PDA

View Full Version : Could We Go After Gooden?

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Three NBA executives say that the Golden State Warriors are pushing Corey Maggette hard in trade talks. Other players that executives say are available include Philadelphia 76ers center Sam Dalembert, Charlotte Bobcats guard Raymond Felton and forward Adam Morrison, Chicago Bulls forward Drew Gooden and guard Larry Hughes and Sacramento Kings center Brad Miller
Author: Adrian Wojnarowski

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkKeafjlAG9excNRKtQLtXS8vLYF?slug=aw-jennings123108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Could we make a move for Gooden? He has 1 year remaining on this contract worth $7,151,183 (this season). Hes a good expirer.

I would love it if we could get a sign and trade for him

Hicks
01-02-2009, 01:15 PM
The Corey Maggette/Golden State situation is just pathetic.

Hicks
01-02-2009, 01:15 PM
As for Gooden, actually, I wouldn't be shocked if Bird tried to get him.

CableKC
01-02-2009, 01:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkKeafjlAG9excNRKtQLtXS8vLYF?slug=aw-jennings123108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Could we make a move for Gooden? He has 1 year remaining on this contract worth $7,151,183 (this season). Hes a good expirer.

I would love it if we could get a sign and trade for him
Let's ask the obvious questions first. What do we have that the Bulls would want for a valuable and productive Trading Asset like Gooden?

The only trading assets that we have are Expiring contracts which Drew himself is....so trading an Expiring Contract for another one isn't going to work. On top of that, the Bulls NEED a Low-Post scoring PF....which Drew is the closest thing they have to one.....which unfortunately is something that we do not have.

Trading for him before the 2008 Trade Deadline doesn't seem to be an option.

Doing a S&T in the 2009 Offseason could be an option, but again...the same question comes into play....what do we have that the Bulls would want in a S&T?

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Let's ask the obvious questions first. What do we have that the Bulls would want for a valuable and productive Trading Asset like Gooden?

The only trading assets that we have are Expiring contracts which Drew himself is....so trading an Expiring Contract for another one isn't going to work. On top of that, the Bulls NEED a Low-Post scoring PF....which Drew is the closest thing they have to one.

if thats the case, why would Bulls be willing to get rid of him? Maybe there could be a player added to the deal and we could send over expirers

CableKC
01-02-2009, 02:06 PM
if thats the case, why would Bulls be willing to get rid of him? Maybe there could be a player added to the deal and we could send over expirers
To get value for him as an Expiring Contract. If they move him, wouldn't they want a Player in return that makes sense for them ( as in an equal if not as competent Low-Post PF...which is something that we do not have )?

But let's go with your thought there, since they do appear willing to move him, what do we have that we would be willing to include in any trade that the Bulls would be interested in?

duke dynamite
01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd be interested in him.

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 02:39 PM
To get value for him as an Expiring Contract. If they move him, wouldn't they want a Player in return that makes sense for them ( as in an equal if not as competent Low-Post PF...which is something that we do not have )?

But let's go with your thought there, since they do appear willing to move him, what do we have that we would be willing to include in any trade that the Bulls would be interested in?

I probably wouldnt include a first rounder because the way things are going, we're looking at a good pick in the '09 Draft, but we have 3 2nd rouders next in that draft and the JO trade exception we could use (we cant offer it but we sure could use it)

Hicks
01-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Remind me about where these 2nd rounders are from. Did we get two of them for Shawne Williams? What draft year do they belong to?

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Remind me about where these 2nd rounders are from. Did we get two of them for Shawne Williams? What draft year do they belong to?

From what I remember, they are from the Shawne Williams deal, and I believe they belong to the 09 draft

EDIT: Everywhere I read it says, "for future draft picks"

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 02:55 PM

The only trading assets that we have are Expiring contracts which Drew himself is....so trading an Expiring Contract for another one isn't going to work. On top of that, the Bulls NEED a Low-Post scoring PF....which Drew is the closest thing they have to one.....which unfortunately is something that we do not have.

Trading for him before the 2008 Trade Deadline doesn't seem to be an option.

Doing a S&T in the 2009 Offseason could be an option, but again...the same question comes into play....what do we have that the Bulls would want in a S&T?

