PDA

View Full Version : Kstat, what happened with Charlotte apparently taking Elden Campbell in the expa

Cactus Jax
06-23-2004, 01:18 AM
I thought it was a given that Campbell was going to be taken in the expansion draft, but that obviously didn't heppen? Does that hurt Detroit's chances to re-sign Sheed and/or Okur?

Kstat
06-23-2004, 01:24 AM
I thought it was a given that Campbell was going to be taken in the expansion draft, but that obviously didn't heppen? Does that hurt Detroit's chances to re-sign Sheed and/or Okur?

....and apparently this needed its own thread? :laugh:

we pulled the deal off the table after elden's finals success. SInce hes proven hes not a TOTAL waste of space, he actually has some trade value to teams looking to clear cap room for 2005.

we chose to leave williamson unprotected instead, which says to me Dumars probably has Elden lined up for a trade, maybe to move up in the 2nd round.

As for us resigning Memo or Sheed, it doesnt affect that. Either way we can only offer Memo the MLE, and we can still offer sheed whatever we want. Elden and corliss's salaries only affect our ability to go after OTHER players.

I keep assuming Memo is going to leave, but every day there's a quote from memo saying how badly he wants to remain on a championship team, and how much larry brown has taught him about the game. I'd think he would hate it under LB by now. The kid's got guts, ill say that.

At least no team over the cap can sign memo (yes isiah, this means you), because he;s a restricted free agent unless the offer exceedes the MLE.

Cactus Jax
06-23-2004, 01:26 AM

we pulled the deal off the table after elden's finals success. SInce hes proven hes not a TOTAL waste of space, he actually has some trade value to teams looking to clear cap room for 2005.

we chose to leave williamson unprotected instead, which says to me Dumars probably has Elden lined up for a trade, maybe to move up in the 2nd round.

As for us resigning Memo or Sheed, it doesnt affect that. Either way we can only offer Memo the MLE, and we can still offer sheed whatever we want. Elden and corliss's salaries only affect our ability to go after OTHER players.

I put up a new topic so it would get answered faster. :) Didn't know about Detroit keeping Campbell on the protected list.

Cactus Jax
06-23-2004, 01:28 AM

I put up a new topic so it would get answered faster. :) Didn't know about Detroit keeping Campbell on the protected list.

kerosene
06-23-2004, 01:30 AM
From the looks of what Charlotte took, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

wintermute
06-23-2004, 08:05 AM
true.

i'm guessing also that detroit wants elden around as insurance in case sheed and memo walk and darko doesn't pan out fast enough.