PDA

View Full Version : Blogger Contest - I WON!!!

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Congratulations on being randomly selected as the first winner in the Pacers.com Fan Blogger contest. Please respond to this e-mail ASAP with your full name and complete contact information (phone, cell phone and preferred e-mail) so we can make arrangements for you to attend Tuesday’s game as our special guest.

w00t! I am very happy, and will represent Pacersdigest.com and Indy Cornrows. I am thankful for this opportunity.

MillerTime
12-29-2008, 12:20 AM
congrats

Bball
12-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Congrats Dukie.... although my excitement is tempered with the tragedy of my own existence and the loss tonight in the championship game of my fantasy football league. The loss is made even more painful because for some reason I couldn't log onto ESPN Fantasy this morning to make the final roster changes I wanted to make should a player that was iffy not play. I pulled him last night and made a quick change but I planned to revisit the situation today before kickoff.

Either of the options I was mulling and would've done would've won the game for me.... I lost by 3 points.

:violin:
Bball

Roaming Gnome
12-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Congratulations Duke...
Sorry Bball...

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks, all.

BBall, sorry to hear that. Most of that was foreign to me, since I don't do much fantasy sports, but it doesn't look good.

Hicks
12-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Congrats. So, what will you be doing at the game, exactly?

PacerPerspective
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Congrats man...have fun!

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 10:02 AM
AFAIK I will be around the scorer's bench with a laptop.

Major Cold
12-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Sweet Dukie. Way to go.

jhondog28
12-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Thats great Dukie way to go! Ok so I am assuming I do not even need to remind you to bring your camera for that one.

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Thats great Dukie way to go! Ok so I am assuming I do not even need to remind you to bring your camera for that one.
Ms. Duke will be taking the photos. This will be a live blog, I don't think I'd be able to take pics while doing this.

naptownmenace
12-29-2008, 03:47 PM
AFAIK I will be around the scorer's bench with a laptop.

That is so cool! You're a good writer so I'm not surprised you won. Congratulations!

duke dynamite
12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
That is so cool! You're a good writer so I'm not surprised you won. Congratulations!
Thanks! I appreciate that.

I will actually be at the press booth, and I will have my laptop with me, so I can update in real-time if need be.

duke dynamite
12-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I also found out that I will be sitting in on O'Brien's press conference after the game.

able
12-30-2008, 02:43 PM
kewl :P hope your notebook has a mic and you have a record button on it :P

Of course i realize that you will update your own site first, but i think ppl will appreciate you posting here as well

duke dynamite
12-30-2008, 03:09 PM
kewl :P hope your notebook has a mic and you have a record button on it :P

Of course i realize that you will update your own site first, but i think ppl will appreciate you posting here as well
You know, my laptop does have a built-in microphone, and I may use that to accompany my blog. (Use it for quotes, of course.)

That was a great idea, able!

idioteque
12-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Congratulations, Duke. Have fun!

Have you ever considered a long term career in journalism or are you pretty happy with IT? Not that I could hook you up with anything but you are a great writer! I'm jealous of your opportunity, make the most of it! :cool:

duke dynamite
12-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Congratulations, Duke. Have fun!

Have you ever considered a long term career in journalism or are you pretty happy with IT? Not that I could hook you up with anything but you are a great writer! I'm jealous of your opportunity, make the most of it! :cool:
I really do want to be a sports writer...

I was sports editor for my high school newspaper.