PDA

View Full Version : NBA teams by average age of the players

BlueNGold
01-02-2009, 11:38 PM
While we are rebuilding, I was surprised to find that we are older than the average team in the NBA. I suppose that's partly because we have been drafting seasoned players out of college. Anyway, here is the list from youngest to oldest:

Title: Who's old and who's not in the NBA.
Source: www.emptythebench.com (http://www.emptythebench.com)
http://www.emptythebench.com/2008/12/10/whos-old-and-whos-not-in-the-nba/

1. Golden State Warriors (23.8)
2. Portland Trail Blazers (24)
3. Memphis Grizzlies (24.4)
4. Oklahoma City Thunder (24.7)
5. Charlotte Bobcats (24.7)
6. Atlanta Hawks (25)
7. New Jersey Nets (25.4)
8. Utah Jazz (25.6)
9. Miami Heat (25.8)
10. Chicago Bulls (26)
11. Los Angeles Clippers (26.1)
12. Toronto Raptors (26.2)
13. Detroit Pistons (26.3)
14. Los Angeles Lakers (26.4)
15. Sacramento Kings (26.5)
16. Washington Wizards (26.6)
17. Minnesota Timberwolves (26.6)
18. Indiana Pacers (26.6)
19. Boston Celtics (26.7)
20. Philadelphia 76ers (26.8)
21. Cleveland Cavaliers (26.9)
22. Denver Nuggets (27)
23. New York Knicks (27.4)
24. Milwaukee Bucks (27.6)
25. Phoenix Suns (27.6)
26. Orlando Magic (27.7)
27. Houston Rockets (27.7)
28. Dallas Mavericks (27.8)
29. New Orleans Hornets (28.7)
30. San Antonio Spurs (29.4)

Kstat
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
wow, we got young in a hurry...

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Once Rasho and Baston are gone next season, we'll be even younger

Dr. Awesome
01-02-2009, 11:46 PM
wow, we got young in a hurry...

So I'm wondering how you and other non Pacer fans found this site? I love getting a non Pacer fans perspective, but I'm just confused as to why ya'll would post a lot here as oppose to a Pistons forum or something?

Is this a mini forum of a bigger site or something that I am not aware of? I'm new here, so I don't know the deal.

Kstat
01-02-2009, 11:50 PM
So I'm wondering how you and other non Pacer fans found this site?

...because I was part of the group that was here from day one.

I love getting a non Pacer fans perspective, but I'm just confused as to why ya'll would post a lot here as oppose to a Pistons forum or something?

...I have more than one forum?

Dr. Awesome
01-02-2009, 11:53 PM
...because I was around when it was started?

Ha, I realize that. I wasn't saying it as a jab, I'm new here so I was asking is this part of a website or something that I am not aware of? I like non Pacer fans perspectives, as I said, but I couldn't see myself signing up and being a full time member of a Pistons forum, unless it was apart of a bigger website, where they had a Pacers forum too. See what I'm saying?

I say a Kings fan over here earlier also, thats why I'm asking.

Kstat
01-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Ha, I realize that. I wasn't saying it as a jab, I'm new here so I was asking is this part of a website or something that I am not aware of? I like non Pacer fans perspectives, as I said, but I couldn't see myself signing up and being a full time member of a Pistons forum, unless it was apart of a bigger website, where they had a Pacers forum too. See what I'm saying?

I say a Kings fan over here earlier also, thats why I'm asking.

I never took it as a jab.

I enjoy the company here. It's nice to hang out with people that share different perspectives every now and then.

My post count is a little inflated because it includes posts from when I joined this group back in 2003, the indystar days.

Dr. Awesome
01-02-2009, 11:55 PM
I never took it as a jab.

I enjoy the company here. It's nice to hang out with people that share different perspectives every now and then.

Gotcha, I just wasn't sure if it was a sub forum of some kind. Well thats cool, I love going onto other teams forums and talking too.

MillerTime
01-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Ill tell you one thing about this site...some of the posters on this site are very informed about the NBA. What I mean by that is, people on this site are known for being very knowledgable.

I found this site from another forum that spoke very highly about this site, and actually said that this site was a little too in-depth for them. Some posters such as count55, for example, have much more knowledge than poster that you would read on other sites

(Sorry about that Count, I was only giving you praise and giving respect here due)

Raoul Duke
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM
So I'm wondering how you and other non Pacer fans found this site? I love getting a non Pacer fans perspective, but I'm just confused as to why ya'll would post a lot here as oppose to a Pistons forum or something?

Is this a mini forum of a bigger site or something that I am not aware of? I'm new here, so I don't know the deal.

He likes the attention he gets here for being different. I'm about to be crucified for pointing that out.