PDA

View Full Version : I lost us the Hornets game tonight.

quinnthology
12-29-2008, 04:06 AM
I live in Colorado Springs, and I flew out to Indiana for a game (originally from Indiana, die hard). Hornets-P's. First row behind the scorers table. Oh yeah baby.

Chris Paul is my favorite player besides Granger. This game was supposed to be great.

I made a big mistake.

You know the story about Bosh’s girlfriend and LeBron? That happened to me tonight. I was chatting it up, Roy stretching right in front of me and I told Foster to snag 10 offensive boards for me. I gave Diener a cheer after he practiced fade away 3's with a hand in his face (came in handy with that shot clock buzzer beater). Great game, great view.

Then came the fourth quarter. The P’s had a solid lead (7 I think, so not solid lol) and CP wasn’t showing up much directly on offense, missing several jumpers. He came to check in at around four minutes, and I was in complete Pacers mode. Without thinking, I murmured, “CP ain’t ****.” He quickly turned around and said, “What?” High off the fact that he even acknowledged me, I said, “Yeah, you’re lucky T.J.’s not playing.” He replied, “Yeah, I prayed for that last night,” and rolled his eyes and laughed condescendingly. I was in complete disarray, and said to the man that I had so passionately spoken in MVP support for last year: “You shouldn’t have even been mentioned for MVP last year, Kobe is way better than you.” He laughed and walked off. My friend gave me the “what have you done” look. I thought to myself, "God, what did I do.

CP, the passing machine, stopped passing then. He began to shoot every time he got the ball and took over the game, scoring 11 points in the final 3:36. He even took an insane fade away with Murphy right in his face, swish. I was standing and cheering passionately every time Granger hit a big shot, I was cheering Jack on defense (personally, I hate Jack so this was hard).

After a timeout, he walked from the bench to halfcourt smirking and smiling, staring me down the whole way. My friend turns to me and says, "holy crap, is he looking at you?" only to see me staring CP down in the eyes, shaking my head. With 26 seconds left he drove, danced around with the ball and hit West for a wide open jumper to win it. I thought the game was over, but it wasn’t.

CP went over, took a photo with someone, then walked in my direction. I stood up. He stopped directly in front of the scorers table and, pointing a solid finger, said in LeBron fashion, “It’s your fault. It’s your fault.” My legs began to shake. What did I do.

So this is my formal apology. I truly am sorry guys, I was just being a Pacers fan. I didn't mean to do this, and we should have had a good win tonight.

Trader Joe
12-29-2008, 04:19 AM
I sat behind him. This is actually a 100% true story. I watched it happen.

It was in section 5 for anyone wondering. Wow, I really didn't expect to see this posted on the forums though. I was wondering what you had done to tick him off though cause he did come right for you.

I believe as he walked away you also told him he was overrated after the game, so yeah, I'm not really sure you learned your lesson.

The timeout scene you're talking about, my dad actually turned to me and said "What the hell is Paul staring at right now?"

aceace
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Currently calling my Mob friends... now where is it you live in Colorado?

MrSparko
12-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Why do you hate America?

sweabs
12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Hahahahaha - awesome story!

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Geeze, this is why we can't take you anywhere.

Great story, dood.

SoupIsGood
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Hahaha. Next time, tick off someone like B. Scalabrine, not one of the most talented players in the world. :-p

DgR
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Great story!!
You're like that guy who was yelling "jackass" at Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore. only you're not as good as him ;)

quinnthology
12-29-2008, 11:40 AM
I believe as he walked away you also told him he was overrated after the game, so yeah, I'm not really sure you learned your lesson.

Well, for the record, I was in such shock I didn't know what to say then. He kind of isolated me and I became kind of defensive while being star struck. Very hard to explain.

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, for the record, I was in such shock I didn't know what to say then. He kind of isolated me and I became kind of defensive while being star struck. Very hard to explain.
Go ahead, talk some trash. :P

Major Cold
12-29-2008, 12:17 PM
You should have called Peja soft.

Hicks
12-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks..... ***. Just kidding. ;) :D

Seriously, that's a great story and I'm glad you took the time to share it, even if it's the equivalent of walking into the local court house to confess a crime. :devil:

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks..... ***. Just kidding. ;) :D

Seriously, that's a great story and I'm glad you took the time to share it, even if it's the equivalent of walking into the local court house to confess a crime. :devil:
Don't we lower his punishment for that?