I put a trade in the trade proposal thread http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=826966#post826966

WetBob
01-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I put a trade in the trade proposal thread http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=826966#post826966

I wonder if Dunleavy is even an option to be traded. Could he pass a physical? His injury situation seems so odd, I don't know if any trade involving him is even feasible.

duke dynamite
01-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I wonder if Dunleavy is even an option to be traded. Could he pass a physical? His injury situation seems so odd, I don't know if any trade involving him is even feasible.
No way we trade Dun for Gooden.

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 03:44 PM
No way we trade Dun for Gooden.

why not? Do you think Dunleavy's value is higher than Goodens?

duke dynamite
01-02-2009, 03:45 PM
why not? Do you think Dunleavy's value is higher than Goodens?
A lot higher.

31andonly
01-02-2009, 03:46 PM
OT: Can someone explain to me the whole Maggette - Warriors situation? Why did they sign him over the summer for 5 or 6 years when they try to trade him again after only 3 months into the season???

What did they expect him to be?

duke dynamite
01-02-2009, 03:49 PM

This is really the only thing we know.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20081011/news_1s11digest.html

Williams has been traded by the Indiana Pacers to Dallas for 14-year veteran Eddie Jones, two future draft picks and cash.

duke dynamite
01-02-2009, 03:51 PM
OT: Can someone explain to me the whole Maggette - Warriors situation? Why did they sign him over the summer for 5 or 6 years when they try to trade him again after only 3 months into the season???

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/al_harrington-arton20990-240x240.jpg

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 04:00 PM
A lot higher.

I'd have to disagree with you there. I dont think his value is too far from Gooden's (if not equal). I think some people on this board over value Dunleavy's value.

Especially considering the way that Granger and Quis are playing, Dunleavy could be expendable

BRushWithDeath
01-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I'd have to disagree with you there. I dont think his value is too far from Gooden's (if not equal). I think some people on this board over value Dunleavy's value.

Especially considering the way that Granger and Quis are playing, Dunleavy could be expendable

Gooden's value is less than Murphy's. And Dunleavy's is much higher than either.

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Gooden's value is less than Murphy's. And Dunleavy's is much higher than either.

Whos value do you think is higher? Gooden or Hedo's?

WetBob
01-02-2009, 04:10 PM

I agree with this, if Dun shows he even has the capability to ever play again.

duke dynamite
Hedo. He is a vital part to a good team.

WetBob

Hedo's by a long, long, looooooonnnnnng shot.

Especially on this team, Hedo is the absolute perfect fit for this system.

duke dynamite
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM

When Mike is healthy, don't be surprised that Quis is the expendable one.

WetBob
01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
When Mike is healthy, don't be surprised that Quis is the expendable one.

If Mike is ever healthy, Quis absolutely should be the expendable one. Dun is a better all around player, but the way Quis has been playing and with the uncertainty surrounding Dun's health, its hard to say.

duke dynamite
01-02-2009, 04:32 PM
If Mike is ever healthy, Quis absolutely should be the expendable one. Dun is a better all around player, but the way Quis has been playing and with the uncertainty surrounding Dun's health, its hard to say.
I like our chances.

CableKC
01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I doubt that the Kings would take on both Tinsley and Dunleavy when the Player that they would be interested in ( at least according to a Bulls Blog ) acquiring would be Gooden himself. Even if there is no validity to this Bulls Blog, I still doubt that any team would take on BOTH Tinsley and Dunleavy.

CableKC
01-02-2009, 05:04 PM

The Warriors FO is a mess right now with Rowell, Mullin and Nellie. It's becoming obvious that the Maggette signing was more of a "Screw you, Donald Sterling for taking Baron" move then anything. At the very least, attempting and making FTs was a weak spot for the Warriors...and Maggette is pretty good at getting to the FT line.....thr problem is that he's a blackhole on the offensive end and can't really hit the 3pt shot very well. If anything, it's a more ill-conceived signing that wasn't very well thought out.

d_c
01-02-2009, 05:10 PM
The Warriors FO is a mess right now with Rowell, Mullin and Nellie. It's becoming obvious that the Maggette signing was more of a "Screw you, Donald Sterling for taking Baron" move then anything. At the very least, attempting and making FTs was a weak spot for the Warriors...and Maggette is pretty good at getting to the FT line.....thr problem is that he's a blackhole on the offensive end and can't really hit the 3pt shot very well. If anything, it's a more ill-conceived signing that wasn't very well thought out.

