a reason; he knew what he was capable of and, as a matter of fact, is firmly convinced Martin has another level or two he can reach...

Kevin Martin was not on the table; he wasn't even in the discussions. If his name was brought up, it was only by teams hoping/wishing they'd catch Petrie off-guard. It wasn't going to happen.

If you look at our subsequent draft picks, you'll notice they all have similarities in playing style. That's not an accident. We're not anywhere close to there yet, but Martin is a key piece of the foundation Petrie is building on...

I repeat again... Kevin Martin was NEVER going to be part of a deal for anyone other than a total superstud. (And I only make that concession because of the people who would say he would have been traded for LeBron or Dwight Howard, etc.)

Peace...
:D Hey, let me live in my dream world! It's nice here!

VF21
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
:D Hey, let me live in my dream world! It's nice here!

Oh, okay.

:o Sorry...

Is your dream world anything like my dream world, where the Kings didn't trade Webber, didn't fire Adelman and hire Eric Musselman, and (of course) didn't make the Peja-Artest experiment?

If so, I am truly sorry for trying to inject reality into the situation. I know how comforting a dream world can be.

Happy 2009!

SoupIsGood
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
I've been wishing for something like that ever since we didn't get to draft Martin (he was ALMOST there... it was so obvious the guy was going to be good).