PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in...

pianoman
01-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Samuel dalembert? Can he play pf? he is listed as a Center on nba.com. Can somebody give me some input about him and his game? Would he fit in the system?

BRushWithDeath
01-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Samuel dalembert? Can he play pf? he is listed as a Center on nba.com. Can somebody give me some input about him and his game? Would he fit in the system?

No. No. Yes. No.

As for the yes... here's his game: blocks shots. Nothing else. Horrible offensively. Not a very good rebounder. That's it. He's basically a non rebounding version of Ben Wallace.

Quis
01-01-2009, 09:59 PM
He's actually a pretty good rebounder.

I'd pass. He has a huge contract and he's not gonna get us over the hump. I'd rather stick with what we have and look towards the future.

BRushWithDeath
01-01-2009, 10:04 PM
He's actually a pretty good rebounder.

I'd pass. He has a huge contract and he's not gonna get us over the hump. I'd rather stick with what we have and look towards the future.

He pulls down 8 rebounds per game playing 30 minutes a night. I wouldn't call that pretty good. It might be a little better than I originally gave him credit for but it is nothing more than mediocre.

Quis
01-01-2009, 10:08 PM
He pulls down 8 rebounds per game playing 30 minutes a night. I wouldn't call that pretty good. It might be a little better than I originally gave him credit for but it is nothing more than mediocre.

It's actually 8.4 in just 25 minutes a night (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=991). His career average isn't bad either; 8.1 in 26.6 minutes.

Anthem
01-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Why is this coming up? Is he supposedly on the block?

He'd be a horrible fit for us, and not just for our system. For our group of players.

Hicks
01-01-2009, 10:33 PM
I think he's someone O'Brien didn't get along with.

pianoman
01-01-2009, 10:34 PM
i didn't know much about him, but i read he is on the block.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56325/20090101/maggette_dalembert_and_morrison_amongst_seven_avai lable_players/#

I take it he's a bad influence?

BRushWithDeath
01-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I take it he's a bad influence?

And not very good.

Naptown_Seth
01-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Understatement of the year. When Samuel takes the Ed Norton role in the summer stock version of Fight Club he changes the line to "Jim O'Brien. I'd fight Jim O'Brien."

JayRedd
01-02-2009, 12:16 AM
Good answer.

Jimmy would have a tough time with Sam though. Tall, long reach. Skinny guys fight til they're burger.

MillerTime
01-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Dalembert is definately someone we DONT want on our team. Im not even worried to think that Bird would consider him because of his HUGE contract. Bird stated that hes not interested in long term contracts.

Dalembert is a good shot blocker and a pretty good rebounder, but has no offensive talent. We wont have much interest in him

Unclebuck
01-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Someone re-fresh my memory. Was Dalembert a guy who got along well with JOB or not. He was one or the other.

aceace
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
For Tinsley and Baston... yes. Sam has 2 years after this same as Tinsley. Sam could give us what Rasho does next 2 years. No need to resign Rasho. Sam is not a terrible player. He is much better than Roy and could help Roy a lot over the next 2 years. Not going to happen though.

Hicks
01-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Now that I think about it, I think Dalembert was also kicked off of his national team (Canada). I'll pass. Heck, I would have anyway, but this pushes him further away.

Peck
01-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Someone re-fresh my memory. Was Dalembert a guy who got along well with JOB or not. He was one or the other.

From my memory when Philly first played here when O'Brien became the coach Samuel made the statement that he would play on one leg to play against JOB.

No, they did not get along at all.

CableKC
01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Although I doubt that the Sixers would actually do it....but I would actually consider a Murphy for Dalembert trade and be cautiously optimistic about a future Frontcourt rebounding/shotblocking rotation of Dalembert/Hibbert/Foster for the next 3 seasons. :zip:

d_c
01-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I would actually consider a Murphy for Dalembert trade :zip:

Given JOB's history with Dalembert, the Pacers wouldn't do that. And neither would the 76ers.

naptownmenace
01-02-2009, 04:38 PM

He hated coach O'Brien. He has some skill but he's a foul magnet with a bad attitude. Word has it he's lazy too. He's not a good fit for this team.

BRushWithDeath
01-02-2009, 04:59 PM
a future Frontcourt rebounding/shotblocking rotation of Dalembert/Hibbert/Foster for the next 3 seasons. :zip:

And expect our backcourt to score 90 a game?