PDA

View Full Version : are we barking up the wrong tree? has DW sidestepped us to ?

able
06-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Let's take a short look at history and calculate how many times we have been right about what DW was gonna do.

A draft pick ? never.

A trade ? right, never.

In the case of a trade no more then a few hours before the final announcement have we found out.
Now let's see what trades were we following, what are we discarding and what are we grosly overlooking,

1. we followed the TMac story, funny, now the "buzZ" has it that he is going to Houston mainly beacuse rumour has it he doesn't want to go to Indy.
weird because not to long ago he was quoted as saying that was one of his favorites, but let's assume that indeed all of a sudden there is no contact between Orlando and Indy and that it's true that Orlando prefers taking Franchise who's unwilling over talent like Harrington and whatever we offered.
Now we all discarded that and who knows what comes out of a rabid's hat :)

I for one think that they are still in hot pursuit, that the trade with Houston is not as attractive as the press makes it and that Orlando is scratching it's ears on whether they would want franchise or are able to move him on straight away, no good keeping someone who doesn't want to be there :)

In all those rumours, have you heard yet where Franchise would go to?
Neither have I so lloosen up on those :)

Ok now we are trading AL for a #10 pick to Cleveland

oh yeah and get Ollie back,..... didn't we let him go once already ?
Do we remember what he did in the playoffs again NJ ? OK we cna love the fella, hard worker, good team player, but nothing more then AJ.
(at a slightly higher price though)

Back to Rumours, are there any I forgot ? obviously but they are not as wdiespread and carried except for one that died in silence all of a sudden, Pacers Bulls.

Now it is the ones that go silent and the ones not discussed that I prime my ear for, as I think that all the "leaking" is nothing but trying to find the right partner and setting the right price.
nonsense ones like Artest for Wells we can discard straight away, let's have some respect for the track record of DW here.

SO who are teh players that we are hearing little about all of a sudden or who are we sure not to get?

TMac: going to Houston (yeah yeah once i see the press conference of the announcement i believe that one)
Pierce: half a season of trade talks and now he is the Franchise player? pffft
Allen, Seatle does not want him to go, where did we hear that last??
J or Q Rich, once or twice in a combi mentioned but that is all. though players I am sure DW/LB have enquired after :D

Oh yeah i forgot a few here, but in general you get the gest.
The loudest Indy trade rumours are the least likely to happen, the loudest no Indy rumours have a chance and those you hear nothing about are the most likely to occur.

Now come up with some "reaonable" trade ideas :D

:stupid:

Bball
06-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Now it is the ones that go silent and the ones not discussed that I prime my ear for, as I think that all the "leaking" is nothing but trying to find the right partner and setting the right price.
nonsense ones like Artest for Wells we can discard straight away, let's have some respect for the track record of DW here.

Actually, we rarely get the 'perfect fit' players but instead either the:
"Could be a perfect fit if he gets his act together" or the "just what the Pacers could use if he still has game left at his age" players. So Bonzi isn't all that out of the question.

I agree with the overall premise that we have no idea right now.... tho I am still sticking with rating Pierce as a higher possibility.

-Bball

Hicks
06-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Pierce has remained completely off the media radar in regards to trades (that Ive heard, I know none regrading him coming to us have been mentioned), and I happen to know we've talked with Boston about him (don't ask ;) ), so I'm a little hopeful there.

ahhteeth
06-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Actually, we rarely get the 'perfect fit' players but instead either the:
"Could be a perfect fit if he gets his act together" or the "just what the Pacers could use if he still has game left at his age" players. So Bonzi isn't all that out of the question.

I agree with the overall premise that we have no idea right now.... tho I am still sticking with rating Pierce as a higher possibility.

-Bball

I totally agree with you BBall, now that it looks like TMac is out of the picture I can definately see DW or Bird pulling off a trade much like the one that landed us O'neal, trade for a younger unproven player that has dangerous potential.

A few of these options:
1. Dajuan Wagner (age 21) - Injuries bothered him last year, but is still young and full of talent.

2. Q Rich (age 24) - all though he is more well known that wagner we could still get him with keeping our core intact.

3. Loren Woods (age 26) - Kind of off the wall, but i've loved this kid ever since his 'zona days and could add some height to our roster if we lose PB in the expansion draft.

feel free to add a few more of these players, its kind of fun to try to guess how they could develop for us.

