PDA

View Full Version : Do you understand what the Magic are doing

Unclebuck
06-22-2004, 12:01 AM
Assuming the Magic trade McGrady for Cato, Mobley, and Francis I don't understand why they are willing to make that trade.

Am I wrong or have the Rockets been trying to get a true point guard for the past several seasons. And haven't they said that a backcourt of Franicis and Mobley won't work and that one of those two had to be moved. Either trade Francis for a true point guard, or trade Mobley for a true point guard and move Francis to the shooting guard.

Having said that then why in the heck would the Magic trade for both Mobley and Francis. I really don't understand.

I think there are better trades out there

Do you agree with me.

maybe this is why the Magic only won 21 games this past season, terrible trades

Young
06-22-2004, 12:02 AM
I agree, don't know what the Magic are doing.

They trade a star because he doesn't want to play there for another star who doesn't want to play there.

They must think alot of Mobley/Cato.

Hicks
06-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Not only are they packing McGrady, but also Lue and Howard.

tseramid
06-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Along the same tune, why would Orlando want redundant players Artest, Bender and Harrington? Seems to me we are just pushing our 3 SF problem to them. Of course maybe their plans would be to move Artest to the 2. :)

Hicks
06-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Along the same tune, why would Orlando want redundant players Artest, Bender and Harrington? Seems to me we are just pushing our 3 SF problem to them. Of course maybe their plans would be to move Artest to the 2. :)

We wouldn't have traded all 3. They either would have had Ron at 3 and Al at 4 or Al and JB at either/or.

ROCislandWarrior
06-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Assuming the Magic trade McGrady for Cato, Mobley, and Francis I don't udnerstand why they are willing to make that trade.

Am I wrong or have the Rockets been trying to get a true point guard for the past several seasons. And haven't they said that a backcourt of Franicis and Mobley won't work and that one of those two had to be moved. Either trade Francis for a true point guard, or trade Mobley for a true point guard and move Francis to the shooting guard.

Having said that then why in the heck would the Magic trade for both Mobley and Francis. I really don't understand.

Do you agree with me.

This makes me think Donnie did not offer up Ron

any deal that we could have made involving Ron is better than that.

Young
06-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Assuming the Magic trade McGrady for Cato, Mobley, and Francis I don't udnerstand why they are willing to make that trade.

Do you agree with me.

This makes me think Donnie did not offer up Ron

any deal that we could have made involving Ron is better than that.

You really think so?

I think McGrady is the best we can do for him, of course we would be sending another player or players.

But if Ron wasn't offered, that makes me think we're keeping Ron unless DWLBRC have something up their sleeves.

Unclebuck
06-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Maybe this should have a new thread, but I don't want to start another one,

2 questions:

1) Do you think the Pacers offered Artest to the Magic

2) What do you think was the Pacers "best offer" for McGrady

Young
06-22-2004, 12:16 AM

2 questions:

1. No.
2. Harrington/Bener/Pollard.

Slick Pinkham
06-22-2004, 12:17 AM
I bet Ron was offered, but Francis was judged to be more marketable. Now apparently he will demand a trade.

11.3 million +/- 15% anyone?

not the Pacers, please. I'm not a franchise fan.

ROCislandWarrior
06-22-2004, 12:21 AM

2 questions:

Great Questions...If anyone knows the real answers, it will explain why Tmac won't be playing for us next season.

Either One of these things must have happened.

1) DW and LB did NOT offer up Artest. They made have said Al, Bender, Fred or whatever, but no Ron.

2) DW and LB offered up Ron but not Al or Bender. Something like Ron/Cro. It seems the Magic are looking for quantity here...3-4 solid players.

Anthem
06-22-2004, 12:29 AM
UncleBuck, in regards to your first question, I think the Magic aren't trying to win this year, they're just trying to get as much value as possible for McGrady. It's easy to move either player at a later date.

In regards to your second question, I think the Pacers offered Artest/Pippen/Pollard/#3/#29 for McGrady/Howard.

Maybe they included Freddy, hard to say.

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 12:51 AM

2 questions:

1. No.

Agreed. Except David Benner's name is spelled with two n's. :tongue:

Snickers
06-22-2004, 12:53 AM

2 questions:

1. No.

I wouldn't do that deal anyway. Think we could get them to take Kravitz instead? :confused:

Natston
06-22-2004, 12:56 AM

2 questions:

1. No.

I wouldn't do that deal anyway. Think we could get them to take Kravitz instead? :confused:

We'd have a better chance of trading Croshere than Kravitz... ;)

Kstat
06-22-2004, 12:56 AM

2 questions:

1. No.

Maybe you could send a new newspaper some money to take him in expansion :idea:

kerosene
06-22-2004, 01:02 AM
A core of Francis/Mobley/Cato/Okafor could win that SE division if things go well. Hope Gooden plays well out of position or Hill actually plays.

Francis will sell more tickets than Artest/Al whoever from the Pacers will too.

