PDA

View Full Version : SHEIZA!!!

indygeezer
11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
About an hour ago I slammed my bare toes (left foot) into a wooden tray. Now the middle toe is black from the toenail back to the joint nearest, and there is a purple line running diagonally across the joint closest the body of the foot.

This is the third time in a week and a half this has happened. The first time it was the right foor with the big toe injured the 2nd time the left (again the big toe, but not so bad) and now this and this is the worst. We have a 15 yr old black lab whose hind legs don't do well when standing still. So the wife, in her infinite wisdom put down a wooden tray to elevate the food bowl and help the dog. Unfortunately, wherever she moves it seems to be the wrong spot for me that day.

Geezerette heard words today she didn't know old people knew.

Los Angeles
11-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Whoa - don't be suprised to find some steel toed boots under the Christmas tree.

Get better soon, Geezer!

indygeezer
11-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Whoa - don't be suprised to find some steel toed boots under the Christmas tree.

Get better soon, Geezer!

Thanks...the Mrs. is not being very sympathetic, but she never is. So I just rely on my buddy Jim to get me thru the agony and suffering.

Oh, and I like to remind her that it is HER wooden box I keep racking myself up on. She likes to remind me that I am old and teetering anyway and it is probably my dumb fault for not looking.

I agree with me.

oh, and the toe is starting to swell...it may be broked. As she says, well, just tape em together.
She can be sooooo loving.

Bball
11-29-2008, 09:10 PM
I hope you didn't spill the dog's food and make it difficult for him to eat! Poor thing...

;)
-Bball

Knucklehead Warrior
11-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Time to go out to the garage, put the foot in an ice bucket, lean back in an easy chair with a cold one and a see-gar. :buddies:

Los Angeles
11-29-2008, 10:23 PM
From personal broken toe experience, put gauze in between your toes before you tape them - and ice it regularly - no longer than 10 minutes, every hour or two.

Ibuprofen will help, too. (3 pills every four hours for 2-3 days).