PDA

View Full Version : Rush, Hibbert, and the Rookie Challenge

Quis
12-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Do you think either will be named to the rookie team?

idioteque
12-27-2008, 08:38 PM
While both seem to be developing fairly well neither really have a chance at making the All-Rookie team.

The All-Rookie team will probably be:

PG Derrick Rose (Chicago)
SG OJ Mayo (Memphis)
SF LB Mbah a Moute (Milwaukee)
PF Michael Beasley (Miami)
C Kevin Love (Minnesota)

It is possible Rudy Fernadez will get in over Mbah a Moute if he can be voted in as a SF.

Quis
12-27-2008, 08:45 PM
This is about the Rookie Challenge during All-Star Weekend, not the All-Rookie 1st team.

idioteque
12-27-2008, 08:53 PM
This is about the Rookie Challenge during All-Star Weekend, not the All-Rookie 1st team.

Rookies vs. Second Year Players?

I think that is something like a nine man roster and yeah, Rush or Hibbert won't make it. The draft was actually pretty good this year.

Roster

SG OJ Mayo (Memphis)
C Kevin Love (Minnesota)
--

Reserves

PG DJ Augustin
C Greg Oden
SF Rudy Fernandez

JMO

esabyrn333
12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I voted for Hibbert because they don't have many rookie Centers doing anything. I really don't think Kevin Love counts as a center IMO

esabyrn333
12-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Rookies vs. Second Year Players?

I think that is something like a nine man roster and yeah, Rush or Hibbert won't make it. The draft was actually pretty good this year.

Roster

SG OJ Mayo (Memphis)
C Kevin Love (Minnesota)
--

Reserves

PG DJ Augustin
C Greg Oden
SF Rudy Fernandez

JMO

I forgot about Oden.

idioteque
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I voted for Hibbert because they don't have many rookie Centers doing anything. I really don't think Kevin Love counts as a center IMO

Love really is more of a PF, don't know why I put him there.

Plus Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez would probably be picked in over Roy.

Justin Tyme
12-27-2008, 09:04 PM

Neither does Mbah a Moute as a SF. He's been playing PF for the Bucks.

Doddage
12-27-2008, 09:16 PM
He's naturally a SF though, he's just been bumped up to the 4.

Spirit
12-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Maybe Rush but not Hibbert

Quis
12-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Derrick Rose
D.J. Augustin
O.J. Mayo
Russell Westbrook
Greg Oden
Brook Lopez
Michael Beasley

I think those 7 would make the team right now, with two spots remaining. The team seems to be lacking size on the wings, so I think Rush could fill one of the spots, especially if he continues to play strong as he has been for the past few weeks.

I don't think Hibbert has a prayer. There's too many big men playing better right now.

Will Galen
12-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Neither will make it as of right now. For example Thorpe has Rush ranked 25th and Roy 33rd, so other players are impressing people that aren't Pacer fans more.

Justin Tyme
12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
He's naturally a SF though, he's just been bumped up to the 4.

He's playing well at PF, starting at times, not to mention he was a 2nd round pick.

Justin Tyme
12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
When selecting rookies for the game against the 2nd year players, do they choose 2 players for each position or the 10 best rookies regardless of the positions they play?

d_c
12-28-2008, 03:02 PM
When selecting rookies for the game against the 2nd year players, do they choose 2 players for each position or the 10 best rookies regardless of the positions they play?

They select the 9 (unless this number's changed) best players, regardless of what position they play. FWIW, they also do the same thing when they announce the all-rookie 1st and 2nd teams.

Roy Munson
12-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Derrick Rose
D.J. Augustin
O.J. Mayo
Russell Westbrook
Greg Oden
Brook Lopez
Michael Beasley

I think those 7 would make the team right now, with two spots remaining. The team seems to be lacking size on the wings, so I think Rush could fill one of the spots, especially if he continues to play strong as he has been for the past few weeks.

I don't think Hibbert has a prayer. There's too many big men playing better right now.

I don't think they'll keep Rudy Fernandez off the team.

BRushWithDeath
12-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Derrick Rose
OJ Mayo
Rudy Fernandez
Micheal Beasley
Marc Gasol

George Hill
Greg Oden
Brook Lopez
D.J. Augustin
Russell Westbrook
Marreese Speights
Kevin Love

If they get 12 that should be the roster. Hibbert and Rush have no chance whatsoever. And deservedly so.

Brad8888
12-29-2008, 09:22 AM
At this time, no. Neither has been given a consistent opportunity to develop so far this season.

If Rush could get shots to fall consistently, possibly. Hibbert is too weak going to the rim in traffic so far.

Frantz
12-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Lately the way is playing Hibbert is great...I think he can play in Rookie Challenge if continues to play in this way...

The problem is that in center there are just Oden and Brook Lopez...but I think Love isn't playing so better than Roy Hibbert, isn't it?

Anthem
12-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Fine with me if neither one makes it in.

Anthem
12-29-2008, 10:42 AM
At this time, no. Neither has been given a consistent opportunity to develop so far this season.
Rush has gotten opportunity. He's just not produced (statistically at least). I'm not mad at him... I think he's shown flashes of being a really good player. But it hasn't happened yet.

Roy hasn't had as much opportunity as I'd like, but it's 30 games in and the dude is starting. He should get plenty of opportunity from here to the end of the year.

Jonathan
12-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I heard Tinsley & Catchings are repping Indiana in the skills challenge.

count55
12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Fine with me if neither one makes it in.

QFT