PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: World Tour

Stryder
12-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Anyone else addicted to this game? What is your favorite song to play?

I'd have to say my favorites are Nugent's Stranglehold and Michael Jackson's Beat It...

Shade
12-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I've got it and it's cool, but I like Rock Band 2 a little more. For the drums, at least. The GH charts aren't quite as clear as the RB charts when it comes to clarifying whether a hit has registered or not.

My favorite song is probably Pull Me Under by Dream Theater (the hidden song).

Doug
12-27-2008, 11:39 PM
We have RB2.

I was just playing it with my kids...

Sometimes you get to a song and think "why on earth did they pick that song for 'artist X' when there are so many other better ones out there?"

Maybe it's that they've gone with a very well regarded 'deep cut', but I mean 'Drain You' from Nirvana? 'Cool for Cats' from Squeeze? Some Cheap Trick song I've never heard of...

I feel very old at times in this game. I haven't heard half these songs before. And I thought I did a decent job keeping up with music.

Maybe it's just that I end up singing, and I'm not a particularly good singer. But my kids tend to like to play guitar and drums unless they really like the song. I can barely sing a song I know well, let alone try to sight-read something I've never heard.

Get off my lawn!

GO!!!!!
12-28-2008, 01:56 AM
Nice comments, but sorry to have to go off topic slightly, but whats the difference between the two... GH gets more adds and floor space down here then Rock Band but what the difference is I'm not sure..

duke dynamite
12-28-2008, 01:56 AM
Rock Band 2 > Guitar Hero: World Tour

I know they've been copycatting each other, but RB just took something great and made it a ton better.

Shade
12-28-2008, 02:42 AM
Nice comments, but sorry to have to go off topic slightly, but whats the difference between the two... GH gets more adds and floor space down here then Rock Band but what the difference is I'm not sure..

Other than what I mentioned above:

- GH is typically harder, as it has a default 5-note set for drums (as opposed to RB's 4), and there are generally notes added to all the instruments' note charts in GH.

- Setlists. Though both games share some songs, there is a different slant with the default setlists. RB currently has a much wider selection when you factor in downloadable content since it's been around longer.

- It's easier to do fills and rolls on the drums in GH than it is in RB. GH has a little more leniency in that respect than RB.

You really can't go wrong with either one. But like I said before, I prefer the overall setup of RB to that of GH.

Trader Joe
12-28-2008, 03:50 AM
The one thing Guitar Hero has on RB2 is the track list.

Shade
12-28-2008, 01:17 PM
The one thing Guitar Hero has on RB2 is the track list.

Depends on your music preferences. I personally slightly prefer RB's setlist.

Doug
01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
All the snow has turned to water
Christmas days have come and gone
Broken toys and faded colors
Are all that's left to linger on

-- John Prine & Steve Goodman

Anyway, Christmas break is over and that's going to cut into my time playing RB with the kids. We've got just about everything unlocked.

Very fun game. I'm slowly working up to hard on bass. Made it through 3 songs, then Bodhisattva kicked my butt about 4 times in a row before I quit. I tried a couple of songs on hard vocals, did all right.

The "Harmonix" content is a mixed bunch. A lot of tends toward metal and punk. Don't care for most of it. However, Conventional Lover is one of my favorite songs on the disk, period.

RB2 is great - much improved over RB1 on the Wii. Although I think my girls like buying and changing outfits as much as they do playing.

I can't wait for the downloadable content for the Wii to become available. That should make it easier to find songs in my vocal range (not many).