Iceman1
12-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I live in Colorado Springs, and I flew out to Indiana for a game (originally from Indiana, die hard). Hornets-P's. First row behind the scorers table. Oh yeah baby.

Chris Paul is my favorite player besides Granger. This game was supposed to be great.

I made a big mistake.

You know the story about Bosh’s girlfriend and LeBron? That happened to me tonight. I was chatting it up, Roy stretching right in front of me and I told Foster to snag 10 offensive boards for me. I gave Diener a cheer after he practiced fade away 3's with a hand in his face (came in handy with that shot clock buzzer beater). Great game, great view.

Then came the fourth quarter. The P’s had a solid lead (7 I think, so not solid lol) and CP wasn’t showing up much directly on offense, missing several jumpers. He came to check in at around four minutes, and I was in complete Pacers mode. Without thinking, I murmured, “CP ain’t ****.” He quickly turned around and said, “What?” High off the fact that he even acknowledged me, I said, “Yeah, you’re lucky T.J.’s not playing.” He replied, “Yeah, I prayed for that last night,” and rolled his eyes and laughed condescendingly. I was in complete disarray, and said to the man that I had so passionately spoken in MVP support for last year: “You shouldn’t have even been mentioned for MVP last year, Kobe is way better than you.” He laughed and walked off. My friend gave me the “what have you done” look. I thought to myself, "God, what did I do.

CP, the passing machine, stopped passing then. He began to shoot every time he got the ball and took over the game, scoring 11 points in the final 3:36. He even took an insane fade away with Murphy right in his face, swish. I was standing and cheering passionately every time Granger hit a big shot, I was cheering Jack on defense (personally, I hate Jack so this was hard).

After a timeout, he walked from the bench to halfcourt smirking and smiling, staring me down the whole way. My friend turns to me and says, "holy crap, is he looking at you?" only to see me staring CP down in the eyes, shaking my head. With 26 seconds left he drove, danced around with the ball and hit West for a wide open jumper to win it. I thought the game was over, but it wasn’t.

CP went over, took a photo with someone, then walked in my direction. I stood up. He stopped directly in front of the scorers table and, pointing a solid finger, said in LeBron fashion, “It’s your fault. It’s your fault.” My legs began to shake. What did I do.

So this is my formal apology. I truly am sorry guys, I was just being a Pacers fan. I didn't mean to do this, and we should have had a good win tonight.

LOL....that is freaking hilarious. :D

xtacy
12-29-2008, 12:27 PM
mike wells mentioned this on his article today.

JayRedd
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Mike Wells
IndyStar.com

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2008/12/how_many_more_t.html

--You guys (in honor of Mike from Cordry Lake) can send your "Thank You" cards to the guys sitting several rows behind the scorer's table.

They were the ones that got Hornets guard Chris Paul fired up midway through the fourth quarter.

The fans started heckling Paul as he waited at the table. The guys didn't say anything vulgar, but Paul leaned against the table shaking his head as he listened to every word.

Paul scored 11 of his 19 points in the final 3:36 of the game.

Afterwards, he ran by the scorer's table, looked up in the stands on told the guys, "That was all your fault."

Great job, go ahead and get one of the league's best players worked up.
The things they said weren't even funny.

Major Cold
12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
not funny? Fail...

PR07
12-29-2008, 01:38 PM
haha, I'm not even mad, this story is hilarious. I can imagine the narrator of a "Christmas Story" reading this type of material. If you showed some humility at the end, you might've been able to milk an autograph out of it though.

CableKC
12-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Next time, talk smack to some Player that is dressed in a suit at the end of the bench....not the most talented Player on the opposing team that we have NO real chance of containing. :laugh:

Hahaha. Next time, tick off someone like B. Scalabrine, not one of the most talented players in the world. :-p
Nope, that won't work either.....especially when it comes to a Player that is somewhat capable of making a 3pt shot like Scalabrine, we have a bad habit of making Players like him a "Scrub of the Night" that will get career high #s against us.

