PDA

View Full Version : Shaq to Dallas for Dirk and Nash?

Shade
06-23-2004, 06:47 PM
My dad apparently just heard this on CNN News.

If I'm the Lakers, I take that and run like hell.

Will Galen
06-23-2004, 06:53 PM
My dad apparently just heard this on CNN News.

If I'm the Lakers, I take that and run like hell.

I read that earlier. I'm not sure but I think that was in an LA paper. They were also endorsing JO to LA.

Rumor aside I think Shaq will end up with Dallas. Cubes wents him bad.

Aw Heck
06-23-2004, 07:11 PM
I just saw that on CNN as well. Isn't Nash a FA?

Also, why would they give up their very good and only PG (don't think Delk counts, Best is a FA) for Shaq? I'd understand Dirk/Walker or Dirk/Jamison, even Dirk/Finley... but Dirk/Nash?

:rolleyes:

MSA2CF
06-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Mark is Mark.

Shade
06-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Who would start for the Lakers? Payton or Nash?

Aw Heck
06-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Who would start for the Lakers? Payton or Nash?

Hmm...maybe Payton's included in the deal. That's the only reason I can think of why Nash would be traded.

Come to think of it, Payton would probably fit in the Mavs' "offense and no defense system". :laugh:

TheSauceMaster
06-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Actually this was Reported in the Dallas Paper ;)

Natston
06-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Cuban would probally trade 2 players in their prime for a declining player (and a has-been if Payton is included)...

A-Train
06-23-2004, 07:51 PM
This trade would keep LA in the title hunt, imo.

Kobe, Dirk and Nash would be one heckuva nucleus. It would be Kobe's team, once and for all, and both Dirk and Kobe would benefit from Nash's leadership at PG.

Not sure where Payton ends up in this scenario, though. Perhaps he gets moved in another trade designed to bring in some more back up guys, but he's not gonna be happy backing up Nash, that's for sure.

Shade
06-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Didn't Cuban complain a lot about Shaq and how he's officiated? If so, I wonder if his stance on that will change?

Shade
06-23-2004, 07:53 PM
This trade would keep LA in the title hunt, imo.

Kobe, Dirk and Nash would be one heckuva nucleus. It would be Kobe's team, once and for all, and both Dirk and Kobe would benefit from Nash's leadership at PG.

Not sure where Payton ends up in this scenario, though. Perhaps he gets moved in another trade designed to bring in some more back up guys, but he's not gonna be happy backing up Nash, that's for sure.

Yeah. I MIGHT not even hate that team. :o

But we'll see. ;)

Unclebuck
06-23-2004, 10:08 PM
You thought the Lakers defense was terrible in the Finals, add Nash and Dirk and their defnese will be the worst in the history of basketball

Pacer4fun
06-23-2004, 10:20 PM
If Nash goes, than the 5th pick could go for Gordon or one of the top 2 point guards. If they don't get Shaq, they can pick up the big 7-5 center. Works either way for them. They also could trade stackhouse for a point.