PDA

View Full Version : 2004 PD Forum Awards - Most Pessimistic Poster - indytoad!

Hicks
06-22-2004, 04:44 PM
From now until 3PM Wednesday (I will try to make this go by that time every weekday), everyone has their chance to vote for the 2004 Most Pessimistic Poster.

The Nominees Are:
efx
indytoad
Kstat
Shade
zxc

Kstat
06-22-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm not even sure why we need to vote over this one. :laugh:

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 04:46 PM
I always have a hard time keeping the 'alphabet guys', efx and zxc, separate.

Can somebody help me learn the difference between these guys?

Shade
06-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Toad will win this one in a landslide. Others will get votes, but they shouldn't. :laugh:

Personally, I'm probably third-most pessimistic amongst the nominees, behind Toad and zxc. ;)

Now, if we trade Ron for Bonzi, I may be climbing the polls very quickly... :mad:

Hicks
06-22-2004, 04:49 PM

zxc is classicly known for pointing out something negative during the game, and loves using this to end each statement: =/

Kstat
06-22-2004, 04:51 PM
efx always struck me as more "realistic" than negative.

Kstat
06-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Ok, who are the knuckleheads that voted for shade :laugh:

Hoop
06-22-2004, 04:52 PM

It doesn't matter, nobody can beat the Toad.

Shade

zxc is very similar to Toad in his pessimism concerning the Pacers, but slightly less vocal. Most of his posts sport a "=/"

efx is pessimistic about pretty much everything. I don't think I've ever read a post of his that wasn't pessimistic to some degree. :laugh:

Come to think of it, I'm not as pessimistic as him either. :p

Unclebuck
Shade, I nominated you for this category, but I could have nominated you for the most optimistic also, you run hot and cold.

But I voted for Indytoad, Pacers might beat the Spurs by 15 points and he would be pessimistic about something. Don't change though, we need all kinds

DisplacedKnick
06-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure how kstat even made this one.

ChicagoJ

zxc is classicly known for pointing out something negative during the game, and loves using this to end each statement: =/

That's right, he primarily posts during games, and I rarely get to...

I know which lilly pad that my vote is going to 'hop' to.

Mourning
There really can't be ANY doubt towards the outcome of this one :bored:

Kstat
06-22-2004, 04:54 PM

Me neither :confused:

Shade
06-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Shade, I nominated you for this category, but I could have nominated you for the most optimistic also, you run hot and cold.

But I voted for Indytoad, Pacers might beat the Spurs by 15 points and he would be pessimistic about something. Don't change though, we need all kinds

Take that back! :mad:

Thanks. :)

:disturbed:

Shade
06-22-2004, 04:55 PM

I think it was pretty much your famous "We (the Pistons) suck! We may as well call it a year!" speech pre-Sheed that got you in. :laugh:

Hicks
06-22-2004, 04:57 PM

There were basically the "big 4" with a lot of nominations, then Kstat just has like 1 more vote than the sea of people who got 1 or 2.

Shade
06-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Looks like I have a couple fans. :laugh:

This will make me 0-5 on award nominations this year. :laugh: :cry: :shrug:

Hey...maybe that should win a forum award... ;) :devil:

MagicRat

I did, on the strength of the most memorably pessimistic post of the year, IMO....

Miami will win this series. And in 6 games, I might add. Backdoor sweep..........

......When this is all done and we've suffered another in a long line of playoff failures and underachievements, Miami will go on to get swept by the Nets, who will in turn be swept by the Lakers.

It sucks to be an NBA fan.

Kstat

I think it was pretty much your famous "We (the Pistons) suck! We may as well call it a year!" speech pre-Sheed that got you in. :laugh:

I figured that might be it.

Still, does anyone here think we ould have won the east WITHOUT Rasheed? I mean, I still dont think it was an unrealistic thing to say, even now.

Shade
06-22-2004, 05:01 PM

I did, on the strength of the most memorably pessimistic post of the year, IMO....

Miami will win this series. And in 6 games, I might add. Backdoor sweep..........

......When this is all done and we've suffered another in a long line of playoff failures and underachievements, Miami will go on to get swept by the Nets, who will in turn be swept by the Lakers.

Swanson? Oh, here it is....Samsonite. I was waaaaay off. :laugh: :blush:

Kstat
06-22-2004, 05:01 PM

I TOTALLY forgot about that post...... :o

That probably moves him up to #2 on my list, but it would take a LOT more to pass up IndyToad....

Shade
06-22-2004, 05:02 PM
I guess I'm suffering from Bender syndrome. One big post does not overshadow a full season of consistant pessimism. ;) :laugh:

Kstat
06-22-2004, 05:04 PM
IndyToad is like the shaq of pessimism. People can have brilliant flashes of negativity every now and then, but at the end of the day there's no doubt who the most dominant force is. :D

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 05:05 PM
I guess I'm suffering from Bender syndrome. One big post does not overshadow a full season of consistant pessimism. ;) :laugh:

I dunno, that's kinda your "Christmas Day" game. :P

I remembered that post, and you had several similar comments that week. Now that you've shown the potential, we'll expect you to deliver on a consistent basis next season. :unimpressed:

Shade
06-22-2004, 05:07 PM
Woo-hoo! Second-place! :rockon:

Wait... :confused: :hmm: :mad: :unimpressed:

Shade
06-22-2004, 05:08 PM

I dunno, that's kinda your "Christmas Day" game. :P

I remembered that post, and you had several similar comments that week. Now that you've shown the potential, we'll expect you to deliver on a consistent basis next season. :unimpressed:

Pacers suck. Why should we even try? The Pistons will just sweep us next time. SEASON OVER. :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed: :unimpressed:

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Personally, I feel if you've ever read a game thread, you can't not vote for zxc.