The Maggette signing was just a poor attempt at saving face after losing Baron. It was a terrible signing before the ink even dried. They (Robert Rowell anyways) tried lowballing Baron with a 2 year extension instead of the 3 year extension (worked out by Mullin), so Baron said screw you and opted out to the Clips.

So they lost Baron after lowballing him and then wound up trying to save face by overpaying for Maggette. LOL. Not even the dumbest fans on most message boards would have done that.

The only positive out of this is that maybe it'll teach that clueless idiot Robert Rowell to stay out of basketball decisions, though I kind of doubt it.

BRushWithDeath
01-02-2009, 05:57 PM

Hedo's value is off the charts compared to Gooden.

naptownmenace
01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd trade Rasho for Gooden straight up. That's not a huge upgrade but he is an upgrade.

Justin Tyme
01-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I'd trade Rasho for Gooden straight up. That's not a huge upgrade but he is an upgrade.

It's an upgrade based solely on the fact Gooden is a PF.

Spirit
01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I'd trade Rasho for him.

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 06:59 PM
I'd trade Rasho for him.

They probably wont want to trade Gooden for Rasho. Gooden is an expirer and so is Rasho, theres really no point of CHI doing this trade. The only way we could do this trade is for another team (like SAC for Miller) to be involved

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Ok...Ive made a change to the trade I proposed in the trade proposal thread. Instead of sending Dunleavy, we send Quis instead (of course this cant happen until Dunleavy is back and healthy)

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showthread.php?p=827061#post827061

vnzla81
01-02-2009, 07:48 PM
the only way the Bulls do this is if the get a draft pick, the pacers have 3 second round draft picks I think one is their own(pacers), one is from the mavericks and the other one is from the mavericks via new york nets(Jason kid trade) I would do this trade, he could be a good adition to this team, plus he still a young player

count55
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
the only way the Bulls do this is if the get a draft pick, the pacers have 3 second round draft picks I think one is their own(pacers), one is from the mavericks and the other one is from the mavericks via new york nets(Jason kid trade) I would do this trade, he could be a good adition to this team, plus he still a young player

The Pacers own 2nd rounder in the 2009 draft is going to Miami to complete the Stanko trade.

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 08:09 PM
The Pacers own 2nd rounder in the 2009 draft is going to Miami to complete the Stanko trade.

They still have 2 from Dallas

esabyrn333
01-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I personally would be more interested in Brad Miller than Drew Gooden.

I would like to se Roy & McRoberts get consistant minutes to help them develop and see what we got.

I would really like to see Foster moved I think the extension we signed him too was a mistake with what I have seen from Mcbob this year.

MyFavMartin
01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
They probably wont want to trade Gooden for Rasho. Gooden is an expirer and so is Rasho, theres really no point of CHI doing this trade. The only way we could do this trade is for another team (like SAC for Miller) to be involved

Chicago needs a Center and this trade would make both teams better. Chicago has a glut of PFs with Tyrus Thomas and Sheed Wannabe. But since it'd be within the division, I don't think it will happen.

Other PFs that we could target in the off season include Milsap or potentially a trade for AK47, but I think Utah will retain both and Boozer will sign with Miami. Will be interesting to see if Okur opts out. Sticking with the Utah roster, I think Morris Almond might be a FA as well.

MillerTime
01-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Chicago needs a Center and this trade would make both teams better. Chicago has a glut of PFs with Tyrus Thomas and Sheed Wannabe. But since it'd be within the division, I don't think it will happen.

Other PFs that we could target in the off season include Milsap or potentially a trade for AK47, but I think Utah will retain both and Boozer will sign with Miami. Will be interesting to see if Okur opts out. Sticking with the Utah roster, I think Morris Almond might be a FA as well.

With the size of AK47's contract, Im sure Bird wont be interested in his HUGE contract

dlewyus
01-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Chicago and Indiana both are in need of a low post scorer. Chicago has Gooden now. If he's not the answer for them, how could he possibly be the answer for Indiana. Be patient and wait for the right player.