PDA

View Full Version : Word of caution: Prepare for a letdown

Unclebuck
06-24-2004, 04:32 PM
This has been the craziest week ever in the NBA, so many big trade rumors and many involve the Pacers.

Just a word of caution, be preapared for a letdown tonight. There is no way the draft and related trades can possibly live up to all the hype/discussion

Even though this year has been crazy, I always feel a letdown right after the draft, it is kinda like 3:00 PM Christmas day. You have opened all your presents, the anticipation is over, the month long buildup...and all for what.

Just lower your expectations, and we'll all have a happy and healthy draft tonight

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 04:34 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. i realized that we may most likely end up picking 29, and I know a lot of people won't be happy about that.

Hicks
06-24-2004, 04:35 PM
I just want to draft someone I like (and I won't know if I like them until I read up on them).

MSA2CF
Thank you, Captain Letdown. :salute:

Zesty
Since I can't stand Christmas, I'm always thrilled when it's over. :)

rabid
I don't think we'll be trading up.

Hoop
06-24-2004, 04:38 PM
If something big don't happen, It'll be like opening a big nicely wrapped Christmas present only to find a box, in a box, in a box, with a rock in it. :shakehead: :cry:

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 04:39 PM
I don't think we'll be trading up.

I agree.

ROCislandWarrior
06-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Pretty much what I was thinking

Infact, I was trying to post a thread earlier today titled "No Surprises Tonight, Even if we do Nothing" but when I tried to post it, I got that "critical error" :devil:

We honestly have no idea what is going to happen tonight. I wouldn't put it past DW and LB to grab Tmac tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if they went off the charts and swung a deal for someone like Pierce. Or they sit tight and do nothing. Whatever it is, it better help the Pacers win it all next year.

If a deal can't be found to help us win the chip, then don't do one.
That is the only thing that will upset me, if we trade for yet another project.

Unclebuck
06-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Draft picks are always great until the preseason starts. And looking back at the picks, so many picks turn out to be busts.

Another thing I have to fight, the desire for an exciting night, Pacers making a few trades, vs the pacers doing the right thing. If AL is traded for the 7th pick that will add a little spice to the night, but is that the right thing for the Pacers?

For example when the Pacers traded AD for Bender I still remember Vescey breaking the story right before the draft, and it was very exciting, but has it turned out well.

indytoad
06-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Hey, I'm always prepared for a letdown.

IndyToad
Beyond the battle

Hoop
06-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Draft picks are always great until the preseason starts. And looking back at the picks, so many picks turn out to be busts.

Another thing I have to fight, the desire for an exciting night, Pacers making a few trades, vs the pacers doing the right thing. If AL is traded for the 7th pick that will add a little spice to the night, but is that the right thing for the Pacers?

For example when the Pacers traded AD for Bender I still remember Vescey breaking the story right before the draft, and it was very exciting, but has it turned out well.

Good point, I always get overly excited about any of our draft picks. You never know we could get the steal of the draft, I always have to think positively.

Spicoli
06-24-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm normally with the group that thinks things will remain status quo.

But I fully expect Bird to make a run at Jackson. I would say the odds of that are 60/40. I think Luke is just what Bird wants...

Hoop
06-24-2004, 04:47 PM

IndyToad
Beyond the battle

Who would have thunk it? :laugh:

fwpacerfan
06-24-2004, 04:47 PM
As far as the draft goes I wouldn't mind seeing the Pacers do nothing. I think there will be several deals AFTER the draft. Teams can see who drafted the guys they wanted and make the deal then. The worst thing is for the Pacers to trade for the #7 thinking they can get say, Jackson, only to find out he was selected with the 6th pick.

I'm also really concerned about trading a proven commodity for 'potential'. We've had a lot of 'potential' taking up space on the bench for a while now. I say we trade proven for proven and at the same time free up playing time for our 'potential.'

Unclebuck
06-24-2004, 04:49 PM

IndyToad
Beyond the battle

This thread was not addressed to you :laugh:

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 04:51 PM

IndyToad
Beyond the battle

:rolleyes: You need inner sakura to help you

indytoad
06-24-2004, 04:53 PM

Hmm, think I should change it to Shikamaru?

IndyToad
How bothersome

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 04:55 PM

Hmm, think I should change it to Shikamaru?

IndyToad
How bothersome

Hmm...I don't know if Shikamaru is right for this...well...maybe he is. LOL...How bothersome...hahaha...yes, go with Shikamaru.

Actually, wait until the new site is up. I want to copy that Sakura picture onto my home computer...which I won't be at till 5:45 or so.

Actually, can you tell me where you got it?

indytoad
06-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Hmm...I don't know if Shikamaru is right for this...well...maybe he is. LOL...How bothersome...hahaha...yes, go with Shikamaru.

Actually, wait until the new site is up. I want to copy that Sakura picture onto my home computer...which I won't be at till 5:45 or so.

Skikamaru is my favorite character anyway. Plus, now I can pretend I have a 200+ IQ.

I'm not sure what the site was though, I just did an image search on Google.

IndyToad
Fists of fury

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 05:07 PM

Skikamaru is my favorite character anyway. Plus, now I can pretend I have a 200+ IQ.

I'm not sure what the site was though, I just did an image search on Google.

IndyToad
Fists of fury

Haha...Shikamaru is definitely my favorite character as well. I kinda end up liking all the smart people....

though Naruto is a close second

ChicagoJ
06-24-2004, 05:15 PM
I thought you were going to tell me that we *did* trade for Tyson's Chicken during my most recent meeting.

indytoad
06-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Haha...Shikamaru is definitely my favorite character as well. I kinda end up liking all the smart people....

It's really hard not to like most of the characters. Well, except Sasuke. He's kinda irritating.

IndyToad
Data has been saved

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 05:22 PM

It's really hard not to like most of the characters. Well, except Sasuke. He's kinda irritating.

IndyToad
Data has been saved

He is VERY irritating. He and his stupid "I am better than you" attitude. Smug *******.

I don't like Sakura very much either. She is just a whiny little person, who can think nothing better to do than to worry about Sasuke. Sheesh. GET OVER HIM.

LAPacer
06-24-2004, 05:24 PM
DDub would never let us down. Especially now that he's got LB running the show. I'm waiting for the fireworks.

indygeezer
06-24-2004, 05:26 PM
WTF are you people talking about??????

Now as for tonight. Please observe my guess for the draft. Ha Sueng Jin (#29) and Farmer (last). No trades. SO nope, I won't be suprised if we do nothing. In fact with all the discussions going on, I figure everybody will be too scared to pull the trigger on anything. THey'' be so afraid that they will miss a better one if they committ to something, so they will do end up doing nothing. GRIDLOCK.

Unclebuck
06-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Are we letdown yet

Suaveness
06-24-2004, 10:25 PM
Without a doubt, UB, without a doubt.

Hicks
06-24-2004, 10:41 PM
I'm severely let down.

ChicagoJ
06-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Letdown... understatement of the night.

wintermute
06-25-2004, 01:36 AM
why the letdown? :confused:

pacers can still make moves for the guys they want.

plus we got a solid pick at #30.