Kstat
06-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Loren Woods :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wagner I guess has some potential, and every team in the NBA wants Q-Rich, but Woods..... :unimpressed:

The only way he starts for a pro team is if its the NBDL.

ahhteeth
06-22-2004, 02:22 PM

Wagner I guess has some potential, and every team in the NBA wants Q-Rich, but Woods..... :unimpressed:

yea yea yea for some reason i like the kid. But i'm sure some people say the same thing about PB or bender.

Kstat
06-22-2004, 02:24 PM

yea yea yea for some reason i like the kid. But i'm sure some people say the same thing about PB or bender.

Yeah but Bender was taken #5 in the draft, while Woods was barely taken at all.

As for PB......lets just say I'd pay money to see him go 1-on-1 with Woods :D

Will Galen
06-22-2004, 02:28 PM

How about Darko against Bender? :)

Kstat
06-22-2004, 02:31 PM

How about Darko against Bender? :)

:laugh:

"Darko vs. Bender: coming to an arena near you, just give them one more year!"

Hoop
06-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Woods couldn't even get of the bench in Miami, a team in desparate need for a center...... any center.

Ollie has got to be the most overrated guy that has ever played for the Pacers, at least on this board he is.

I'm feeling ill :puke:

ahhteeth
06-22-2004, 02:38 PM
4. J.R. Bremer (age 23) - Didn't watch him much last year but when he was a Cav i remember thinking he had an outside shot. I think he may be a free-agent it might be someone we could pick up real cheap.

Kstat
06-22-2004, 02:40 PM
4. J.R. Bremer (age 23) - Didn't watch him much last year but when he was a Cav i remember thinking he had an outside shot. I think he may be a free-agent it might be someone we could pick up real cheap.

Bremer is a nice 3-point shooter. Just dont expect him to do any more complicated tasks, you know, like dribbling or passing.

Unclebuck
06-22-2004, 02:45 PM
The handwriting was on the wall and the rumors were very prevalent for a few weeks prior to Rose being traded. That was not a surprise to anyone who followed the Pacers

ahhteeth
06-22-2004, 02:46 PM
5. Jiri Welsch (age 24) - a pure shooter and i could definately see Bird pulling off a trade with Boston this offseason.

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 02:48 PM
The handwriting was on the wall and the rumors were very prevalent for a few weeks prior to Rose being traded. That was not a surprise to anyone who followed the Pacers

Yeah. I had been demanding that trade for months.

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 02:50 PM
5. Jiri Welsch (age 24) - a pure shooter and i could definately see Bird pulling off a trade with Boston this offseason.

Man, you've got to slow down that avatar. Motion sickness...:puke:

Yeah, I agree. I like Jiri and I think Danny will be willing to do what Larry wants since he gave the Pistons R. Wallace. ;)

Kstat
06-22-2004, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I agree. I like Jiri and I think Danny will be willing to do what Larry wants since he gave the Pistons R. Wallace. ;)

Why do people keep speaking about that trade like it was ainge that traded rasheed? If Rasheed was on his team, I dont think he would have traded him.

BTW good luck getting a white player away from Boston......Welsch, LaFrentz, Mihm...anyone else here see a pattern in Ainge's aquisitions? ;)

ABADays
06-22-2004, 03:50 PM
1. Dajuan Wagner (age 21) - Injuries bothered him last year, but is still young and full of talent.

Insert Jonathan Bender.

Eindar
06-22-2004, 03:50 PM

Why do people keep speaking about that trade like it was ainge that traded rasheed? If Rasheed was on his team, I dont think he would have traded him.

BTW good luck getting a white player away from Boston......Welsch, LaFrentz, Mihm...anyone else here see a pattern in Ainge's aquisitions? ;)

Well, no more of a pattern than has been seen in Utah for the past 2 decades...

Zesty
06-22-2004, 03:51 PM

Insert Jonathan Bender.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Juanny Wags would be up for that.

ahhteeth
06-22-2004, 07:42 PM

Insert Jonathan Bender.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Juanny Wags would be up for that.

lol :laugh: I was thinking the same thing