Naptown_Seth
12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I agree. I hate when the trash talking is so lame, and then on top of it you fire him up. Ugh.

First off, the key is something that kinda makes them laugh too. Second, you have to pick on that guy that will just ruin his team by taking over. I watched 4 guys dismantle Boston a few years ago by ripping on Ricky Davis till he decided to prove a point. He made some but overall it was a mess. A few of us trashed Pierce's TEAMMATES one time for not passing them the ball, but we said nothing to PP himself. "Man, he does know you're on his team, right?"

The worst I've ever done is yak up whatever crap Chicago guard was playing point circa 2000 as the Pacers punked them. He went baseline for a nice dunk with the Bulls way down and I told him it would look great on the highlight reel he was making for his grandma.

Of course I prefer to work in the sarcasm genre anyway.

ps - thanks for passing me up as most offensive poster too. There's no way I can top that without cracking Danny's shins (why?!why!?)

beast23
12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I call B.S. on this one.

Next time, wear the opposing team's uniform and yell at Danny Granger that he's "not worth ****". If there's any justice in this world, that should get the desired result. And knowing Indy fan's, even if it doesn't work, you should be able to escape without being lynched.

For Pete's sake, you owe us at least that much.

:)

El Pacero
12-29-2008, 02:57 PM
This is just as bad as Spike Lee yelling at Reggie, and then Spike is on the front cover of the NY newspapers the next day blaming him for firing up Reggie and losing the game.

Except this wasn't a big game, and you made the sports section versus the front page, so I forgive you.

The guys in front of me at the Golden State game a few weeks ago (we were right behind their bench) kept yelling at Stephen Jackson: "See you at Club Rio after the game!" From less than 10' away, poor Jackson heard it everytime.

YoSoyIndy
12-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Mike Wells
IndyStar.com

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2008/12/how_many_more_t.html

That's great.

My favorite part about Mike Wells' blog is that its obvious he doesn't have anyone edit it before posting. I like that for two reasons: (1) it feels more legit and (2) it shows how important an editor is for Wells.

ajbry
12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
You should have called Peja soft.

:laugh:

Since86
12-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Freaking awesome.

I'm sure a lot of players need someone like you to get them going for just regular, run of the mill season games. I couldn't imagine getting yourself ready to go at 100% every game of the season. I'm sure it starts becoming mudane and routine, so you listen for someone new, an opposing fan, that makes it a little more personal.

naptownmenace
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Interesting story. Oh yeah... thanks. :grumble:

Well look at the bright side, you now know how Spike Lee felt after he heckled Reggie. Still, what were you thinking?

quinnthology
12-29-2008, 04:31 PM
It wasn't funny that I said he's lucky TJ wasn't playing? Dang I thought that was OK. (I think TJ told me to shut up from the bench, though).

Either way, I wish it would have been a group of guys. However, it was only me being dumb, and my friend kind of nudging me to be quiet. The stares and comment were directed solely to me, which is terrible and awesome at the same time.

Hicks
12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I was thinking about getting into to it with Bruce Bowen when the Spurs are in town. I'll be in row 6 behind those guys.

It all revolved around me bringing a sign of Jesus taking a jump shot with Bowen sliding his foot under him reading, "You know you would."

grace
12-29-2008, 04:49 PM
This is why I always sat in the upper deck. Allen Iverson never heard me call him a **** sucking *** hole.

Major Cold
12-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow grace are you in the navy?

grace
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow grace are you in the navy?

I'll never tell, but if MR sees this I'm sure he'll come up with photographic proof.

Ownagedood
12-29-2008, 11:35 PM
I was thinking about getting into to it with Bruce Bowen when the Spurs are in town. I'll be in row 6 behind those guys.

It all revolved around me bringing a sign of Jesus taking a jump shot with Bowen sliding his foot under him reading, "You know you would."

Hahaha do it. That would be awesome.

King Tuts Tomb
12-30-2008, 06:34 AM
I hate that you helped lose us the game, but I can't be too mad, you being my brother and all.

Picked up by ESPN:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-37-108/Chris-Paul-is-Just-Waiting-for-You-to-Bait-Him.html

Pacersfan46
12-30-2008, 06:58 AM
This is hilarious. Wasn't the brightest thing in the world to do, but it certainly is funny!

