PDA

View Full Version : Lakers radio host says T-Mac to the Pacers for Ron, Al, and Bender?

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:36 PM
From the "other" forum:

http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?s=ea6de9b4631960ae21de6c8cd6c5e174&threadid=70287

I'd still love to get T-Mac, but I would NOT do this. We would have to get something awfully good thrown in with McGrady to even consider it.

I'd still do Ron and Al in a heartbeat, though. :)

Steveman
06-22-2004, 08:40 PM
I thought this has always been on the table?

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Not happening.

If it does, I will ban myself from the Pacers forums.

zxc
06-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah I don't see that happening. If it does though.. :(

Will Galen
06-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Hahahaha. Not worth a serious comment!

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:44 PM
If the thing about Francis is true, then that leaves Orlando three options:

1) Do the trade anyway and just deal with Francis being a baby (how can he refuse to report without being penalized? didn't he sign a contract?).
2) Work out a three-way and send Francis someplace else.
3) Trade T-Mac to someone else he's willing to sign an extension with (Pacers?).

:shrug:

This whole thing is interesting, if nothing else. :laugh:

Natston
06-22-2004, 08:45 PM

Your post is misleading because you forgot the <giggle,giggle, snort>. ;)

Will Galen
06-22-2004, 08:47 PM

Your post is misleading because you forgot the <giggle,giggle, snort>. ;)

That one is just worth. <snort>

Ragnar
06-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Well the numbers dont add up so it cant be a straight up deal. Those guys make 18 million between the three of them. So I think Howard might be in the deal as has been mentioned before.

If it is really Bender, Al and Ron I would go ahead and do it. Ron is a good player but T-Mac is great. Ron did not show up durring the important part of the playoffs and Bender is well Bender.

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Well the numbers dont add up so it cant be a straight up deal. Those guys make 18 million between the three of them. So I think Howard might be in the deal as has been mentioned before.

If it is really Bender, Al and Ron I would go ahead and do it. Ron is a good player but T-Mac is great. Ron did not show up durring the important part of the playoffs and Bender is well Bender.

We'd probably end up with the Houston package for the most part:

C - Foster/Pollard
PF - O'Neal/Howard/Croshere
SF - McGrady/JJones
SG - Miller/FJones
PG - Tinsley/Johnson/Lue

If we can keep one of our SFs I would do it.

Natston
06-22-2004, 08:55 PM
and Bender is well Bender.

Thats why DW can't pull the trigger. The two biggest fan clubs will be dashed this offseason. :D

Hicks
06-22-2004, 08:56 PM
This is.... odd.

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:59 PM
This is.... odd.

Yeah, can't put much stock into it, but it's an interesting rumor.

JOneal7
06-22-2004, 10:39 PM
won't happen...***** TMAC!

Tom White
06-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Isn't the poster that started that thread (Legendary) the poster formerly known as Chauncey?

Do you suppose he is just pulling a few legs?

Shade
06-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Isn't the poster that started that thread (Legendary) the poster formerly known as Chauncey?

Do you suppose he is just pulling a few legs?

Nah -- check out the link in the thread to Lakersground, where the rumor originated.

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Um...apparently, Stephen A. Smith just reiterated this rumor. Ron, Al, and Bendy-straw for T-Mac. :uhoh:

Hicks
06-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Um...apparently, Stephen A. Smith just reiterated this rumor. Ron, Al, and Bendy-straw for T-Mac. :uhoh:

Where did he say that? ESPN?

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:32 PM

Some news station in Philly. Channel 8 or something like that? :shrug:

Hicks
06-22-2004, 11:33 PM

Where are you getting this?

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:38 PM

Where are you getting this?

Philly message boards.

Stryder
06-22-2004, 11:40 PM
won't happen...***** TMAC!

You sure have showed your true colors by turning on a player so quickly, especially when he is looking out for himself. :rolleyes:

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:41 PM
To coincide with this, channel 9 (ABC) in Orlando is apparently reporting that the Rockets deal may be off as the Magic have suddenly been hit with "better offers." Most presumably, this refers to the Suns and possibly the Pacers.

