PDA

View Full Version : Indy Sports Talk

special ed
12-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Just checking to gauge PD's interest in SportsTalk. Any number of shows out there, but which ones bring the most interest?

Speed
12-26-2008, 03:15 PM
I didn't even know 1340 existed. I remember Colin Coherd was on ESPN for awhile, is it the same thing?

special ed
12-26-2008, 03:19 PM
I didn't even know 1340 existed. I remember Colin Coherd was on ESPN for awhile, is it the same thing?1340s out of Muncie and still Cowherd's show in the Dakich time slot.
Just tried to include some of the same time slots. Steve Czaban's one of my favorites in the AM drive to work.

Speed
12-26-2008, 03:34 PM
1340s out of Muncie and still Cowherd's show in the Dakich time slot.
Just tried to include some of the same time slots. Steve Czaban's one of my favorites in the AM drive to work.

Absolutely, I listen to 1260 in the morning instead of Mike and Mike most of the time now. I'm so done with and Upon further review are very entertaining.

grace
12-26-2008, 03:36 PM
I voted for Dakich, but to me it's acutally tied with The Zone on 950.

Roaming Gnome
12-26-2008, 03:50 PM
I use to listen to sports talk rather religiously from 1993 onto sometime last year. I got to the point where I just got sick of arrogant national host and ignorant local callers. How many times can you hear that we can trade Jamaal Tinsley for __name someones star__, or the Pacers need to send Jamaal down to Fort Wayne, so he can rot. Also, tired of knee-jerk reaction with no substance behind it.

Don't get me wrong, I still listen, but no longer beyond the car.

As far as which host do a good job as far as the shows go, I do like JMV. I felt that WNDE had something special on their hands when he co-hosted Mark Patrick on Sports. To me, giving him his own show was a no brainer. The only thing that is wearing on me is that some of the callers are coming off as if they are on Jim Rome.

I'm starting to really enjoy Dakich's show. It is very strait forward and local. He is not trying to be a comedian, nor be like another national host. Too bad his show is in the middle of the day because I'm not going to get to listen when I return to work.

Kravitz and Eddie... :sigh: I actually respect Bob Kravitz more for going on the air and being able to justify/defend some of his more interesting columns on a daily basis. On air, Bobs points seem to have more context and seem "understandable" then when he makes his point in print. Too bad this is all washed away by the co-host Eddie White. If Eddie wasn't trying constantly to be the zany & wacky FM dj type, or borderline comedian I'd probably listen a little more. To be fair, I have not listened much in several months, but at the time I wanted to make the switch from JMV to Kravitz and Eddie because of more Pacers talk. I couldn't stomach listening to Eddie White.

Speed
12-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I use to listen to sports talk rather religiously from 1993 onto sometime last year. I got to the point where I just got sick of arrogant national host and ignorant local callers that think we can trade Jamaal Tinsley for __name someones star__. Also, tired of knee-jerk reaction with no substance behind it.

Don't get me wrong, I still listen, but no longer beyond the car.

As far as which host do a good job as far as the shows go, I do like JMV. I felt that WNDE had something special on their hands when he co-hosted Mark Patrick on Sports. To me, giving him his own show was a no brainer. The only thing that is wearing on me is that some of the callers are coming off as if they are on Jim Rome.

I'm starting to really enjoy Dakich's show. It is very strait forward and local. He is not trying to be a comedian, nor be like another national host. Too bad his show is in the middle of the day because I'm not going to get to listen when I return to work.

Kravitz and Eddie... :sigh: I actually respect Bob Kravitz more for going on the air and being able to justify/defend some of his more interesting columns on a daily basis. On air, Bobs points seem to have more context and seem "understandable" then when he makes his point in print. Too bad this is all washed away by the co-host Eddie White. If Eddie wasn't trying constantly to be the zany & wacky FM dj type, or borderline comedian I'd probably listen a little more. To be fair, I have not listened much in several months, but at the time I wanted to make the switch from JMV to Kravitz and Eddie because of more Pacers talk. I couldn't stomach listening to Eddie White.

By the way, is 950am dead yet? Their local sports show was one of the worst, sorry Grace. :(

I agree, I cringe everytime they take Indy callers about the Pacers or the Colts.

"Now that Mike Dunleaby (yes, Dunleaby) he's not so good this year is he? After that whole thing about Jim Obrien not being able to coach. Tell you what'd I'd do, I'd trade that Deiner and try to get a Lebron James type player in here to play the point guard position I don't know why they haven't even been able to think of that and you know I think that Bird could play, but her sure can't be a GM... I'll hang up and listen to your response." As I try to decide if I should drive head first into the nearest telephone poll.

On the other hand, Chicago fans are awesome. Everytime I've been able to catch sports radio out of Chicago they are crazy, but man they know their stuff. Just my opinion. I have no ties to Chicago whatsoever and I'm a life long Indy resident.

duke dynamite
12-26-2008, 04:05 PM
I really like Dakich's show. He is a lot of fun to listen to. More than "My main man" Eddie White.

Really, how many main men does Eddie White really have? HMMMM........

Major Cold
12-26-2008, 04:09 PM
In the Fort it's only the herd. I hated it for so long. But recently ifimd myself agreeing with him more and more. If my xm ever works I like czabe and kornieiser.

Tom White
12-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I think the reason JMV's callers sound like Rome's callers is that JMV tries to sound like Rome a lot of the time. Not my cup of tea.

I really like Dakich's show. So much fun. It is like listening to someone you know. Comfortable, is probably a good way to describe it.

Kravitz & Eddie? I was a big fan when it started, and I do still enjoy Kravitz (I'll duck the flying objects as I type this.). Eddie White has become as irritating to me as guys like Cowherd or Rome used to be. Actually almost more so. Kind of like when a Billy Mays commercial comes on TV. (Why oh why, can TV's be produced with filters for parental guidance and language, yet no one can make a TV with a Billy Mays filter on it?) I almost feel sorry for Kravitz having to be trapped in the same studio with him.

As far as The Zone on 950 goes, I don't listen that much anymore. Sometimes it is hard to pick it up down here in Brown County.

mildlysane
12-26-2008, 05:08 PM
I like C-Note and J-Dub most of all. Not only does JMV try to sound like Mini-Rome, he repeats himself 10 times before he goes on to something else. Also, it seems like he goes WAAAY out of his way to not appear as a homer for the Colts and Pacers. Almost to the point where he is anti-Colts and Pacers. And his "quarrel" with the Zone's crew got old LONG ago. So what if they give away game balls. It is their show. The 3:00 time slot SUX in Indy. I wish Rush would start at 3!!

Unclebuck
12-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I like whatever shows get the best guests and have the most guests - stupid callers drive me nuts.

So I like Dakich show and Eddie and Bob.

I'm not a big fan of guy talk - I like sports talk

Roaming Gnome
12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I almost forgot my favorite caller that's mad because Larry won't send Jamaal down to Fort Wayne. :suicide2:

special ed
12-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Not really sure where all these fool callers come from. I actually like listening to different POV, and I do believe all the "Coats" callers have given it up.

Blink
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Czaban is hilarious at times. I like Mike and Mike but that guy is great. I love when he does the Ray Lewis clip to lead into the NFL picks segments. Eddie White is a moron. I like JMV but he inevitably goes off on a tangent and never comes back. Most of my friends don't like Cowherd, but I do. And I like what I've heard so far form Dakich.

count55
12-26-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't listen to any of these, or Rush.

dlewyus
12-26-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't listen to any of these, or Rush.

Ditto for me. Especially Rush (worst person in the world). :laugh: