PDA

View Full Version : Official - Bobcats move up to #2

kerosene
06-21-2004, 06:15 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired the fourth and 33rd overall picks in the 2004 NBA Draft from the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for the second overall selection in the draft. In addition, Charlotte has agreed to select Clippers’ center Predrag Drobnjak in Tuesday’s expansion draft.

In making the announcement, Clippers’ Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor said, “This trade achieves a two-fold objective: First, we know we will get the player we want with the fourth pick, and second, it improves our salary cap flexibility with regard to potential free agent developments.”

Drobnjak averaged 6.3 points and 3.2 rebounds in 61 games played in Los Angeles last season.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/draft_trade_040621.html

Hicks
06-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Uhh, yay? :D

Good for them, I guess.

themachotaco
06-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Nice move for CHA -- with Orlando wavering on whether or not to take Okafor or Howard after the weekend, the Bobcats will get a nice consolation prize.

This certainly has to make Atlanta feel like a real loser -- wanting to move up to get Howard publicly for months now, and just not able to get it done. Their offer to LAC must have really stunk. I'd bet that they were not willing to asbsorb any of the Clippers bad contracts, like the Bobcats were.

Kstat
06-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Nice move for CHA -- with Orlando wavering on whether or not to take Okafor or Howard after the weekend, the Bobcats will get a nice consolation prize.

This certainly has to make Atlanta feel like a real loser -- wanting to move up to get Howard publicly for months now, and just not able to get it done. Their offer to LAC must have really stunk. I'd bet that they were not willing to asbsorb any of the Clippers bad contracts, like the Bobcats were.

COnsidering that the clips seem to think theyll get the guy they want at #4, the fact they apparently werent going to draft Howard OR Okafor at #2 is mind-boggling.

kerosene
06-21-2004, 06:23 PM
If Livingston (or Gordon) is there at #4 that's my guess on who they take. Dumping Drob. gives them more space to make a run at a certain Lakers if that's what they're trying to do also.

Kstat
06-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking Livingston also. Chicago already has a PG and will almost certainly take Deng if they dont trade the pick.

ChicagoJ
06-21-2004, 07:33 PM
With Drobs going to CHA, perhaps they won't need any Peanut Butter?

Suaveness
06-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Maybe they still want him :darkness:

Kegboy
06-21-2004, 08:46 PM
With Drobs going to CHA, perhaps they won't need any Peanut Butter?

:pray:

Gyron
06-21-2004, 09:36 PM
According to an article in yesterdays charlotte observer, from one of the local guys, none of the pacers offered would be taken.

But again, its just a local guy at the newspaper, no one from the actual charlotte team office.

SoupIsGood
06-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Peanut Butter, while tasty, simply cannot play the game of basketball.

Snickers
06-21-2004, 09:49 PM
The problem with Peanut Butter is he's too creamy.

Roaming Gnome
06-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Just like that new Skippy "whipped" Peanut Butter...our PB is soft!

Anthem
06-22-2004, 12:11 AM
I agree! Primoz Stinks! If Charlotte knows what they're doing, they'll pass on him!

(psst... let's email this thread to the Bobcats!)

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 12:32 AM
I agree! Primoz Stinks! If Charlotte knows what they're doing, they'll pass on him!

(psst... let's email this thread to the Bobcats!)

Already done. :evillaugh:

Snickers
06-22-2004, 12:39 AM
I emailed them telling them how great JJ is. :dance:

Now all we have to do is wait and-- aw crap!! :mad:

Anthem
06-22-2004, 12:41 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired the fourth and 33rd overall picks in the 2004 NBA Draft from the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for the second overall selection in the draft.

Somebody help me here... I thought you couldn't trade your first- and second-round pick in the same year. Am I off my rocker?

Kegboy
06-22-2004, 12:57 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired the fourth and 33rd overall picks in the 2004 NBA Draft from the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for the second overall selection in the draft.

Somebody help me here... I thought you couldn't trade your first- and second-round pick in the same year. Am I off my rocker?

No, I believe it's that you can't trade (your own) 1st round pick in consecutive years. However, someone might want to check the Clips history in that regard. :whoknows: