PDA

View Full Version : So...

Shade
06-22-2004, 04:18 PM
If Charlotte takes Primoz and the Cleveland trade goes down, we're looking at a line-up of:

C - Foster/Pollard
PF - O'Neal/Croshere
SF - Artest/Bender/JJones
SG - Miller/FJones/Jackson/Wagner
PG - Tinsley/Ollie

So, we shift our logjam to the 2 instead of the 3? :hmm:

I don't get it. :shrug:

Suaveness
06-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Don't forget resigning AJ.

I really don't think we need Ollie and Wagner. Give us a big man instead.

Slick Pinkham
06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Reggie retires within a year, Fred and Dajuan learn to play more and more at the point, Ollie becomes seldomly used,

and it's not so bad.

Obviously another 4/5 would be needed, such as Blount for the mid level exception.

indygeezer
06-22-2004, 04:25 PM
uh did I miss something? Where's Jamison Brewer on your list?

Slick Pinkham
06-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Ollie is not really useful but he is a "poison pill" to make the deal work.

His contract is long and a little high for someone with "veteran miniumum" skill level.

I think to make the deal work Cleveland would insist that we take him. They like Diop, so I guess we can't get him.

Shade
06-22-2004, 04:36 PM
AJ and Siggy are currently FAs, so I didn't include them. Re-signing both of them also creates a massive logjam at the 1.

Reggie retires within a year, Fred and Dajuan learn to play more and more at the point, Ollie becomes seldomly used,

and it's not so bad.

Obviously another 4/5 would be needed, such as Blount for the mid level exception.

So, where does that leave Luke Jackson? We're gonna trade Al for a 3rd string SG, a 4th string SG, and a 3rd string PG? :wtf:

Slick Pinkham
06-22-2004, 04:40 PM
no...trade your 2nd best SF for

your best 2G (Jackson or Snyder)

your 2nd best PG (Wagner)

and a towel-waver (Ollie)

Shade
06-22-2004, 04:44 PM

If we move Wagner to the point, we have no need to re-sign AJ or Siggy (certainly not both). I think Brewer is done as a Pacer.

Luke would be third-string at the 2 this year. Then, what...back-up to Freddie? Will Luke move to starter after Reg retires in a year? It seems to me that Bird is putting an awful lot of faith in a rookie, especially for someone who believes it's now time to "get serious" about winning a championship.

Mourning
06-22-2004, 05:09 PM

If we move Wagner to the point, we have no need to re-sign AJ or Siggy (certainly not both). I think Brewer is done as a Pacer.

Luke would be third-string at the 2 this year. Then, what...back-up to Freddie? Will Luke move to starter after Reg retires in a year? It seems to me that Bird is putting an awful lot of faith in a rookie, especially for someone who believes it's now time to "get serious" about winning a championship.

My thoughts too, I dont want another rookie, I want EXPERIENCE!!! No rookie mistakes in the middle of important play-off games.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

kerosene
06-23-2004, 01:11 AM
Snyder would be a nice pick there if he can keep his head on straight.

wintermute
06-23-2004, 07:59 AM
the guard depth chart would look something more like this i think:

sg: miller/f.jones/rookie
pg: tinsley/wagner

wagner's not really a pg, but play him with fred and he should be ok. reggie will get the ceremonial start, but i expect the rookie would be good enough to take his spot. note that rookie will remain nameless for now (though i do like luke)