PDA

View Full Version : Harrington Question

DisplacedKnick
06-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Let me ask you guys what you think about this:

Kurt Thomas for Al Harrington

With the Knicks of 3 years ago I wouldn't have done this trade - with the way that team was put together KT helped us more than Al would.

However with today's Knicks, Al would fit better than KT for the Knicks and IMO KT would fit better for the Pacers than Al, with their stress on defense and a grinding type game.

I'm curious what Pacers fans think. Guess I could post a poll but I'm more interested in the discussion.

Unclebuck
06-22-2004, 09:39 AM
I have always liked Kurt Thomas, but I would rather have AL

MSA2CF
06-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Since Al doesn't want to be on this team and since Donnie is trying to honor his request, I think he'd do that deal if it were feasable. Kurt Thomas isn't a slouch at all. (Is he? :laugh:)

DisplacedKnick
06-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Since Al doesn't want to be on this team and since Donnie is trying to honor his request, I think he'd do that deal if it were feasable. Kurt Thomas isn't a slouch at all. (Is he? :laugh:)

No - he can give you some of what Brad used to with better defense. On offense he doesn't have much of a post-up game but he has a pretty reliable jumper from about 18 feet in.

He's a solid rebounder and a more than solid defender - one of the top position post defenders in the league but not a shot-blocker.

Played the last month of the season with a bad hand - torn ligament on his rt pinkie. Has missed about 8 games in the last 5 or 6 seasons.

The only negative - and I don't consider it a huge one - came last year when he wasn't real happy that McDyess had been anointed a starter over him (at least by the media) before he even came back. Ended up he started a few games before NY went back to Thomas.

The other negative compared with Harrington is that he'll turn 32 in October but his game doesn't rely on athleticism - I figure he should be able to play at his current level for another 3-4 years.

Slick Pinkham
06-22-2004, 10:21 AM
skill-wise I like it...

but the age thing also makes me hesitate.

And I can't imagine that Larry and Donnie really want to deal too much with Isiah.

Also I STILL don't consider KT a legit 5.