:confused:

Hicks
06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Personally, I feel if you've ever read a game thread, you can't not vote for zxc.

indytoad will make you forget all about zxc.

BostonConnection
06-22-2004, 05:25 PM

But that's only because zxc tends to post more in game threads than Toad does. I keep an eye on the game chats while the game thread is going on, and have witnessed posts by IT that even had zxc taking a step back and saying, "whoa, that's a little too much even for me"! :laugh:

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Well, the difference IMO is I've seen Toad write funny stuff, and thoughtful stuff, he's not pessimistic all the time. I can't say I've ever seen a non-pessimistic post from zxc.

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 05:30 PM
hold on...wasn't i on this before? or is that something else?

anyway i vote indytoad

ChicagoJ
06-22-2004, 05:31 PM

anyway i vote indytoad

That's right, you were. Common sense must have prevailed.

Will Galen
06-22-2004, 05:33 PM
IndyToad is like the shaq of pessimism. People can have brilliant flashes of negativity every now and then, but at the end of the day there's no doubt who the most dominant force is. :D

Great post! Had me laughing out loud. (It's ok during the day though.)

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 05:42 PM

anyway i vote indytoad

That's right, you were. Common sense must have prevailed.

C..C...Common S..Sense??? :peak:

:jawdrop:

Natston
06-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Shade almost got my vote because of his premature game thread rants but Toad is the clear cut winner IMO.

Shade
06-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Shade almost got my vote because of his premature game thread rants but Toad is the clear cut winner IMO.

Apparently my "A" game just wasn't enough. :(

No wonder I can't get off the friggin' bench. :unimpressed:

Natston
06-22-2004, 05:59 PM

Apparently my "A" game just wasn't enough. :(

No wonder I can't get off the friggin' bench. :unimpressed:

Don't worry, you have lots of "potential"... :devil:

bulletproof
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM

I voted for Shade. You can't tell that IndyToad's whole pessimism thing is an act? Shade's the real highly manic deal.

sweabs
06-22-2004, 06:33 PM
There is no way Indytoad can lose this one.

Kstat
06-22-2004, 06:35 PM

I can see it now..."15 seconds to go, Shade puts up a three-pointer, its good! Shade steals the inbounds pass, tries another three...thats good again!.......

......and Indytoad's lead has been cut to 25 votes! :D "

zxc
06-22-2004, 06:48 PM

I voted for Shade. You can't tell that IndyToad's whole pessimism thing is an act? Shade's the real highly manic deal.

Yeah IndyToad never seems serious, some of his posts just way over the top. Even I had to go with Shade, seems like he is really about to jump off a bridge or something sometimes when things aren't going well.

As for me, well, suppose not even being in contention is a good thing? Maybe =\

TheSauceMaster
06-22-2004, 06:54 PM
I think Toad just post like that to get you guys worked up , I have talked to toad outside of the forum and he's nothing like what I have seen here , so I think it's all a game.

ABADays
06-22-2004, 07:02 PM

Hehehehe! :devil:

ABADays
06-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Shade, I dub thee "Most Volatile Game Chat Poster".

ABADays
06-22-2004, 07:07 PM

Hicks
06-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Shade, I dub thee "Most Volatile Game Thread Poster".

I thought you were the one I terrified during a certain Raptors game? Or was that someone else on here?

ABADays
06-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Me? I will not be intimidated by game chat thugs!

Kstat
06-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Me? I will not be intimidated by game chat thugs!

Just give it time...... :devil:

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:13 PM

I can see it now..."15 seconds to go, Shade puts up a three-pointer, its good! Shade steals the inbounds pass, tries another three...thats good again!.......

......and Indytoad's lead has been cut to 25 votes! :D "

:laugh: I'm gaining ground! It's down to 10! :laugh:

I should have voted for myself... :uhoh:

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:14 PM

You think that's bad, you should see me during the game... :mad: :blush:

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:15 PM
I think Toad just post like that to get you guys worked up , I have talked to toad outside of the forum and he's nothing like what I have seen here , so I think it's all a game.

I'm only that way during or immediately following a game. I'm a very optimistic person otherwise. :blush:

Natston
06-22-2004, 08:19 PM

I'm only that way during or immediately following a game. I'm a very optimistic person otherwise. :blush:

Whatever... :unimpressed:

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah, that's right! I voted.

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:30 PM

Whatever... :unimpressed:

:peace:

Ragnar
06-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Hands down its got to be the toad. :bowdown: He is the Michael Jordan of pessimism.

