PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats are REALLY gonna stink

PacerCrazy
06-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I know this may seem obvious but looking at thier selection they are really going to be bad. I know this is expected but I am not sure that having a whole team full of 1 to 3 years of experience players has any chance at being competitive. I think the Cavs are a good example of how even with King James they REALLY struggled until they got some veterans in there and then they did pretty well. Why aren't they picking up at least one cheap veteran? Maybe they will with one of the last picks...

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Only a few of these guys will even make the Bobcats roster opening day. They'll be pretty bad for a couple of years unless one of these unexpectedly turns into an all-star.

Snickers
06-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I'll say it, since no one else will.

Primoz Brezec will average a near-double-double starting on the Bobcats.

:neutral:

TheSauceMaster
06-22-2004, 07:58 PM

Aren't the Bobcats Taking White ? I would think He would be the Starting Center.

Jose Slaughter
06-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Do turnovers & fouls count? :P :)

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Do turnovers & fouls count?

Well, fouls wouldn't work. I'm thinking more like turnovers and minutes eating peanut butter...

Kstat
06-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Their top SG is tamar Slay. Thats sad.

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Well, they will have Howard or Okafur...at least maybe they will be good.

PacerCrazy
06-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Nope no chance...LOL

Snickers
06-22-2004, 08:19 PM

Aren't the Bobcats Taking White ? I would think He would be the Starting Center.

Blasphemy!!! How dare ye compare Peanut Butter to such a lowly barrel-bottom journeyman!? :mad:

Yeah, you might be right. :neutral:

But guys, remember, "near" double-double is over 5 in two categories. So fouls could work. :cool:

Chambizzle
06-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Hey... least now we all have a very bad team to build in franchise mode on the next NBA Live :D

Young
06-22-2004, 11:40 PM

With minuates of the bench and time getting players gatorade? ;)

Anthem
06-23-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm amazed.

Even keeping with players that made the minimum, there were quality players out there (or at least prospects). They're not making the most of this opportunity, IMO.

wintermute
06-23-2004, 07:55 AM
well obviously the roster right now doesn't look pretty.

but they will be adding okafor.

brezec will average a double double off the bench :P

and choosing all those young, cheap players means that they have cap money to spend on fa's.

all is not lost yet for the fledgling bobcats.

(hmm "fledgling" and "bobcat" together doesn't seem right. bobkittens?
:blush: )

Slick Pinkham
06-23-2004, 07:57 AM
I think those of you agonizing over the loss of Primoz Brezac can now focus upon the free agent plight of Bruno Sundov.

Snickers
06-23-2004, 10:13 AM
I think those of you agonizing over the loss of Primoz Brezac can now focus upon the free agent plight of Bruno Sundov.

You just had to bring him up again, didn't you? :cry:

Suaveness
06-23-2004, 10:27 AM

You just had to bring him up again, didn't you? :cry:

Bruno who? :rolleyes:

I don't exactly see him catching front page headlines...and Primoz won't either...

Unclebuck
06-23-2004, 10:42 AM
All expansion teams stink.

Anyone know the records for each of these most recent expansion teams. here is off the top of my head memory of what these teams won their first seasons

Raptors -
Grizzlies -
Heat -
T-Wolves
Hornets
Magic

I think the T-Wolves won 31 games which was by far the best. They drafted veterans and had Bill Muselman as coach. All the other teams won either less than 20 or the low 20's

sweabs
06-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Well, I have to update my Bobcats team on NBA Live...what do you guys think the starting line-up will be?

efx
06-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, we need them to set some new records :)

DisplacedKnick
06-23-2004, 12:51 PM
If T-mac leaves they'll be better than Orlando. They still have a lot of flexibility. I'd see them winning from 12-18.

Pachulia, Hunter, Drobnjak, Wallace and White are all decent players. They need a PG and a shooter or two.

MSA2CF
06-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Before the season begins, a contest needs to be held in which we all guess how many wins the Bobcats will earn this year. :thumbsup:?

Kstat
06-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Before the season begins, a contest needs to be held in which we all guess how many wins the Bobcats will earn this year. :thumbsup:?

my guess is eight.

MSA2CF
06-23-2004, 04:21 PM

my guess is eight.

:spitout:

Would you like to wait until you even know who's on the team?

DisplacedKnick
06-23-2004, 04:27 PM

my guess is eight.

Please - they're in the EC aren't they? Have you looked at just how bad the bottom 10 teams are gonna be?

Maybe the bottom 8 - the Wizards and Cavs might be OK too.

Kstat
06-23-2004, 04:34 PM

my guess is eight.

Please - they're in the EC aren't they? Have you looked at just how bad the bottom 10 teams are gonna be?

Maybe the bottom 8 - the Wizards and Cavs might be OK too.

Look at this starting 5.

C-White
PF-Howard
SF-Wallace
SG-Slay
PG-Bremer

The Atlanta HAWKS would dismantle that team and have it for dinner.

if the Bobcats dont pick up at least TWO quality free agents, that is quite possibly the LEAST talented team I've ever seen.