I'd love for you to go to the Denver/Hornets game. His reaction would be hilarious.

-- Steve --

2minutes twowa
12-30-2008, 09:55 AM

I can picture it in my head!:laugh:

Hicks
12-30-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't care, but it would have been sweet if TrueHoop had referenced his PD post instead of that blog to paste quinn's story. Might have had some interesting new people stop by.

LoneGranger33
12-30-2008, 11:19 AM

That would be the funniest thing to ever happen at an NBA game, I'd think.

Shade
12-30-2008, 11:26 AM
That is one of the most amazing stories I've ever heard. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I think I'll laugh. :lmao:

Shade
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM

You would be my hero if you did that. :jawdrop: :lol:

Hicks
12-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Get to work giving me something to print and paste onto cardboard for the sign (photoshop FTW), and I'll consider it. :devil:

Shade
12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
If we have any talented artists on PD, I think it would work best as a cartoonish drawing.

grace
12-30-2008, 02:16 PM
That is one of the most amazing stories I've ever heard.

It ranks right up there with Peck and Scot Pollard in the bathroom.

duke dynamite
12-30-2008, 03:32 PM
...I can draw.

duke dynamite
12-30-2008, 03:33 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/105227215_66c84901e3.jpg?v=0

Since86
12-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow, you are a good artist.

imawhat
12-30-2008, 04:11 PM

I made a big mistake.

Pretty sure Knicks fans weren't as forgiving as people here when Spike Lee got Reggie charged up.

Speaking of which, did you miss those games? I thought all Pacers fans knew that great players don't need extra motivation.

aceace
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Nice to have fans just like the team. (sarcasm)The Pacers might have won that game but a fan blew it in the last 3 minutes. The more I think about it the more I think quinnthology is a complete dip----. When I first posted to this thread I thought it was a joke. Apparently it did happen, maybe your one of those in favor of tanking the season. Maybe I should just quit wasting my time with the Pacers. We now have fans comparable to Detroit on the not-so-smart scale. quinnthology change your name to johngreenthology.

CableKC
12-30-2008, 05:07 PM

You're going to try to p*ss off the guy that is likely going to be defending Granger that night?

I'm gonna pray that Bowen doesn't try to do that move on Granger himself....

Hicks
12-30-2008, 05:36 PM
You're going to try to p*ss off the guy that is likely going to be defending Granger that night?

I'm gonna pray that Bowen doesn't try to do that move on Granger himself....

Hmm. Good point. But then again, at least I get to say, "I told you so." :D

CableKC
12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Hmm. Good point. But then again, at least I get to say, "I told you so." :D
Hicks 1
Bowen 0
Granger -1

:laugh:

Naptown_Seth
01-01-2009, 06:14 AM
BTW, if this ever happens to you or any other posters here, I mean where the guy comes over to you and says that he played well because you fired him up, then the appropriate comeback is to point out to him that it's pretty pathetic that normally he's not willing to earn his full paycheck and saves it for some guy giving him a hard time.

Trust me, you walk away the winner on that comeback. Make sure to be extra snarky, something like "so normally you just phone it in" or even the ever popular "yeah, your girlfriend called and told me to tell you that you suck in bed too, she's hoping this will get you to finally make it worth her while next time".

If you do it right maybe you can get the Mad Max special out of him which is always fun.

grace
01-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Trust me, you walk away the winner on that comeback.

I don't think so. Unless you're giving Big Baby a hard time I don't think it will phase him at all.

Shade
01-10-2009, 03:18 PM

:bump:

This still needs to happen. :signit:

Hicks
01-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I still don't have a sign.

Shade
01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
You still have about three months. I'm sure the collective talent of PD can come up with something by then.

Naptown_Seth
01-10-2009, 06:13 PM
I agree with Shade. I know a guy in the sign biz, we could make it look pretty polished I bet. We just need some sample art to start with. Now who's got a photo of Jesus for starters?

;)

(it's a joke, save your Jim Caviezel JPGs people)

Hicks
01-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Okay, this is starting to get taken a bit more seriously than I'm meaning it, so I want to make it clear: I'm not seriously going to do this.

Shade
01-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Then I shall have to usurp your seat and do it myself. :plot: