PDA

View Full Version : Michigan 81, Duke 73

Kstat
12-06-2008, 05:27 PM
OK, so we won our ACC game 3 days too late. Sue us :D

Even a .500 big 10 season should get us into the big dance now. At least, I hope it will.

Deshawn Sims has improved under Belien like he NEVER would have under Amaker. He beatsed the entire Duke frontline

DisplacedKnick
12-06-2008, 07:49 PM
I had to check the score to make sure you weren't hallucinating or something. I'm gonna have to start paying attention to Michigan - had sort of figured on another rebuilding year for you guys.

Kegboy
12-06-2008, 08:41 PM
On behalf of all Purdue fans, I would like to apologize to the entire Big-10 for costing us the ACC challenge this year. It's really embarrasing that Michigan could do what we couldn't. :blush:

grace
12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
On behalf of all Purdue fans, I would like to apologize to the entire Big-10 for costing us the ACC challenge this year. It's really embarrasing that Michigan could do what we couldn't. :blush:

Well, for the sanity for a couple of our relatives I guess it's O.K. they won. They've got enough other things on their plates so I don't think they'd gloat.

Kstat
12-07-2008, 10:14 AM
I had to check the score to make sure you weren't hallucinating or something. I'm gonna have to start paying attention to Michigan - had sort of figured on another rebuilding year for you guys.

Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims are as good a 1-2 punch as there is right now in the big 10. As long as they stay healthy,U-M can compete with anybody.

I don't think they will be in contention to win the conference, but a top-4 finish isn't out of the question if the supporting cast develops, and next year everyone will be back.

I really, really, can't wait for next season.

DisplacedKnick
12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims are as good a 1-2 punch as there is right now in the big 10. As long as they stay healthy,U-M can compete with anybody.

I don't think they will be in contention to win the conference, but a top-4 finish isn't out of the question if the supporting cast develops, and next year everyone will be back.

With the exception of Calasan & Green everyone will be back for us too. I've been pointing to next season for a while now and IMO it hinges on Johnson. He's showing signs (even vs Duke he was 4-of-6 for 12) and if he can become an above-average post player we'll be dangerous. If not we'll be pretty, win a bunch of games and get booted from the NCAA's in the 2nd or 3rd rd when someone pressures our shooters to where shots don't drop. And Painter needs to sign at least one more big man (probably a transfer) - not sure Robinson and Bade are enough.

Maybe we'll get back to MU-PU fighting it out at the top again. That stretch in the 90's were fun years.

Trader Joe
12-07-2008, 02:25 PM

Join the club.

Trader Joe
12-07-2008, 02:28 PM
With the exception of Calasan & Green everyone will be back for us too. I've been pointing to next season for a while now and IMO it hinges on Johnson. He's showing signs (even vs Duke he was 4-of-6 for 12) and if he can become an above-average post player we'll be dangerous. If not we'll be pretty, win a bunch of games and get booted from the NCAA's in the 2nd or 3rd rd when someone pressures our shooters to where shots don't drop. And Painter needs to sign at least one more big man (probably a transfer) - not sure Robinson and Bade are enough.

Maybe we'll get back to MU-PU fighting it out at the top again. That stretch in the 90's were fun years.

Now I was young'n in the 90's but I'm pretty sure Michigan never won the big ten championship during that stretch of years.

Shade
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm far from a Michigan fan, but it's always nice to see the Dookies lose.

DisplacedKnick
12-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Now I was young'n in the 90's but I'm pretty sure Michigan never won the big ten championship during that stretch of years.

That's why it was fun - believe we won 3 straight and they were runner-up at least twice. One year we were 15-3 and they were 14-4 IIRC.

If they'd won 'em all it would have been less fun. Of course one year we got eliminated in the rd of 8 and they made the finals. That was less fun too until Chris Webber called a timeout. Then it was fun again.

grace
12-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm far from a Michigan fan, but it's always nice to see the Dookies lose.

Would you say that if Purdue had beaten them? I think not.

Pig Nash
12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
That was a win-win/lose-lose game. I hate to see either team win, but at least one of them had to lose.

Shade
12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Would you say that if Purdue had beaten them? I think not.

That's because it's always nicer to see the PUkies lose. ;)

Chain of hate:
- Purdue
- Duke
- Kentucky

Kstat
12-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Anybody care to explain to me how Purdue is ranked and Michigan is not? Anybody?

Shade
12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Anybody care to explain to me how Purdue is ranked and Michigan is not? Anybody?

Preseason expectations. It always balances out by season's end.