PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect the Pacers to do with their picks on draft night?

Slick Pinkham
06-23-2004, 11:56 AM
not whom they will pick, but what do you expect in terms of trade-up, trade-down, etc.

Hicks
06-23-2004, 11:57 AM
I say trade up to get someone they want in the lottery.

ChicagoJ
06-23-2004, 12:05 PM
I attempted to post (critical error popped up again) that I'm really bored with this draft. I'd prefer the Pacers trade out of it altogether. I don't even see the top-two guys as potential starters for the Pacers during our current "window of opportunity".

I suppose certain SGs in the draft might start for us out of necessity, but then again if that were true SG would still be our weakest position.

Since 'trade out altogether' isn't an option, I voted to keep the #29 pick.

Will Galen
06-23-2004, 12:16 PM
I voted 'other.'

I think they will trade Harrington and pick #29 for a pick in the top 10. Their 2nd round pick they will keep.

LAPacer
06-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Late lottery. It would only make sense if they got someone that would get minutes immediately. i.e. Jackson, Podkolzine.

Slick Pinkham
06-23-2004, 12:28 PM
I voted 'other.'

I think they will trade Harrington and pick #29 for a pick in the top 10. Their 2nd round pick they will keep.

:confused:

Why is that "other"? That would seem to be choice #2 or #3, depending upon how high a pick you hink trading Al will get us. To trade up, you have to give up something, and the most likely bait would appear to be Al.

Will Galen
06-23-2004, 12:56 PM
I voted 'other.'

:confused:

Why is that "other"? That would seem to be choice #2 or #3, depending upon how high a pick you hink trading Al will get us. To trade up, you have to give up something, and the most likely bait would appear to be Al.

Your question was specific when you said 'picks.' I don't think they will use both picks to trade up.

Slick Pinkham
06-24-2004, 12:54 AM
looking more and more like option 3!

:)