PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Eliminated from T-mac Race?

JOneal7
06-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Do yall think with francis refusing to play here it has now eliminated them from the running? why would orlando trade for a guy who will then just get traded again? LOL
SO SWEET :)
we have to be in the running now!

Hicks
06-21-2004, 08:21 PM
For the Pacers sake I hope it throws a wrench in their gears.

While Francis can't officially veto this trade, him saying flat out he doesn't want to go has to complicate things on at least some level.

Hicks
06-21-2004, 08:22 PM
This guy gives no proof, but if this is true it's hilarious:

"I originally reported the TMac (to Houston) trade to this forum, and now, it may be off. Rumor has it that Charlotte is holding Orlando hostage, threatening to take Howard in the expansion draft unless Orlando GIVES them the #1. That puts Orlando in a bind. Best chance is to act like the deal is off so that the Bobcats don't take Howard, but then go through with the trade anyway, at a later date."

Got this here:
http://www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70217

Unclebuck
06-21-2004, 08:26 PM
I have been watching ESPN news for the past few hours and they indicate the deal betwen the Magic and Rockets is a done deal as long as the Bobcats don't take one of the players involved in the expansion draft

Will Galen
06-21-2004, 08:30 PM

"I originally reported the TMac (to Houston) trade to this forum, and now, it may be off. Rumor has it that Charlotte is holding Orlando hostage, threatening to take Howard in the expansion draft unless Orlando GIVES them the #1. That puts Orlando in a bind. Best chance is to act like the deal is off so that the Bobcats don't take Howard, but then go through with the trade anyway, at a later date."

Got this here:

They don't really expect to get the #1, but they are wanting something. If I were Orlando I would call their bluff. I would tell them, go ahead and we will just do the deal with Indiana and you will be stuck with Howard. Then Charlotte will have to decide if they want to take Howard or not.

Cactus Jax
06-21-2004, 08:31 PM

Got this here:

That would be awesome :devil:. The Bobcats would be my 2nd favorite team if they did that.

:devil: :devil: That's something I would do as a GM/owner.

Will Galen
06-21-2004, 08:35 PM
You know what else is interesting? Howard isn't one of the guys Insider reported the Magic as protecting. So we see Insiders list is also incorrect.

Cactus Jax
06-21-2004, 08:41 PM
You know what else is interesting? Howard isn't one of the guys Insider reported the Magic as protecting. So we see Insiders list is also incorrect.

???

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Orlando did leave him UNPROTECTED by all accounts, and you're saying Insider also said he was unprotected, and that's why they're supposedly waiting for the expansion draft to occur.

JOneal7
06-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Howard!? as a magic fan 2...TAKE HIM, lmao

Will Galen
06-21-2004, 08:59 PM

???

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Orlando did leave him UNPROTECTED by all accounts, and you're saying Insider also said he was unprotected, and that's why they're supposedly waiting for the expansion draft to occur.

What I was trying to say is he's not on Insiders list of unprotected. I just said it wrong. I need to go to bed.

Kegboy
06-21-2004, 09:06 PM
If I were Orlando I would call their bluff.

I would too. Problem is, I'm not to sure this guy is as smart as we are, Will. ;)

Kstat
06-21-2004, 09:09 PM
I still dont think this is in any way a deal-breaker. If worse comes to worse, Orlando can just turn around and trade him again.

Roaming Gnome
06-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Um...this is a done deal! Thank God. Who cares what Stevie wants...it's not his contract year! Suck it up, A-hole. Think of it as payback for stiffing the Grizzlies' franchise back in the day!

Little Stevie better start begging Bernie B. in Charlotte to blow up the deal...That looks like the only thing to derail that train!

Tom White
06-21-2004, 10:52 PM
You guys aren't really swallowing this crap, are you?

Come on, another day, another new poster/troll (the guy on the indystar board) trying his best to get everyone's goat.

Young
06-21-2004, 10:55 PM
You guys aren't really swallowing this crap, are you?

Come on, another day, another new poster/troll (the guy on the indystar board) trying his best to get everyone's goat.

I am.

Just so i'll be less pissed when we don't get him.

JOneal7
06-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Me as the troll? i hope not...
anyways this is sooooo dumb...weis wants people who care about the jersey more than the name on the back and he trades for francis! THEN JUST TRADES HIM AGAIN!? WTF!? this is all making NO SENSE...but of course..it's the magic staff! NO SHOCK HERE

Kstat
06-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Jim Gray reportes that Francis WILL PLAY for the magic if he is traded there, he just wont be happy about it.

JOneal7
06-22-2004, 02:47 AM
that's great...trade a SUPERSTAR TOP 5 PLAYER who is unhappy and doesn't want to play in orlando for a Star PG who shoots to much has a inflated contract and skips practice for the super bowl (Didn't they knock tmac for skipping practices?) Weis is the biggest moron alive..

Kstat
06-22-2004, 02:49 AM
Well all this means is next year you'll have to become a Rockets fan too.