PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft Current Standings

rousea24
12-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Going to update this on a weekly basis or so and see where we stand. Will be interesting to see what the high and low point will be throughout the year.

As of Sunday, Dec. 28th (prior to games):

1. Oklahoma City: 3-28
2. Minnesota: 5-24
3. Washington: 5-23
4. Sacramento: 7-23
5. LA Clippers: 8-20
6. Golden State: 9-22
7. Memphis: 10-20
8. Indiana: 10-19
9. Charlotte: 11-20
10. New York: 11-17
11. Toronto: 12-18
12. Philadelphia: 12-17
13. Chicago: 13-17

Quis
12-28-2008, 04:46 PM
This thread is gonna get some people's underwear in a bunch.

BRushWithDeath
12-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Like it or not, ping pong balls are going to be important to this team.

Shade
12-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately, this draft is so weak overall that anything outside of a Top 5 pick may not even net an NBA-caliber starter.

xtacy
12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately, this draft is so weak overall that anything outside of a Top 5 pick may not even net an NBA-caliber starter.

bad for us we might end up with a useless guy.

Justin Tyme
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM

Yet if you trade the pick in what you consider a poor draft, Pacerland will explode.

Portland always likes to collect picks, maybe they'd trade it for Bayless.:D

NapTonius Monk
12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I do agree this is a week draft. Although, I do like Tyler Hansborough. I think he's the next Pacer, unless we net the top pick, or MJ gets to him before we do!

WetBob
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
I do agree this is a week draft. Although, I do like Tyler Hansborough. I think he's the next Pacer, unless we net the top pick, or MJ gets to him before we do!

Please God, tell me this is a joke.

Dr. Awesome
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM

I think you might be right, but I heard Bird loved Lawson before the whole drinking incident last year. If Lawson matures enough in Birds eyes, I can see us drafting him and letting Jack walk.

I wouldn't be oppose to trading the pick this year, depending on what we could get.

WetBob
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I think you might be right, but I heard Bird loved Lawson before the whole drinking incident last year. If Lawson matures enough in Birds eyes, I can see us drafting him and letting Jack walk.

I wouldn't be oppose to trading the pick this year, depending on what we could get.

If Bird doesn't like Lawson because he got caught drinking, Larry Legend is a huge hypocrite.

Jack should be walking either way.

Justin Tyme
12-28-2008, 06:16 PM

If you think MJ is going to draft a player, don't even consider that player. Jordan has a habit of picking players that don't achieve as in Brown and Morrison. He knows about as much how to pick players and run a franchise as ..... best stay with doing underwear commericals.

BRushWithDeath
12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
There are about 5 point guards I'd rather have than Lawson. If Ricky Rubio is available would anyone be interested?

Placebo
12-28-2008, 06:23 PM
If Ricky Rubio is available would anyone be interested?

Hell yes. That kid will change the faith of a lucky franchise some day. Yes, he is that special... But he ain't coming to NBA until 2010 or 2011.

BRushWithDeath
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Hell yes. That kid will change the faith of a lucky franchise some day. Yes, he is that special... But he ain't coming to NBA until 2010 or 2011.

Everything I've seen has him coming this draft.

WetBob
12-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Everything I've seen has him coming this draft.

He might be in the draft and not come right away. That's not unusual.

Placebo
12-28-2008, 06:30 PM
His contract will likely prevent him for declaring for 2009 draft. Even 2010 is not a guarantee. In his case I think later the better, his learning curve is simply amazing.

Dr. Awesome
12-28-2008, 06:31 PM
If Bird doesn't like Lawson because he got caught drinking, Larry Legend is a huge hypocrite.

Lawson was underage and Bird wants high character guys.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lawson is a great guy and would love him on this team. I just see Bird avoiding guys with red flags.

Dr. Awesome
12-28-2008, 06:32 PM
There are about 5 point guards I'd rather have than Lawson. If Ricky Rubio is available would anyone be interested?

We'd have to land a top 3 pick to get Rubio.

BRushWithDeath
12-28-2008, 06:35 PM

I think that is far from unrealistic.

