PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Has It That tmac doesn't want to play here...

JOneal7
06-22-2004, 10:32 PM
And that the rockets are the only team he'd go to? Despite a close relationship with JO. All I can say is that I'm shocked if it's true. And t-mac REALLY IS an @$$. Because he's basically forcing himself to Houston. Or it's "I won't resign here...or wherever I go" Then what? you think houston tanks there season trades everyone off so they can get a shot at you in FA? LOL
If it's true then tmac will be a rocket probably tommorow.

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 10:37 PM
:laugh:

Shade
06-22-2004, 10:45 PM
It's likely true. I find it hard to believe that the Magic would prefer to have the Houston package rather than what we offered them (if Ron was included).

This is why we never get any big-name FAs. They simply don't want to play here. :shrug:

MagicRat
06-22-2004, 11:13 PM
The rumor I heard is that TMac was desperately trying to escape a certain fanatical young fan who would constantly hound him for gear. When he found out the young fanatic was moving to Indy, he decided he'd rather not play there. Look for him to stay in peace and quiet of Orlando...... ;)

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:15 PM
This is from tomorrow's NY Times:

Indiana, which is willing to trade anyone on its roster besides Jermaine O'Neal, has been trying to engage Orlando in talks for McGrady, but the Magic has not been moved by any of its offers.

In the end, several league executives believe the trade with Houston, which would also send Tyronn Lue, Juwan Howard, Reece Gaines and possibly Andrew DeClerq to the Rockets, will eventually be made because McGrady is saying Houston is the only team he will stay with longterm.

McGrady, who is able to opt out of his contract after next season, has great leverage because he can threaten to leave any team that trades for him after just one year. If the trade happens, it is believed the Magic might turn around and trade Francis.

Looks like the only reason we may not get T-Mac is T-Mac himself. :(

Snickers
06-22-2004, 11:18 PM
The rumor I heard is that TMac was desperately trying to escape a certain fanatical young fan who would constantly hound him for gear. When he found out the young fanatic was moving to Indy, he decided he'd rather not play there. Look for him to stay in peace and quiet of Orlando...... ;)

So, what are you trying to say? What if we include aforementioned fan in the deal? :confused:

Young
06-22-2004, 11:46 PM
That's funny that TMac would say that, that's what his good buddy Jermaine O'Neal said after Isiah Thomas was fired.

61 wins later and a ECF appeance later he is a happy man. Amazing what winning will do for you, hey, there is something McGrady doesn't have expierence of, winning.

Stryder
06-22-2004, 11:51 PM
And that the rockets are the only team he'd go to? Despite a close relationship with JO. All I can say is that I'm shocked if it's true. And t-mac REALLY IS an @$$. Because he's basically forcing himself to Houston. Or it's "I won't resign here...or wherever I go" Then what? you think houston tanks there season trades everyone off so they can get a shot at you in FA? LOL
If it's true then tmac will be a rocket probably tommorow.

Dude. You sure have turned on someone for looking out for himself. It's a business.

Shouldn't a player have a say in where he goes? Yes.

kerosene
06-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Weather and Taxes.

And Yao.

JOneal7
06-23-2004, 02:13 AM

So, what are you trying to say? What if we include aforementioned fan in the deal? :confused:

Hey I know a kid who got his shoes! All i got was a wristband ;)...
lol

as for turning on Tmac...He's Turned his back on his fans. His supporters! The people who buy his shoes, clothes, jerseys....So i feel entitled to turn on him a little...I mean how could he? it's a business yes but he GAVE NO CHANCE to okafor...or the organization to rebuild. He was asking for a trade in friggin Dec! Die! BTW What happened to the pacer digest logo? LOL

King Mob
06-27-2004, 03:34 AM
Grant seems to think its a done deal:

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/sportstoryS0627GRANTHILL.htm

Hill says trade is on verge

BY JOHN DENTON FLORIDA TODAY

ORLANDO -- Grant Hill thinks that the much-debated trade involving All-Star guards Tracy McGrady and Steve Francis and others is finally going to happen.

Hill, in Houston on Saturday displaying his extensive African-American art collection at Texas Southern University, told Houston TV station KTRK that he's been informed by Orlando Magic management that the deal should become official any day now.

The trade, first leaked last week by agent Jeff Fried, will have the Magic sending McGrady, Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines to Houston for Francis, shooting guard Cuttino Mobley and center Kelvin Cato. Francis had a 20-minute phone conversation with Magic general manager John Weisbrod on Thursday night and is expected to visit Orlando this week.

"A little birdie told me it's going to happen . . . I think," Hill said with a laugh. "I think it's going to happen. . . . That's part of the business of professional sports and he's going to go on and do well here in Houston with coach (Jeff) Van Gundy and Yao Ming, and hopefully we're going to go on and do well with the guys we have. Life is about change and sometimes change is necessary, but sometimes change can be good. But I think for the Rockets and the Magic it can be good for both."

Hill admitted that he was sad that he's not going to get the chance to play alongside of McGrady for a full season. Hill signed an identical seven-year, $93 million contract as McGrady did in the summer of 2000. However, he's played just 47 games the past four seasons because of a troublesome fracture in his left ankle.

"On one hand, I'm excited about the possibility of playing with Francis, Mobley and Cato," said Hill, who didn't play at all this past season and is hoping to finally return healthy next season. "I think they can really help our ball club. With myself coming back and being healthy, the first pick and with some changes we can really turn this thing around fast and be a playoff-caliber team.

"On the flip side, I was there for four years and never had the opportunity to be healthy and really play a whole year with Tracy. So we will always wonder what could have been."

Lord Helmet
06-27-2004, 01:14 PM
I thought we were his 2nd choice.