Bball
06-22-2004, 11:42 PM
McGrady remains quiet about reported trade
By BRIAN SCHMITZ and SHANNON SHELTON
The Orlando Sentinel

ORLANDO, Fla. -- While Tracy McGrady was playing baseball Tuesday night, the Orlando Magic were still mulling offers for him as a basketball player, despite reports he was being traded to the Houston Rockets.

Take me out to the old NBA trading post . . .

According to league sources, the Magic had not completed a widely reported deal that was supposed to send McGrady to the Rockets for Steve Francis in a multi-player trade.

McGrady was in his hometown of Auburndale, Fla., on Tuesday night, pitching and playing shortstop for the "Marvelous Macs" in a modified baseball league. The baseball is larger and softer to prevent injury and pitchers cannot throw more than 60 mph, their speed measured by a radar gun.

McGrady's team lost, 10-9, to Apple No. 2 in a recreation league.

When asked about his situation with the Magic, he laughed, "I don't know what you're talking about."

All he would talk about was the national pastime. The National Basketball Association pastime is wondering where T-Mac is headed.

Whether Magic General Manager John Weisbrod was trying to leverage a better deal for McGrady--or balking on the Rockets' deal--was not known. But why the hold-up?

Weisbrod did not return calls for the second consecutive day.

McGrady also has been linked with the Indiana Pacers and the Phoenix Suns. Pacers President Larry Bird said Tuesday that his team made the Magic a better offer than Houston did.

It apparently wasn't enough.

"Take nothing away from the guys that have been traded (supposedly by the Rockets to Orlando). I like our guys," Bird told The Associated Press. "I know our guys are talented and hard workers, but when you go after Tracy McGrady, you have to give up something, and the price was just too high for us."

Bird did add, however, "We hear that Tracy's probably going to Houston, but you never know, something might happen. If he's out there, we're going to go after him."

League sources also say that if a trade between Orlando and Houston goes through, one or all of the Rockets players--Francis, forward-center Kelvin Kato and guard Cuttino Mobley--might be shipped to other teams at some point.

One thing is clear: The Magic are prepared to deal any of their players except Grant Hill, Keith Bogans and Pat Garrity.

Juwan Howard, who has five years left on his contract, is supposedly part of the McGrady trade, along with point guards Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines.

But there are obviously some issues with the proposed trade. While the Magic and the Rockets talked Tuesday afternoon, McGrady was having fun.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2642275

Young
06-22-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm sure as hell glad i'm not in charge here like Bird is.

I'd probably pull the trigger on a Artest/Harrington/Bender for McGrady/Howard. [And I hate Howard]

I want TMac that bad.

But that is my personal feeling and I know it will never happen and I know that it is not best for this team.

Zesty
06-22-2004, 11:45 PM
One thing is clear: The Magic are prepared to deal any of their players except Grant Hill, Keith Bogans and Pat Garrity.

I know it doesn't really matter, but am I the only one who was confused by this sentence? :confused:

Young
06-22-2004, 11:56 PM

I know it doesn't really matter, but am I the only one who was confused by this sentence? :confused:

No.

I know they want to keep Bogans, they really like him, but Hill, is he retired yet? And then Garrity? Has he, well, do they really like him that much?

I think I was just confussing. My head really hurts. I really do feel like a pizza for real 2nite. Damn it its already 11.

Snickers
06-22-2004, 11:56 PM

Not at all. When I think of three players I'd want to build my franchise around, I think of Grant Hill, Keith Bogans and Pat Garrity.

:uhoh:

Natston
06-22-2004, 11:58 PM

Not at all. When I think of three players I'd want to build my franchise around, I think of Grant Hill, Keith Bogans and Pat Garrity.

:uhoh:

Pat Garrity is the shiznit... :arrgh:

Zesty
06-22-2004, 11:59 PM
Alright, as long as it wasn't just me. Those hardly seem like untouchable guys, especially Hill. If they could find someone willing to take on his contract they'd be stupid not to do it (unless it brings in contracts that last even longer).

Anthem
06-23-2004, 12:37 AM
If we trade Bender/Al/Ron at the same time, we have nobody to bundle with Pollard!