Hicks
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM

Larry Bird's image isn't on trial with Pacer fans, but the current players' images are. I don't think Bird cares very much on a personal level that the guy was drinking.

Dr. Awesome
12-28-2008, 06:45 PM

He is widely considered a top 5 pick. We won't be in the top 5 pick range, unless we get lucky in the lottery and get a top 3 pick.

What is unrealistic about that?

count55
12-28-2008, 06:54 PM

He is widely considered a top 5 pick. We won't be in the top 5 pick range, unless we get lucky in the lottery and get a top 3 pick.

What is unrealistic about that?

Read his post again.

Dr. Awesome
12-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Read his post again.

Yea, I guess it could be interpreted either way, or maybe I'm just slow haha.

This is DGrangeRx33 btw.

count55
12-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Yea, I guess it could be interpreted either way, or maybe I'm just slow haha.

This is DGrangeRx33 btw.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what he meant, either.

Major Cold
12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Even if we lose the rest of our games we have a 25% chance of landing the top pick. I willing to bet that if we lose the rest of our games the percentage is greater that we lose entire franchise.

There is no lebron and there is no Kobe. Let us play and let the chips fall where they may.

rousea24
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Going to update this on a weekly basis or so and see where we stand. Will be interesting to see what the high and low point will be throughout the year.

As of Sunday, Dec. 28th (prior to games):

1. Oklahoma City: 3-28
2. Minnesota: 5-24
3. Washington: 5-23
4. Sacramento: 7-23
5. LA Clippers: 8-20
6. Golden State: 9-22
7. Memphis: 10-20
8. Indiana: 10-19
9. Charlotte: 11-20
10. New York: 11-17
11. Toronto: 12-18
12. Philadelphia: 12-17
13. Chicago: 13-17

I don't think we get any lower than the No. 3 slot. OKC and Minny are going to have the worst 2 records b/c they are bad and they are in the West. If Arenas comes back in January, then I think the No. 3 slot could be within reach. If not, then no lower than No. 4.

That said, it doesn't look like this draft on the surface is going to be very good. A lot can change between now and the end of the college season, but I don't think Griffin will be as great in the NBA as some think he will be and he's the No. 1 guy right now.

BRushWithDeath
12-29-2008, 11:52 PM

To clarify (though I see nothing unclear about my original response):

I think it is far from unrealistic that the Pacers land a top 3 pick. As in there is a very legitimate chance of the Pacers having a top 3 pick.

Dr. Awesome
12-30-2008, 12:05 AM
To clarify (though I see nothing unclear about my original response):

I think it is far from unrealistic that the Pacers land a top 3 pick. As in there is a very legitimate chance of the Pacers having a top 3 pick.

We won't have a top 3 pick. Even if Danny gets hurt *knocks on wood*, Stern would find a way to make sure we'd end up with the worst pick possible for our range. :p

PR07
12-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Rubio would be a dream come true. You could either draft him and let him develop overseas, or you could give him some backup minutes behind TJ Ford for the next two years until he's ready to take over. The first would probably be the best option.

Blake Griffin is a no brainer. May not be a superstar, but he's going to be a really good #4. Don't like Thabeet for this team. Greg Monroe is intriguing if the Pacers can afford to give him the time to develop. Ditto for two possible franchise PG's in Jru Holliday and Brandon Jennings. Both of whom have that type of talent. As mentioned earlier, the Pacers have a nice situation where they can afford to develop a PG and still remain competitive. Stephen Curry would be a safe pick and probably ends up a nice player, but may be too safe of a pick for a team that can use more star power in the Pacers.

sloopjohnb
12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
I think the Pacers have an excellent shot of landing into the top 5 picks somehow, but top 3 seems a bit of a stretch. I personally think that Golden State and the LA Clippers will finish with better records than Indiana. I also agree that if Arenas makes it back with Washington, they will finish with a better record than the Pacers. In any case, the lottery (contrary to some belief) allows the Pacers a slight opportunity to land a top 3 pick somehow and that would be excellent.

Naptown_Seth
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
HoopsHype has a spanish article saying Rubio is not coming out this year.

Hope you can translate...
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/baloncesto/nba/es/desarrollo/1195512.html