PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Help

tinsley#11
12-15-2008, 10:46 PM
IU just released the Adobe line of products free to download for students and faculty. I decided to download photoshop to mess around with it. Does anyone know of any good tutorial websites or good place to go to get familiar with its capabilities?

duke dynamite
12-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Adobe Photoshop CS4 Classroom in a Book. Available at Borders, Amazon.com, or Barnes and Nobel.

Haggard
12-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I use tutorial outpost and tutorialized (i think, i just have them bookmarked), but saying that a lot of the same tutorials pop up on many sites.

Depending on how familiar you are with photoshop, maybe look in to doing a short course. I think the go one night a week for 8 weeks.

tinsley#11
12-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys I will look into it. DD, that book may be a good read over christmas break. Thanks again

N8R
12-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey Tinsley we need you counting more. Head over my good man.

D23
01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I am at IU as well, and I downloaded Creative Suite 4. I went ahead and registered the product with Adobe, and as an incentive I got to choose from several different rewards. One of them is a free 30-day subscription to lynda.com, which has in-depth video tutorials on all of the Adobe software. It's been really useful so far. I'm trying to learn how to use Premier. Try registering Photoshop and see if you get offered the same deal. Heck, if you can do it for each Adobe product, maybe you can get numerous 30-day subscriptions... worth a shot anyway :)

Shade
01-05-2009, 12:02 PM
It ticks me off so much that they released these for download the day after I graduated, so now I can't access them. :mad:

travmil
01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
It ticks me off so much that they released these for download the day after I graduated, so now I can't access them. :mad:

Why do you think they waited. They were trying to get their very own ROT IN HELL thread.

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I am at IU as well, and I downloaded Creative Suite 4. I went ahead and registered the product with Adobe, and as an incentive I got to choose from several different rewards. One of them is a free 30-day subscription to lynda.com, which has in-depth video tutorials on all of the Adobe software. It's been really useful so far. I'm trying to learn how to use Premier. Try registering Photoshop and see if you get offered the same deal. Heck, if you can do it for each Adobe product, maybe you can get numerous 30-day subscriptions... worth a shot anyway :)
Are they free to download? My brother goes to IU, and I may need to get this. I only have CS3 Master Collection from work as well as a personal copy of Photoshop CS4. This software is costing me a fortune since a new version is now being released so often.

Shade
01-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Are they free to download? My brother goes to IU, and I may need to get this. I only have CS3 Master Collection from work as well as a personal copy of Photoshop CS4. This software is costing me a fortune since a new version is now being released so often.

Yeah, they're free to download as long as he's a current student.

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah, they're free to download as long as he's a current student.
He is.

Shade
01-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Then you need to hook me up, too. :-p

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Then you need to hook me up, too. :-p
lol

D23
01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Just beware, *technically* your brother would only supposed to be using it on machines that he is the primary user of. That being said, I believe there is a 2-install limit on each product, since each user at IU is assigned a unique product key for each Adobe product. In other words, if your brother gives out the installer to more than one person, it will start failing because it knows when the product key is already in use.

duke dynamite
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Just beware, *technically* your brother would only supposed to be using it on machines that he is the primary user of. That being said, I believe there is a 2-install limit on each product, since each user at IU is assigned a unique product key for each Adobe product. In other words, if your brother gives out the installer to more than one person, it will start failing because it knows when the product key is already in use.
I'm well aware of licensing...lol

:P