Snickers
06-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Indiana trades: Bob Kravitz
Indiana trades: Rebekah from the Pacemates
Indiana receives: Sam Smith
Indiana receives: year's supply of Chicago-style deep dish pizza
Change in team outlook: +6.7 annoyingly idiotic articles per month, -3.4 painfully uninformed articles per month, -2.0 breasts, +yummy pizza

Chicago trades: Sam Smith
Chicago trades: year's supply of Chicago-style deep dish pizza
Chicago receives: Bob Kravitz
Chicago receives: Rebekah from the Pacemates
Change in team outlook: -6.7 annoyingly idiotic articles per month, +3.4 painfully uninformed articles per month, +2.0 breasts, -yummy pizza

TRADE ACCEPTED

:dance:

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Change in team outlook: +6.7 annoyingly idiotic articles per month, -3.4 painfully uninformed articles per month, -2.0 breasts, +yummy pizza

Change in team outlook: -6.7 annoyingly idiotic articles per month, +3.4 painfully uninformed articles per month, +2.0 breasts, -yummy pizza

TRADE ACCEPTED

Okay, I just about died laughing. There really needs to be a :laughuntilheadexplodes: smilie.

Also, for those of you who aren't Pacemate obsessed, Rebekah didn't show up the last month or two, so we aren't really losing much of anything. Just pretend she's a better looking Danny Ferry.

Mmm, pizza.

Kstat
06-22-2004, 01:16 AM

TRADE ACCEPTED

Snickers if more of your posts had been like this, youd have won "funniest poster" by a landslide.....

Natston
06-22-2004, 01:16 AM

TRADE ACCEPTED

I don't like that trade.

Snickers
06-22-2004, 01:22 AM

TRADE ACCEPTED

I don't like that trade.

Don't let yourself get caught up in the "-2.0 breasts" stat. It's not like they were really good breasts or anything. Chicago requested Jessica, but I talked them down. You should be thankful. :mad:

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 01:22 AM

TRADE ACCEPTED

Snickers if more of your posts had been like this, youd have won "funniest poster" by a landslide.....

Yep, I just demanded a recount on another thread.

Timing's everything, candy boy.

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 01:25 AM

TRADE ACCEPTED

I don't like that trade.

Don't let yourself get caught up in the "-2.0 breasts" stat. It's not like they were really good breasts or anything. Chicago requested Jessica, but I talked them down. You should be thankful. :mad:

Jessica's breasts are the Shaquille O'Neal of Pacemateland. They just dominate everything else on the floor.

Natston
06-22-2004, 01:28 AM

TRADE ACCEPTED

I don't like that trade.

Jessica's breasts are the Shaquille O'Neal of Pacemateland. They just dominate everything else on the floor.

I want a paper boy prospect or two included in that deal, we need to be looking towards the future.

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 01:30 AM

Right now I'm tempted to make that my new sig. If that's not a sign that I need to get the hell out of here, I don't know what is.

:zip:

Natston
06-22-2004, 01:32 AM
How could you trade away a hot teacher???

http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/postcard_jessica_0304.jpg

Kstat
06-22-2004, 01:32 AM
:unimpressed:

She needs a new face.

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 01:34 AM
No, this is the picture that needs to be posted.

http://tomswe.home.insightbb.com/jessica.jpg

That's it, I'm really out now.

Snickers
06-22-2004, 01:36 AM

She needs a new face.

If "a new face" is some kind of Detroit-ese slang for "Snickers on top of her like Terry Mills on a honey-roasted ham," then yes. She needs "a new face."

Natston
06-22-2004, 01:38 AM

Now thats why I don't like the trade... :love:

Natston
06-22-2004, 01:39 AM

She needs a new face.

If "a new face" is some kind of Detroit-ese slang for "Snickers on top of her like Terry Mills on a honey-roasted ham," then yes. She needs "a new face."

Excellent Ex-piston and Ex-pacer plug... :loser:

Snickers
06-22-2004, 01:42 AM

Gah!! Warn a guy before you post those babies!!! I could have been doing kegels and sprained something! :arrgh:

I'm out too. Well actually, I'll probably be back in about 4 minutes or so. :drool:

Jose Slaughter
06-22-2004, 01:50 AM
As thin as the Magic are up front maybe they wanted Foster in the mix somehow & Walsh wouldn't do it.

Artest, Foster & Bender maybe.

Hoop
06-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Also, for those of you who aren't Pacemate obsessed, Rebekah didn't show up the last month or two, so we aren't really losing much of anything.

I think Rebekah was the Pacemate that was in a car accident close to the end of the season. She suffered a broken pelvis and leg is what I was told. Don't take this a gospel, one of the ushers told me.

JOneal7
06-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Weisbrod contradicts himself..."I WANT A GUY WHO CARES MORE ABOUT THE NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY THAN THE BACK" WOW! And a guy who doesn't even want to play for you! just for the sake of getting a superstar! Then what!? You trade him for some picks or crap? REAL SMOOTH WEIS...UHG

wintermute
06-22-2004, 02:07 AM
getting back on topic... (though i did enjoy the asides :D )

orlando now resembles the rockets pre-yao. 2 high-scoring, ball-hogging guards, and not much else on offense. dwight howard is not likely to change that equation yet. okafor might, but he's probably headed for the bobcats.

that said, francis and mobley are good enough to win some games, maybe even make a run at the playoffs. the thinking there maybe is that these guys will give howard time to develop. when that happens i expect one of either francis or mobley (or both) to get the boot.

TheSauceMaster
06-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Hmm , I heard Derek Fisher might be looking to opt out and goto the Rockets ;)

No I don't think Artest was offered to the Magic and anyways Tmac didn't want to be a Pacer anyways , err don't have the link but he wasn't grooving the pacers.