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Hands down its got to be the toad. :bowdown: He is the Michael Jordan of pessimism.

I guess that makes me Kobe. :laugh: :unimpressed: :(

Ragnar
06-22-2004, 08:49 PM

If you insist. :P

Natston
06-22-2004, 08:51 PM

I wouldn't go around telling everyone that... ;) :uhoh:

bulletproof
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Look people, IndyToad is just pulling everyone's leg. Shade is a genuine, bonafide, good god almighty pessimist.

Hicks
06-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Look people, IndyToad is just pulling everyone's leg. Shade is a genuine, bonafide, good god almighty pessimist.

Actually, he's bipolar.

Shade
06-22-2004, 08:56 PM

Am not. :p

bulletproof
06-22-2004, 10:12 PM

As this forum's most argumentative poster, I have to say...

Are to.

Shade
06-22-2004, 10:13 PM

Are to.

Touche.

Snickers
06-22-2004, 10:16 PM

Are to.

Classic! :D

Too bad you're wrong.

bulletproof
06-22-2004, 10:45 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not.

Shade
06-22-2004, 10:47 PM
:tongue:

Snickers
06-22-2004, 10:49 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not.

Are too!

My font is bigger, I win! :D

Shade
06-22-2004, 10:50 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not.

Are too!

Well...it would be bigger if you had done it right. :laugh:

Shade
06-22-2004, 10:54 PM

Actually, he's bipolar.

If we have a most optimistic poster award, I should be on that ballot too. :laugh: :unimpressed:

Snickers
06-22-2004, 10:56 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not.

Are too!

Damn you!! Stop trying to make me look bad by obviously changing my post!! :mad:

MagicRat
06-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Are to.

Are too.

Who has the correct usage of to/too? I keep going back and forth on it......(since bp has corrected somebody on to/too/two, I trust he wouldn't use the wrong form)......

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Are to.

Are too.

Who has the correct usage of to/too? I keep going back and forth on it......(since bp has corrected somebody on to/too/two, I trust he wouldn't use the wrong form)......

Are too. :)

Snickers
06-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Are to.

Are too.

Hmm.... good question. I'm normally a proponent of proper grammar; I'm gonna check on that.... :hmm:

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Are to.

Are too.

Hmm.... good question. I'm normally a proponent of proper grammar; I'm gonna check on that.... :hmm:

I'm pretty sure it's "Are too." :)

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:08 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not.

Are too!

Damn you!! Stop trying to make me look bad by obviously changing my post!! :mad:

Obviously, I didn't have to try very hard... :laugh:

MagicRat
06-22-2004, 11:10 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not.

Are too!

I liked the version where you hid your response right in the middle of that mess better!....... :P

Snickers
06-22-2004, 11:16 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not. Ok, maybe you're right. Why do you have to be such a genius all the time?? :cry:

Are too!

I liked the version where you hid your response right in the middle of that mess better!....... :P

Man, all this quoting business is getting tiring. I think we should call this match, since bulletproof already conceded victory to me. :P

Shade
06-22-2004, 11:18 PM

Are to.

Too bad you're wrong.

Am not.

Are too!

:laugh:

I was like :wtf: when I thought I had just direct-quoted and my reply disappeared. :laugh:

Stryder
06-22-2004, 11:43 PM
I voted Shade.

I believe Toad's schtick is to be pessimistic, so I couldn't vote for him.

I don't know how KStat got nominated for this category. :confused:

I don't know too much of the other guys.

Good luck, Shade!

May the force be with you!

Peck
06-23-2004, 03:37 AM
I'm just so proud that neither Bball or myself are even considered for this anymore.

If I'm not mistaken didn't you (bball) win this a couple of times over on the starforum?

Either way, whooo hoo I'm officially a member of the sunshine brigade.

indytoad
06-23-2004, 04:20 AM
This is my time to shine, Shade-man! I've worked hard all year for this moment and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you take it away from me!

*beats Shade off the stage with a stick*

IndyToad
In Sweedish. Really.

Suaveness
06-23-2004, 09:29 AM
This is my time to shine, Shade-man! I've worked hard all year for this moment and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you take it away from me!

*beats Shade off the stage with a stick*

IndyToad
In Sweedish. Really.

You should just let sakura do that.

Hicks
06-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Shade is gaining on toad :uhoh:

Hicks
06-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Final Results:

efx
0% [ 0 ]
indytoad
51% [ 30 ]
Kstat
3% [ 2 ]
Shade
39% [ 23 ]
zxc
5% [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 58

Congrats, indytoad

Kegboy
06-23-2004, 05:00 PM
So does he get a title, too?

Or is it 'to'?

BillS
06-23-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm just so proud that neither Bball or myself are even considered for this anymore.

If I'm not mistaken didn't you (bball) win this a couple of times over on the starforum?

Either way, whooo hoo I'm officially a member of the sunshine brigade.

"Hear that, Elizabeth? I'm comin' to join ya'!"

Unclebuck
06-23-2004, 05:19 PM
Bball did win this at least once, and Peck you were always in the runing for this award.

But this past year there was not too much to be pessimistic about.